Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe passage all liberals hate!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: The passage all liberals hate!

Post by Ironman »

Rocky wrote:<<WARNING>>>
The following Statements may be offensive to some readers, and is nothing personal against to whom it is addressed

Hi Ed, again others are giving you scripture and you seem to be rejecting it. I cant believe what I have been reading, and personally I believe you make God out to be very cruel, just a personal observation. Ok you claim that God knows our decisions and what we do beforehand and still tests our free will, to me you are making our God out to be some kind of sadist who wants to punish us and test us just to watch us squirm, And for what?, To make us stronger? Well do we need a safe word to make your version of god to stop whippings us? You seem to be denying a revelation that is shown in scripture about this. You will claim you are not, but according to your replies you seem to be. It's as if you are depicting a different god then what is portrayed in the bible. Warning, Blunt statement ahead >I will not follow a god that you are depicting in this thread. Ok now that is said, I hope your day is going well :mrgreen:

With this logic you cannot explain and are just helping the atheist and most other unbelievers to be right about their understanding about the Christian God because you are unable to explain or answer:
why God tests us?
Why do bad and even horrific things happen to good people?
Why did God even create Lucifer if he knew he was going to fall?
Why did God create humans if he knew we were going to fall?
why did God even put the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden in the first place if he knew Adam and Eve were going to eat it?
However if you really take the bible for what is says it can be understood, but not with your man made logic. People who usually have the same understanding as you always offers some generic response like " :oh we can never know" <Like how I put the emote as an O in oh to express embarrassment for not knowing? lol and "we will know when we get to heaven" and the oldie but goodie "every thing happens for a reason" But Ed guess what? In the bible it is explained as to why, you are just rejecting it...
:angel: :angel:

Well said Rocky.

Ed, if God created mankind knowingly, that is, knowing many would deliberately chose to rape and murder their own babies, bash and murder their wives and children, steal from each other, hate each other, and hate Him, their creator, and still create these men anyway, the you accuse God of being the author of sin and not Satan!

Only God and Lucifer knows how long Lucifer, who was a free moral agent, remained true to God, before iniquity was found in him? And so, when God started over with Adam and Eve, God created them free moral agents, and had a plan, to first test them to see if they remained true, and follow up with His plan which included their and their children's redemption should they fail the test.

God never knew how they would decide, until He left them in the garden with instructions, not to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil less they would die! Lucifer came and told them the would not die if they ate of the tree God forbade them to eat of. God hoped they would reject Satan and eat of the tree of life, sadly they failed.

God never new what they would chose until they carried out their choice. If God did know, then why carry on with the whole plan? God could have said to the Word, lets not waste time testing them, WE know they will fail the test? Lets just create them, leave them in the wilderness, let them kill each other and become so evil, we probably will regret we created them, and so we will destroy all but Noah and his family because I know he will turn out all right, not sure about his decendents? The Word would have been in His right to say, lets start with Noah and see how it goes from there? No says the Father, most of His decendent's will turn out bad as well, You see, we already know all this. Ok, lets start by creating Moses? No, he will sin, what about starting with King David? No he will sin, Solomon? No, he will turn to idols, I know, Peter? No another sinner. Sad Father, but knowing all this, lets create them any way? Well Ok, but you know we are creating beings who will commit the most horrendous sins, and We can be accused of being the authors of sin and death! Yes, I know Father! And if WE are accused of knowingly creating horrendous killing beings and are accused of being the authors of sin and death, we can blame it all on Lucifer, now Satan.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

The following Statements may be offensive to some readers, and is nothing personal against to whom it is addressed

Hi Ed, again others are giving you scripture and you seem to be rejecting it. I cant believe what I have been reading, and personally I believe you make God out to be very cruel, just a personal observation. Ok you claim that God knows our decisions and what we do beforehand and still tests our free will, to me you are making our God out to be some kind of sadist who wants to punish us and test us just to watch us squirm, And for what?, To make us stronger? Well do we need a safe word to make your version of god to stop whippings us? You seem to be denying a revelation that is shown in scripture about this. You will claim you are not, but according to your replies you seem to be. It's as if you are depicting a different god then what is portrayed in the bible. Warning, Blunt statement ahead >I will not follow a god that you are depicting in this thread. Ok now that is said, I hope your day is going well :mrgreen:

With this logic you cannot explain and are just helping the atheist and most other unbelievers to be right about their understanding about the Christian God because you are unable to explain or answer:
why God tests us?
why did God even put the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden in the first place if he knew Adam and Eve were going to eat it?
However if you really take the bible for what is says it can be understood, but not with your man made logic. People who usually have the same understanding as you always offers some generic response like " :oh we can never know" <Like how I put the emote as an O in oh to express embarrassment for not knowing? lol and "we will know when we get to heaven" and the oldie but goodie "every thing happens for a reason" But Ed guess what? In the bible it is explained as to why, you are just rejecting it...

