Dake Bible Discussion Board10 Things God can't do!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: 10 Things God can't do!

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:After reading a posters response in another thread it seems that some believe that God can change HIS Word anytime He sees fit to do so.

But it is a great blessing to simply be able to believe what God says and then let it go at that!

If God says He can't do something then He can't. He is still GOD!
Hmmm, I missed that thread, where was that said?
You can see it here:
bibleman wrote:

Ed,
As long as you believe that God can just CHANGE HIS WORD anytime He gets a whim.... then you will never have faith!
Was Ananias and Sapphira an exception or the rule? Was the woman caught in adultery an exception or a rule?

People cheat on their tithing every day and don't drop dead. The law was if you got caught in adultery you were to be stoned. God made and makes exceptions every day.
http://www.dakebibleboard.com/viewtopic ... 815#p81815
I don't think I said God can change his word at anytime He gets a whim. I said there are exceptions to God's word throughout scripture. Case in point, Adulteress is to be stoned to death, yet in the New Testament was see Jesus telling one to go and sin no more. That is an exception.

Ananias and Sapphira cheated on their tithe and dropped dead immediately yet today people do the same things repeatedly and don't drop dead. That is a exception.

Moses talked to a burning bush. That is an exception. A donkey talked to the prophet that is an exception. Samson had strength conditioned on his hair that was an exception. God told the children of Israel to march around Jericho 7 times and walls fell down that was an exception.

We can not take exceptions and make them doctrines is what I am saying. Nothing less and nothing more.
Hi Ed my frined,

Begging your pardon but here is what you said concerning God's Word: God made and makes exceptions every day.
Going back through the posts all I can find is where I said
There are exceptions all through scripture,

I think God does things that look to us as being exceptions and God does these not based on His whim but based on His perfect timing and His perfect will. Two people in a car wreck one is save one isn't both were strong strong Christians.
Two people strong strong Christians, both with the same faith, same holiness, same talk with the Lord one is saved from cancer and one isn't. Two planes in the sky both with same number of people, same mix of Christians one falls from sky with an engine failure and the other gets safely an airport and lands with the same engine failure.
Jesus picked one man at the well of Bethesda to heal while thousands watched.

You might try to explain these but to me they look like exceptions. And since God hasn't explained them neither can you. If not then life on earth is nothing more than a formula which we don't have all the factors for.

However I believe it isn't a formula but certainty that we must trust God in all things, that what is important is not this brief passage of time as aliens on this earth but rather eternal life in heaven where to our perfected nature there will be no exceptions.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:After reading a posters response in another thread it seems that some believe that God can change HIS Word anytime He sees fit to do so.

But it is a great blessing to simply be able to believe what God says and then let it go at that!

You can see it here:
bibleman wrote:

Ed,
As long as you believe that God can just CHANGE HIS WORD anytime He gets a whim.... then you will never have faith!
Was Ananias and Sapphira an exception or the rule? Was the woman caught in adultery an exception or a rule?

People cheat on their tithing every day and don't drop dead. The law was if you got caught in adultery you were to be stoned. God made and makes exceptions every day.
I don't think I said God can change his word at anytime He gets a whim. I said there are exceptions to God's word throughout scripture. Case in point, Adulteress is to be stoned to death, yet in the New Testament was see Jesus telling one to go and sin no more. That is an exception.

Ananias and Sapphira cheated on their tithe and dropped dead immediately yet today people do the same things repeatedly and don't drop dead. That is a exception.

Moses talked to a burning bush. That is an exception. A donkey talked to the prophet that is an exception. Samson had strength conditioned on his hair that was an exception. God told the children of Israel to march around Jericho 7 times and walls fell down that was an exception.

We can not take exceptions and make them doctrines is what I am saying. Nothing less and nothing more.
Hi Ed my frined,

Begging your pardon but here is what you said concerning God's Word: God made and makes exceptions every day.

I think God does things that look to us as being exceptions and God does these not based on His whim but based on His perfect timing and His perfect will. Two people in a car wreck one is save one isn't both were strong strong Christians.
Two people strong strong Christians, both with the same faith, same holiness, same talk with the Lord one is saved from cancer and one isn't. Two planes in the sky both with same number of people, same mix of Christians one falls from sky with an engine failure and the other gets safely an airport and lands with the same engine failure.

You might try to explain these but to me they look like exceptions. And since God hasn't explained them neither can you. If not then life on earth is nothing more than a formula which we don't have all the factors for.

However I believe it isn't a formula but certainty that we must trust God in all things, that what is important is not this brief passage of time as aliens on this earth but rather eternal life in heaven where to our perfected nature there will be no exceptions.

Ed,

Click on this link and you will see it... God made and makes exceptions every day.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:

You can see it here:
bibleman wrote:

Ed,

Hi Ed my frined,

Ed,

Click on this link and you will see it... God made and makes exceptions every day.

Your right I did make this statement but in reference to the point I made about the exceptions we see in scripture.
Likewise since we don't know God perfect will God many times does things that don't appear constant to man but I believe are constant when all the fact are known. It is those facts and condition(unknown to us) that make what appears to be exceptions. Likewise as children God our perfect parent has to deal with each of us as individuals. What might work to teach one person would be lost on another. Just as parents treat each child equal love but differently God must do the same for us. That my friend is an exception.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote: Your right I did make this statement but in reference to the point I made about the exceptions we see in scripture.
Likewise since we don't know God perfect will God many times does things that don't appear constant to man but I believe are constant when all the fact are known. It is those facts and condition(unknown to us) that make what appears to be exceptions. Likewise as children God our perfect parent has to deal with each of us as individuals. What might work to teach one person would be lost on another. Just as parents treat each child equal love but differently God must do the same for us. That my friend is an exception.
Well Ed my friend!

We know God's perfect will - it fills the pages of the Bible!

Such as salvation, healing and prosperity!

3 John 2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

God is good isn't HE?

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote: Your right I did make this statement but in reference to the point I made about the exceptions we see in scripture.
Well Ed my friend!

3 John 2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

God is good isn't HE?

Yes God is good but God also does things that appear to man as exceptions. To deny that is to deny the scriptures that cite these exceptions.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Well Ed my friend!

God is good isn't HE?

Yes God is good but God also does things that appear to man as exceptions. To deny that is to deny the scriptures that cite these exceptions.
OK what exceptions are you talking about? One only please where God violated HIS Word!

God bless
Leon Bible

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Well Ed my friend!

God is good isn't HE?

OK what exceptions are you talking about? One only please where God violated HIS Word!
Never said God violated his word. I said we find exceptions

Hebrews 9:27 (KJV)
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Enoch and Elijah

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Well Ed my friend!

God is good isn't HE?

Enoch and Elijah

Nope, they still die in the Tribulation period!
16. Since it is appointed unto man once to die (Heb. 9:27), it is certain that they are two men who have never died so that they can die at the hands of the Antichrist in the future. This excludes Moses or any other man who has already died as one of the witnesses.

18. There would seem to be only two men in the Bible who could fulfil these facts about the two witnesses. They are Enoch and Elijah. That Elijah will be one of them is clearly predicted in Mal. 4:5-6. John the Baptist was never Elijah, fulfilling this prophecy. He said that he was not Elijah (Jn. 1:21). He only came in the same spirit and power of Elijah to prepare the hearts of people for the Messiah’s first coming in the way that Elijah will prepare their hearts for the second coming of the Messiah (Lk. 1:17). Enoch is the only other man transported so that he would not experience death in his lifetime on earth (Gen. 5:21-24; Heb. 11:5; 2 Ki. 2). Both were prophets of judgment (Jude 1:14-15; 1 Ki. 17-18). Both must come back and die their own appointed death on earth, as all men must who live before the rapture (Heb. 9:27; 1 Cor. 15:51-58). If either Enoch or Elijah had been transported in immortal, glorified bodies, they would have been the firstfruits of the resurrection instead of Christ (1 Cor. 15:20-23). This proves they are in heaven in their natural bodies. They will continue there until their return to fulfil Rev. 11. The lives of Enoch and Elijah are parallel in every sense, so their cases rise or fall together as to being the two witnesses.

Finis Jennings Dake, Dake’s Annotations to the Holy Bible, Dake Reference Library. Accordance electronic ed. (Lawrenceville: Dake Publishing, 1991), n.p.

God bless
Leon Bible

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Well Ed my friend!

God is good isn't HE?

Enoch and Elijah

Nope, they still die in the Tribulation period!
16. Since it is appointed unto man once to die (Heb. 9:27), it is certain that they are two men who have never died so that they can die at the hands of the Antichrist in the future. This excludes Moses or any other man who has already died as one of the witnesses.

18. There would seem to be only two men in the Bible who could fulfil these facts about the two witnesses. They are Enoch and Elijah. That Elijah will be one of them is clearly predicted in Mal. 4:5-6. John the Baptist was never Elijah, fulfilling this prophecy. He said that he was not Elijah (Jn. 1:21). He only came in the same spirit and power of Elijah to prepare the hearts of people for the Messiah’s first coming in the way that Elijah will prepare their hearts for the second coming of the Messiah (Lk. 1:17). Enoch is the only other man transported so that he would not experience death in his lifetime on earth (Gen. 5:21-24; Heb. 11:5; 2 Ki. 2). Both were prophets of judgment (Jude 1:14-15; 1 Ki. 17-18). Both must come back and die their own appointed death on earth, as all men must who live before the rapture (Heb. 9:27; 1 Cor. 15:51-58). If either Enoch or Elijah had been transported in immortal, glorified bodies, they would have been the firstfruits of the resurrection instead of Christ (1 Cor. 15:20-23). This proves they are in heaven in their natural bodies. They will continue there until their return to fulfil Rev. 11. The lives of Enoch and Elijah are parallel in every sense, so their cases rise or fall together as to being the two witnesses.

Finis Jennings Dake, Dake’s Annotations to the Holy Bible, Dake Reference Library. Accordance electronic ed. (Lawrenceville: Dake Publishing, 1991), n.p.
Neither you nor I nor Dake knows that for certain. And right now it appears to be an exception does it not?

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

Grandfather wrote:

If you call "making an exception" changing, the I would have to agree with you. But if I look a little deeper, I can see something that Ed may be attempting to draw attention to, but using poor terminology to do it.

I believe the scripture, that God is faithful and what He said he will do he will do. If we can't trust Him to keep His word, how can we trust Him to save us after we place our faith in Jesus Christ? Maybe he will make an exception and not save someone who did, or even save someone that didn't.

However, what we do see is that God's "pay day" is not always "Friday". To use the example Ed mentioned...how many people do you know that have lied about tithing? Being a pastor I imagine you will say "a lot", but how many have dropped dead upon saying it? Hmmmm, I don't recall reading anything like that outside of the book of Acts. However, let us not confuse his mercy and longsuffering as He delays judgment as "exceptions", for I don't believe reading a schedule for justice to be served.