Dake Bible Discussion BoardRELIGIOUS SPIRITS????????????

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

RELIGIOUS SPIRITS????????????

Post by branham1965 »

MY PASTOR REVEREND DAVIS AND REVEREND ANGLEY DEALT WITH THESE DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

READ CHARISMA NEWS AND SEE A GREAT ARTICLE ON IT.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: RELIGIOUS SPIRITS????????????

Post by branham1965 »

I have heard Dad Hagin speak on this before too. :agrue:

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I have heard the term and used it my self before, I liken it to Phariseeism or legalistic forms of Christianity.

Michael Evans

Post by Michael Evans »

From my understanding (and I trained under Brother Hagin at Rhema), 'religious spirits' are amongst the worst of Satan's * and are behind all doctrinal error both IN and OUT of the Body of Christ. They are spoken of in 1 Timothy 4 :1 : "In the latter days many will depart from the faith giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils". When yielded to fully, they bring their captives to apostasy (if they were originally saved) and to murderous acts against others, particularly -though not exclusively-Jews and Christians. The most public face of this aspect of their works today is in the jihad murders of westerners (who are all assumed to be infidels whether they are followers of the God of the Bible or not). I was recently surprised to learn that the husband of a Burmese woman (who I was teaching Bible lessons to in a Bible College in Thailand), was murdered by Buddhists right in front of her. All persecution over doctrine- which Rev. Dake faced a great deal of in his life- comes,I believe, from religious spirits. All worship in false religions and cults is promoted by them to. Satan's desire to be "like the most High" and be worshiped by all (inc. Jesus!) reveals him as the "Chief religious spirit" of all time.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

On religious spirits I think we have to use caution on this. I find when things in a church don't go as someone thinks they should people often blame a religious spirit.
Religious spirits get blamed for music choice or lack there of.
Religious spirits get blamed if there is or isn't a order of service.
Religious spirits get blamed it there is or isn't a bulletin.
Religious spirits get blamed if most of the women have long hair.
Religious spirits get blamed if shorts or slacks are worn or not worn.
Religious spirits get blamed the pastors dress be it a suit or casual clothes, with a collar or without.
Religious spirits get blamed for offering envelopes, family giving number, formal prayer, repeating a creed you name it.

Most of it isn't religious spirits at all but rather people's normal reluctance/resistance to change.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Ed wrote: I find many times when people walk in looking different they are also looking for a fight because of it and almost seem mad if they don't get one.
Ed wrote: Most of it isn't religious spirits at all but rather people's normal reluctance/resistance to change.
Maybe, but to me are you trying to justified and make excuses for behavior maybe that you display or behavior that you believe might be justified? I don't know you seem to be making excuses for peoples behavior in a round about way. I could be wrong but both of your replies seem to be an excuse for it. Since I have become a Christian I have meet some of the most judgmental and condescending people I have ever met and they make excesses just like theses two replies seem to do.

Watchman2013
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by Watchman2013 »

Justaned wrote:On religious spirits I think we have to use caution on this. I find when things in a church don't go as someone thinks they should people often blame a religious spirit.
Religious spirits get blamed for music choice or lack there of.
Religious spirits get blamed if there is or isn't a order of service.
Religious spirits get blamed it there is or isn't a bulletin.
Religious spirits get blamed if most of the women have long hair.
Religious spirits get blamed if shorts or slacks are worn or not worn.
Religious spirits get blamed the pastors dress be it a suit or casual clothes, with a collar or without.
Religious spirits get blamed for offering envelopes, family giving number, formal prayer, repeating a creed you name it.

Most of it isn't religious spirits at all but rather people's normal reluctance/resistance to change.
Good Evening, Justaned!

Absolutely correct, Sir. Sometimes people have expectations, beliefs, and "theories" that they have concerning everything. Where they got these paradigms, only The Lord knows, but they didn't get them from Him... Something more curious, and most troubling, is the penchant for Believers to give Satan credit for their peculiar situations- especially if those same situations result from their own actions.

We should never give Satan place, nor credit, for any occurrence that takes place in our lives... Best course of action? Destroy the works of Satan, while continuing to do the works Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, has called us to...

Maranatha

C.F. Leffen, aka. Watchman2013

"Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.