How is God allowing you free will choice "whipping you"?
Why does it make you feel better to think your choice is secret until you make it? How does that effect whether good or bad things are going to happen to you?
You aren't making any sense. It seems you are dreaming up very bad scenario you can think of and saying because God knows our choice these bad things happen. Why would they happen? Why would God knowing our choice would it make it happen? I don't follow what your saying.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Ironman wrote:

why God tests us?
:angel: :angel:

Well said Rocky.

Ed, if God created mankind knowingly, that is, knowing many would deliberately chose to rape and murder their own babies, bash and murder their wives and children, steal from each other, hate each other, and hate Him, their creator, and still create these men anyway, the you accuse God of being the author of sin and not Satan!

Only God and Lucifer knows how long Lucifer, who was a free moral agent, remained true to God, before iniquity was found in him? And so, when God started over with Adam and Eve, God created them free moral agents, and had a plan, to first test them to see if they remained true, and follow up with His plan which included their and their children's redemption should they fail the test.

God never knew how they would decide, until He left them in the garden with instructions, not to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil less they would die! Lucifer came and told them the would not die if they ate of the tree God forbade them to eat of. God hoped they would reject Satan and eat of the tree of life, sadly they failed.

God never new what they would chose until they carried out their choice. If God did know, then why carry on with the whole plan? God could have said to the Word, lets not waste time testing them, WE know they will fail the test? Lets just create them, leave them in the wilderness, let them kill each other and become so evil, we probably will regret we created them, and so we will destroy all but Noah and his family because I know he will turn out all right, not sure about his decendents? The Word would have been in His right to say, lets start with Noah and see how it goes from there? No says the Father, most of His decendent's will turn out bad as well, You see, we already know all this. Ok, lets start by creating Moses? No, he will sin, what about starting with King David? No he will sin, Solomon? No, he will turn to idols, I know, Peter? No another sinner. Sad Father, but knowing all this, lets create them any way? Well Ok, but you know we are creating beings who will commit the most horrendous sins, and We can be accused of being the authors of sin and death! Yes, I know Father! And if WE are accused of knowingly creating horrendous killing beings and are accused of being the authors of sin and death, we can blame it all on Lucifer, now Satan.

Again you are following Rockys logic and I see no reason why you say if God allows man free will and man makes a bad decision it is then God's fault. God knew man would do all those terrible things when the flood came, so using this logic why don't you say that because God allowed man to live after the flood all the bad in the world is God problem?

God created man. God gave man free will a choice. If man makes a bad choice whether God knows about it or not it is man's fault for making the choice. If man makes a good choice you all say that is because you are a good person.

So if man does good man is a Christian but if man does bad it is God's fault for creating man, allowing man to make his own choice because he knew what choice man would make. Where is the logic in that?

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:

why God tests us?

Why does it make you feel better to think your choice is secret until you make it? How does that effect whether good or bad things are going to happen to you?
You aren't making any sense. It seems you are dreaming up very bad scenario you can think of and saying because God knows our choice these bad things happen. Why would they happen? Why would God knowing our choice would it make it happen? I don't follow what your saying.

Ed I did not say God allowing my free will choice that he was whipping me". You did not actually read my reply did you? Well I am sorry you don't understand, Ironman got it. Maybe you really did not read it and if you really read this and not just skim read it and you still do not understand, then well maybe its time for the next generation of free thinking believers to take the reigns and actually take the bible for what it says and answer the tough question with gentleness for this unbelieving world +goofy :n00b:

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

Rocky, even if Ed read your reply he will still give you what Ed thinks and has no concern about how he constantly contradicts God's Word.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:

why God tests us?

Ed I did not say God allowing my free will choice that he was whipping me". You did not actually read my reply did you? Well I am sorry you don't understand, Ironman got it. Maybe you really did not read it and if you really read this and not just skim read it and you still do not understand, then well maybe its time for the next generation of free thinking believers to take the reigns and actually take the bible for what it says and answer the tough question with gentleness for this unbelieving world +goofy :n00b:
Rocky
I read your post and I understood it I just don't see your logic.
I said God allows man free will but knows the decisions we will make.
You then said
Ok you claim that God knows our decisions and what we do beforehand and still tests our free will, to me you are making our God out to be some kind of sadist who wants to punish us and test us just to watch us squirm,
I never said God tests our free will I said God allows our free will and I don't see how allowing us to have free will and to know what decisions we will make makes God some kind of sadist. Why is allowing us free will sadistic? Is my question to you.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

victoryword wrote:Rocky, even if Ed read your reply he will still give you what Ed thinks and has no concern about how he constantly contradicts God's Word.

Instead of
"People lacking the ability to refute their opponents with fact or knowledge, instead they try to insult, ridicule, deride, slander, and traduce them, and in the use of these methods their followers are no less expert. Their polemic is directed never against the argument of the opponent, but always against his person."
How about answering my question.

