Dake Bible Discussion BoardAin't It The Truth!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Ain't It The Truth!

Post by titus213 »

After all, who is Apollos? Who is Paul? We are only God’s servants through whom you believed the Good News. Each of us did the work the Lord gave us. I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow. (1 Cor 3.5-7)

To which Dake has this helpful reminder: Regardless of our talents and labors, they will not be fruitful unless God gives the increase by His blessing

Sometimes in our churches I think we see a lot of talented people doing a lot of labor, and perhaps even getting some recognition for their talent and effort. But recognition does not equal fruitfulness. That can only be produced by God.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Ain't It The Truth!

Post by Justaned »

titus213 wrote:After all, who is Apollos? Who is Paul? We are only God’s servants through whom you believed the Good News. Each of us did the work the Lord gave us. I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow. (1 Cor 3.5-7)

To which Dake has this helpful reminder: Regardless of our talents and labors, they will not be fruitful unless God gives the increase by His blessing

Sometimes in our churches I think we see a lot of talented people doing a lot of labor, and perhaps even getting some recognition for their talent and effort. But recognition does not equal fruitfulness. That can only be produced by God.

You are absolutely right about fruitfulness. Many times people's efforts result in little fruitfulness and for many reasons. One they aren't doing them because God told them to but because it was their idea. Another is they aren't doing them to God's glory but rather to their own. And lastly what they do isn't exactly what God told them to do.

The reason many are recognized is so the church will grow physically instead of spiritually.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

titus213 wrote:After all, who is Apollos? Who is Paul? We are only God’s servants through whom you believed the Good News. Each of us did the work the Lord gave us. I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow. (1 Cor 3.5-7)

:angel:

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

Hi!
Here, i think are two good articles on that line of tought. I would apreciate to know what felllow beleivers on here think of it hoping that it is not to long... ( Worth examining and keeping the good out of it? )

http://www.believersbay.com/2012/01/whe ... ead-works/

http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/a ... =article36

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

frenchie wrote:Hi!
Here, i think are two good articles on that line of tought. I would apreciate to know what felllow beleivers on here think of it hoping that it is not to long... ( Worth examining and keeping the good out of it? )

http://www.believersbay.com/2012/01/whe ... ead-works/

http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/a ... =article36
I found both articles as being excellent. When I read the first I thought of Mary and Martha. Martha did good works but wasn't fruitful. Mary on the other hand drew closer to Jesus which is always fruitful.

On the second I like how they defined each dead work type.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

SO NOW
THIS FELLOW CLAIMS TITHING TODAY IS A ......DEAD WORK.AND GOD'S PASTOR'S WHO TEACH IT ARE ELMER GANTRY'S???????????

IF YOU DONT KNOW WHO ELMER GANTRY IS OR NEVER SAW HIM IN ACTION YOU ARE A GREENHORN. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

SEE HOW FOLKS ARE SLICK???? TRYING TO SLIDE IN :vamp: ON US HERE.

TITHING IS A DEAD WORK ?????????????? TO THE LADDIE WHO WROTE THIS POEM NO LESS FOR SOME ...CHURCH.

PEOPLE HERE IN THE WEST ARE GREEDY ENOUGH.THEY DONT NEED TO HEAR THAT.... RUBBISH.

TITHING IS TAUGHT BY REVEREND FINIS JENNINGS DAKE.AND EVERY OTHER PREACHER WORTH THEIR SALT.

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

Hi! Billy.
If you mean in the article that i posted, i think that his point is more that tithing like many other good works can become dead works if done with the wrong motives or the wrong source.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

not at all frenchie.i like you. :angel:

frenchie wrote:Hi! Billy.
If you mean in the article that i posted, i think that his point is more that tithing like many other good works can become dead works if done with the wrong motives or the wrong source.