Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Rapture!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

The Rapture!

Post by Ironman »

1 Thess. 5:15, For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent7 them which are asleep.
16, For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17, Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18, Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Verse 16 and 17, teach that Jesus will descend with a shout, the voice of an arch angel, with the trump of God, and we will be transported in some way to meet Him in the air / clouds!

So, I'm assuming everyone on Earth will know at least that something is happening, because of the Shout of Jesus, the voice of an archangel and the Trump of God!?

Will others, all of the people, those being left behind see this happening, will they see people rising into the clouds? And afterwards, When people realise many people are no longer in their homes, arriving at work, after this event, will any realise whats happened??

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: The Rapture!

Post by Justaned »

What those left behind will see, be aware of or know of the event, we don't know. But we can be sure that it will be explained away in the manner that eliminates and action of God or spirituality. That is unless they say it was God purifying the earth of the vengeful and hateful hypocrites that called themselves Christians.

Even if they did see the whole thing and knew what is going on it would be a similar situation to what Jesus described in the parable found in Luke 16:19-31
Luke 16:29-31 (NKJV)
29 Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.'
30 And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.'
31 But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.' "

If they haven't be convinced by 2000+ years of testimony from Christians then an event that occurs in a winkling of an eye will not convince them. Faith is what brings us to Christ and faith is what holds us. If we are seeking proof then we are our faith is lacking.

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

Justaned wrote:What those left behind will see, be aware of or know of the event, we don't know. But we can be sure that it will be explained away in the manner that eliminates and action of God or spirituality. That is unless they say it was God purifying the earth of the vengeful and hateful hypocrites that called themselves Christians.

Even if they did see the whole thing and knew what is going on it would be a similar situation to what Jesus described in the parable found in Luke 16:19-31
Luke 16:29-31 (NKJV)
29 Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.'
30 And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.'
31 But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.' "

If they haven't be convinced by 2000+ years of testimony from Christians then an event that occurs in a winkling of an eye will not convince them. Faith is what brings us to Christ and faith is what holds us. If we are seeking proof then we are our faith is lacking.
At one time I thought that explaining the disappearance of so many people, much less professing Christians, would raise flags, cause alarms and set off a mass panic of some time. However, in light of the missing airliner Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, I'm not as certain as I used to be.

brodave

Post by brodave »

They will believe anything: 2Thes. 2:11 And for this cause God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie. They failed to believe when they had a chance. That's why it is so dangerous to believe you can always be saved after the rapture. Today is the day of salvation.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

brodave wrote:They will believe anything: 2Thes. 2:11 And for this cause God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie. They failed to believe when they had a chance. That's why it is so dangerous to believe you can always be saved after the rapture. Today is the day of salvation.
Hello brother, you said That's why it is so dangerous to believe you can always be saved after the rapture.
Interesting, were does the bible say no salvation after the catching up "rapture"? Does not Revelations shows multitudes being saved after this incident (Rev 7:9-17). And even some allowed to continue in the millennial kingdom after the judgment seat of Christ who are not even Christian but helped Israel during the tribulation? (Matt 25:31-46) And, don't most of those people during the millennial kingdom rebel and fallow Satan when he is loosed during the thousand year kingdom age at the battle of Gog and Magog? (Rev chapter 20) According to the bible if you take it for what it says that statement is a bit inaccurate +wink

brodave

Post by brodave »

Yes there is salvation after the rapture. Multitudes will be saved . But those who refuse the Grace of God now. There is no promise after the rapture. If they are deceived now what is the chances they will not be deceived after the rapture.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

brodave wrote:Yes there is salvation after the rapture. Multitudes will be saved . But those who refuse the Grace of God now. There is no promise after the rapture. If they are deceived now what is the chances they will not be deceived after the rapture.
:angel:

Ray

Post by Ray »

brodave wrote:Yes there is salvation after the rapture. Multitudes will be saved . But those who refuse the Grace of God now. There is no promise after the rapture. If they are deceived now what is the chances they will not be deceived after the rapture.
brodave & Rocky,
Where in Scripture is it mentioned that ANYONE will be saved AFTER the Church is Raptured ? Surly it is Not Mentioned in (Rev 7:9-17) as you said Rocky. Brodave "There is no promise after the rapture" Because NO ONE WILL BE SAVED AFTER THE RAPTURE.

Rocky, above you wrote "And even some allowed to continue in the millennial kingdom after the judgment seat of Christ who are not even Christian but helped Israel during the tribulation? (Matt 25:31-46)"

Tell me Rocky, is that what Matt 25:31-46 says in your Bible?

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Ray wrote:
brodave & Rocky,
Where in Scripture is it mentioned that ANYONE will be saved AFTER the Church is Raptured ? Surly it is Not Mentioned in (Rev 7:9-17) as you said Rocky. Brodave "There is no promise after the rapture" Because NO ONE WILL BE SAVED AFTER THE RAPTURE.

Rocky, above you wrote "And even some allowed to continue in the millennial kingdom after the judgment seat of Christ who are not even Christian but helped Israel during the tribulation? (Matt 25:31-46)"

Hello brother before we go any further so as not to talk over each other, I need to ask first a few questions so we can continue this discussion. Do you believe in a literal thousand year reign of Christ? Is it allegorical or do you believe we are already in the 1000 years? DO you believe that the "judgment seat of Christ" and the "Great White Throne Judgment" are two separate judgments? I need these questions answer concerning eschatology answered to know where you coming from. I believe from your rhetorical questions that you believe either it to be allegorical or that we are already in the 1000 year reign, And that the judgments are the same. If you believe this then any scripture I give you, you will explain the literal meaning with allegorical interpretations rendering the discussion pointless, and in the end both of us still disagreeing with each other regardless of what scripture or bible verse is shown. How ever if you are genially curious and want to learn, I will answer and will be happy to harmonize the scripture to help you gain understanding of this, and also study dispensationalism and look at theses verse in a DARB if you own one. +wink

Ray

Post by Ray »

Rocky wrote:
Ray wrote:
brodave & Rocky,

Hello brother before we go any further so as not to talk over each other, I need to ask first a few questions so we can continue this discussion. Do you believe in a literal thousand year reign of Christ? Is it allegorical or do you believe we are already in the 1000 years? DO you believe that the "judgment seat of Christ" and the "Great White Throne Judgment" are two separate judgments? I need these questions answer concerning eschatology answered to know where you coming from. I believe from your rhetorical questions that you believe either it to be allegorical or that we are already in the 1000 year reign, And that the judgments are the same. If you believe this then any scripture I give you, you will explain the literal meaning with allegorical interpretations rendering the discussion pointless, and in the end both of us still disagreeing with each other regardless of what scripture or bible verse is shown. How ever if you are genially curious and want to learn, I will answer and will be happy to harmonize the scripture to help you gain understanding of this, and also study dispensationalism and look at theses verse in a DARB if you own one. +wink

Rocky,

You ask, "DO you believe that the "judgment seat of Christ" and the "Great White Throne Judgment" are two separate judgments?"
NO, because NOTHING in The Scriptures presents such. I know you believe they are different.
Please give me ANY SCRIPTURE that will "explain the literal meaning" of the "judgment seat of Christ" and the "Great White Throne Judgment" as being two separate judgments?

About the 1000 year reign Of CHRIST whether I think it's literal or allegorical.
I would like to answer that question with a few questions (as you already know what I believe).

Is CHRIST reigning NOW? Is HE reigning during the 1000 years of Rev 20?

Are mankind being Saved NOW ? Are mankind saved during the 1000 years of Rev 20?

Is there sin in the world NOW ? Is there sin in the world during the 1000 years of Rev 20 ?

Has Salvation went out unto the Gentile Nations (Ethnos) NOW during the Church age as satan has been bound from deceiving the Nations (Gentile nations) as he has all through history leading up to the Church age? Is satan bound from deceiving the nations during the 1000 years of Rev 20?