I say man has free will. I also say God knows what decision we will freely make. How does knowing the choice we will make effect our free will? Just answer that question.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:

why God tests us?

Rocky
You then said
Ok you claim that God knows our decisions and what we do beforehand and still tests our free will, to me you are making our God out to be some kind of sadist who wants to punish us and test us just to watch us squirm,
I never said God tests our free will I said God allows our free will and I don't see how allowing us to have free will and to know what decisions we will make makes God some kind of sadist. Why is allowing us free will sadistic? Is my question to you.
You might have read it, but you avoided some of the tough things I addressed and asked. What I am trying to bring out is that your logic about all of this is a bit off. All of it, about Gods for foreknowledge about certain things concerning when it comes to the free will, and You seem to believe that God does not test mans free will, of course you must believe this in order to justify this belief that you have when in fact the bible says even Abraham was tested
Gen 22:1
Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!” “Here I am,” he replied.

Hebrews 11:17
By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had embraced the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son,

What did God say after Abrahams test?
And He said, “Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”

What of job Job 23:10
But He knows the way that I take;
When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold.

David, psalm 17:3
You have tested my heart;
You have visited me in the night;
You have tried me and have found nothing;
I have purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.

Jeremiah, Jer 12:3
But You, O LORD, know me;
You have seen me,
And You have tested my heart toward You.
Pull them out like sheep for the slaughter,
And prepare them for the day of slaughter.

And many many others

Ed the bible puts holes in your theology, would it not be easier to take the bible for what it says? Again with your logic can you answer these questions?

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:

why God tests us?

Rocky
You then said
You might have read it, but you avoided some of the tough things I addressed and asked. What I am trying to bring out is that your logic about all of this is a bit off. All of it, about Gods for foreknowledge about certain things concerning when it comes to the free will, and You seem to believe that God does not test mans free will, of course you must believe this in order to justify this belief that you have when in fact the bible says even Abraham was tested
Gen 22:1
Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!” “Here I am,” he replied.

Hebrews 11:17
By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had embraced the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son,

What did God say after Abrahams test?
And He said, “Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”

What of job Job 23:10
But He knows the way that I take;
When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold.

David, psalm 17:3
You have tested my heart;
You have visited me in the night;
You have tried me and have found nothing;
I have purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.

Jeremiah, Jer 12:3
But You, O LORD, know me;
You have seen me,
And You have tested my heart toward You.
Pull them out like sheep for the slaughter,
And prepare them for the day of slaughter.

And many many others

Ed the bible puts holes in your theology, would it not be easier to take the bible for what it says? Again with your logic can you answer these questions?
Rocky
Of course or Free Will is tested. How else would you or I know what we capable of. Of course the saints and even some non saint of scripture had their free will tested. How else would we know their testimony.
The point I'm making is God already knows the outcome, he is not surprised by the results. Yes I know you posted a whole bunch of verses that seem to imply God is interested in the results but I think you are allowing God's figure of speech to become a foundation of a doctrine God never intended to be build.

Why Do bad things happen to good people? Because sin is allowed by God to run loose on this earth.
Why did God create Lucifer if he knew he was going to fall? I have no idea but I will ask when I get to heaven.
Why did God create human if he knew they were going to fall? First not all remain in a fallen state and those are the ones God is interested in. If he made them that way he would be puppet maker instead he had to leave them make their own choice. Why did he make the ones that would make the wrong choice so we would have bad examples I guess.
Why did God put the Tree of Knowledge in the garden? I have no idea again a question I will ask. To me it like allowing a child to play with matches. You tell them not to that they will get hurt but unless you move the matches you know most kids will try playing with the matches. I think God may have allowed the Tree to be there to prove he gave man free will. If he had never put the tree there man would never have chosen against God and would have no proof that we do in fact have free will.

Now you answer my question why do you object to me saying man has free will and that God knows what choice they will make by saying that eliminates man's free will.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Others and myself have given you scripture at least you will admit to that, but you say oh it was just a figure of speech lol how convenient for you.
Wow Ed, according to you God does not know what the heck he is doing lol. See answers like this is why I don't blame atheist for the way they view god.

Here is Ed's god: according to his reply.
I know what you are going to do anyway but I am still going to allow calamity and testing and even though I know beforehand if you will be faithful or not. I even told Abraham when I tested him, "now I know that you will be faithful" but I was joking about that, I really did know haha. And I knew the horror that sin was going to bring into the world and I am even going to put a tree in the garden to test you to show you have free will and for your own good... I knew what was going to happen and a lot of my creation is going to hell they will kill each other, war, rape and plunder, But I need to show them they have free will and it is for their own good, to help them to be stronger. And this one angel that I will create is going to fall and lead a rebellion against me, but I will create him any way so I can show man he has free will and it is for their own good. Death destruction and disuses is going to come out of this, but it is for their own good so they my creation can see what they are made of, all of this evil is for them :silly: