Dake Bible Discussion BoardAre All Sins Equal in God's Eyes? Billy Graham Sounds Off

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Are All Sins Equal in God's Eyes? Billy Graham Sounds Of

Post by Justaned »

stand wrote:I did not follow all the threads. But I agree with Graham's analogy with the archery and bull eye, however what is the bull eye? I believe the bull eye is the summary of the law as quoted by Jesus our Lord, love God with all your heart and all your soul and all your might and love others as you love yourself. So sin is transgression of the law, any act or thinking which are outside loving God and loving others are sins.
I think when you say law you have to ensure you include both the letter of the law and the intent of the law. Pharisees were very good at keeping the letter of the law, but they perverted the intent of the law. That is why I especially like Dr. Graham's definition, it is all encompassing. +wink

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

stand wrote:I did not follow all the threads. But I agree with Graham's analogy with the archery and bull eye, however what is the bull eye? I believe the bull eye is the summary of the law as quoted by Jesus our Lord, love God with all your heart and all your soul and all your might and love others as you love yourself. So sin is transgression of the law, any act or thinking which are outside loving God and loving others are sins.
Grahams analogy of sin to me seems a bit vague, but that's just me. I made that statement early on in this thread and world war three Happened lol. I made a few people very angry by not agreeing with Grahams definition of what sin is and the only reason why I disagreed with it because it is cliché and to me not biblical, but man did I make a couple of people very angry for not agreeing with Graham :scatter: :mrgreen:

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

one of the words for sin is in greek HAMARTIA it means missing the mark like an archer missing a bullseye.