Dake Bible Discussion Board10 Things God can't do!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: 10 Things God can't do!

Post by Justaned »

Grandfather wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:After reading a posters response in another thread it seems that some believe that God can change HIS Word anytime He sees fit to do so.

But it is a great blessing to simply be able to believe what God says and then let it go at that!

If God says He can't do something then He can't. He is still GOD!
Hmmm, I missed that thread, where was that said?
If you call "making an exception" changing, the I would have to agree with you. But if I look a little deeper, I can see something that Ed may be attempting to draw attention to, but using poor terminology to do it.

I believe the scripture, that God is faithful and what He said he will do he will do. If we can't trust Him to keep His word, how can we trust Him to save us after we place our faith in Jesus Christ? Maybe he will make an exception and not save someone who did, or even save someone that didn't.

However, what we do see is that God's "pay day" is not always "Friday". To use the example Ed mentioned...how many people do you know that have lied about tithing? Being a pastor I imagine you will say "a lot", but how many have dropped dead upon saying it? Hmmmm, I don't recall reading anything like that outside of the book of Acts. However, let us not confuse his mercy and longsuffering as He delays judgment as "exceptions", for I don't believe reading a schedule for justice to be served.

Grandfather
Perhaps I am using the wrong terminology but wouldn't you say for what we know right now that Enoch and Elijah are exceptions to Hebrews 9:27 (KJV)
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

That may change at some future event but none of us know or can say that with certainty so for now we have to view them as exceptions do we not?

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

Justaned wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:After reading a posters response in another thread it seems that some believe that God can change HIS Word anytime He sees fit to do so.

But it is a great blessing to simply be able to believe what God says and then let it go at that!

If God says He can't do something then He can't. He is still GOD!
Hmmm, I missed that thread, where was that said?
If you call "making an exception" changing, the I would have to agree with you. But if I look a little deeper, I can see something that Ed may be attempting to draw attention to, but using poor terminology to do it.

I believe the scripture, that God is faithful and what He said he will do he will do. If we can't trust Him to keep His word, how can we trust Him to save us after we place our faith in Jesus Christ? Maybe he will make an exception and not save someone who did, or even save someone that didn't.

However, what we do see is that God's "pay day" is not always "Friday". To use the example Ed mentioned...how many people do you know that have lied about tithing? Being a pastor I imagine you will say "a lot", but how many have dropped dead upon saying it? Hmmmm, I don't recall reading anything like that outside of the book of Acts. However, let us not confuse his mercy and longsuffering as He delays judgment as "exceptions", for I don't believe reading a schedule for justice to be served.

Grandfather
Perhaps I am using the wrong terminology but wouldn't you say for what we know right now that Enoch and Elijah are exceptions to Hebrews 9:27 (KJV)
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

That may change at some future event but none of us know or can say that with certainty so for now we have to view them as exceptions do we not?
On the surface I would say the verdict is still out. They could be the two witnesses that die, they could have "died" after they left earth on there way to be with God. What we know is they left earth alive, but that doesn't mean they haven't died somewhere or will die sometime in the future. What I do know is that "God is not a man that He should lie" If God cannot be trust to fulfill Heb 9:27 for all men, then can he be not trusted to fulfill John 3:16 for all men.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

grandfather wrote;
"They could be the two witnesses that die, they could have "died" after they left earth on there way to be with God. What we know is they left earth alive, but that doesn't mean they haven't died somewhere or will die sometime in the future."
Elijah will be one (Mal.4:5-6),

v 5, Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
v 6, And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.
Elijah pleased God and was translated by "faith."

Enoch will be the other. He was translated to Heaven and is now one of the two olive trees and two candlesticks which stand before God. Hebrews 11:5, By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; . . . . . .

Both men will come back and die their appointed deaths at the hands of the antichrist.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Some have a punt on Moses Haz and not enoch
macca

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:Some have a punt on Moses Haz and not enoch
macca
I suppose it all depends on whether they believe what they read or not, or on their own personal INTERPRITATION of the Scriptures? :lol!:

Scripture teaches Moses was not translated, he Died here on Earth and was buried here on the Earth according to God's Word!

Deut. 33:1, And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death.

Deut. 34:5-6, So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD. v 6, And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Bethpeor: but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day.

Wait a minute macca, . . . . . Someone said God has not revealed everything to us at this time, that He has hidden many things from us, and that is so, but, would he have hidden something as important as this, the return of the two witnesses and who they are so at least we know them when they get here?

Would God tell us Moses died and was buried yet ! . . . maybe someone did find Moses's sepulchre yesterday, looked inside and Moses was gone!! Shock horror? +wink

We could interpret this into believing, . . . . lets see, . . . . how does three witnesses sound?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

The witnesses are witnesses to the Jews (Children of Israel) Enoch was not a Jew. The Lineage of the Children of Israel came from Abraham via Jacob(Israel). Enoch lived before Abraham or Jacob.

Elijah and Moses appears on the Mount of transfiguration. So while Moses is dead he is still seen at the mount.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Justaned wrote:The witnesses are witnesses to the Jews (Children of Israel) Enoch was not a Jew. The Lineage of the Children of Israel came from Abraham via Jacob(Israel). Enoch lived before Abraham or Jacob.

Elijah and Moses appears on the Mount of transfiguration. So while Moses is dead he is still seen at the mount.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Justaned wrote:The witnesses are witnesses to the Jews (Children of Israel) Enoch was not a Jew. The Lineage of the Children of Israel came from Abraham via Jacob(Israel). Enoch lived before Abraham or Jacob.

Elijah and Moses appears on the Mount of transfiguration. So while Moses is dead he is still seen at the mount."
So do you suggest God may send Moses back as one of the witnesses and have him die again?

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Ironman wrote:

Elijah and Moses appears on the Mount of transfiguration. So while Moses is dead he is still seen at the mount."
So do you suggest God may send Moses back as one of the witnesses and have him die again?
Moses would be a witness to the Jews not Enoch who wasn't Jewish.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Justaned wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Moses would be a witness to the Jews not Enoch who wasn't Jewish.
Just one small paragraph; Dake's GPFM Page 811-12.

Identity of the two witnesses.
Enoch will be the other witness. This is clear because Enoch and Elijah are the only two people who have not tasted death; that is, they have not died their appointed death on Earth. This they must undergo as have all others (Gen. 5:21-24; Heb.11:5; 2 Kings 2).
Both Enoch and Elijah were prophets of Judgment (Jude 14, 15; 1 Kings 17-18). We know Elijah was translated and did not see death. Enoch is the only other man translated and thus did not see death during his lifetime on Earth, that such was for some definite purpose; that is, to be the other witness.
That both men will come back and die their appointed deaths at the hands of the Antichrist is not only incredible, but is entirely logical.