Dake Bible Discussion BoardPastor taking anti-depressants

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Pastor taking anti-depressants

Post by branham1965 »

REVEREND ANGLEY SAID THAT STUFF WAS :neutral: :neutral:

DOCTORS HOSPITALS MEDICINES NURSES ARE TO DO ALL THEY CAN. AND WHEN THERES NO MORE HOPE TURN TO GOD. AS ORAL ROBERTS HIMSELF SAID. AND I HONOR HIM GREATLY AS WELL. GOD WORKS THROUGH DOCTORS.

AS YOU WROTE IN YOUR BOOK REVEREND DAKE HIMSELF GOT ILL... UNTIL THE CHARIOT TOOK HIM AWAY........ IM NOT DISHONORING HIM. I LOVE AND HONOR HIM. MY POINT IS EVEN HE WAS HUMAN. AND EVEN A GIANT LIKE HE ... COULD GET SICK.

I GET EMOTIONAL ABOUT THIS. MANY I LOVE ARE TERRIBLY ILL AND DISABLED. THAT BOTHERS ME....

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:DID YOU GIVE YOU CHILDREN VACCINATIONS???? DID THEY GET REGULAR CHECKUPS???? IM SURE YOU AND YOUR DEAR WIFE GET CHECKUPS.

IF A LOVED ONE GOT ILL WOULD YOU TAKE THEM TO YOUR FAMILY DOCTOR.....
Hi Billy,

Vaccinations? Yes.

Checkups? Yes.

If a love one got ill and for whatever reason (in that specific case) failures in prayer, faith and confession, and the desired result did not come.... of course we would seek out medical attention.

I have never said that I was against medical attention or the things in nature that help with the healing and ills of man.

But when a person refuses to discipline their mind and practice the prescribed course of action in Scripture - that will CURE the situation... then they are not living in the place that the mature Christian can live by simply practicing the Word of God.

What is wrong with living by the Word of God.... ??? I have found it works quite well.
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Philippians 4: 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:REVEREND ANGLEY SAID THAT STUFF WAS :neutral: :neutral:

DOCTORS HOSPITALS MEDICINES NURSES ARE TO DO ALL THEY CAN. AND WHEN THERES NO MORE HOPE TURN TO GOD. AS ORAL ROBERTS HIMSELF SAID. AND I HONOR HIM GREATLY AS WELL. GOD WORKS THROUGH DOCTORS.

AS YOU WROTE IN YOUR BOOK REVEREND DAKE HIMSELF GOT ILL... UNTIL THE CHARIOT TOOK HIM AWAY........ IM NOT DISHONORING HIM. I LOVE AND HONOR HIM. MY POINT IS EVEN HE WAS HUMAN. AND EVEN A GIANT LIKE HE ... COULD GET SICK.

I GET EMOTIONAL ABOUT THIS. MANY I LOVE ARE TERRIBLY ILL AND DISABLED. THAT BOTHERS ME....
bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:DID YOU GIVE YOU CHILDREN VACCINATIONS???? DID THEY GET REGULAR CHECKUPS???? IM SURE YOU AND YOUR DEAR WIFE GET CHECKUPS.

Hi Billy,

Vaccinations? Yes.

Checkups? Yes.

If a love one got ill and for whatever reason (in that specific case) failures in prayer, faith and confession, and the desired result did not come.... of course we would seek out medical attention.

I have never said that I was against medical attention or the things in nature that help with the healing and ills of man.

But when a person refuses to discipline their mind and practice the prescribed course of action in Scripture - that will CURE the situation... then they are not living in the place that the mature Christian can live by simply practicing the Word of God.

What is wrong with living by the Word of God.... ??? I have found it works quite well.
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Philippians 4: 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Where did Rev. Angley say that we should not depend upon the peace of God in our lives?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

bibleman wrote:

bibleman wrote:

Hi Billy,

Vaccinations? Yes.

Checkups? Yes.

Where did Rev. Angley say that we should not depend upon the peace of God in our lives?
WHEN IT COMES TO REVEREND ANGLEY IM THE EXPERT ON HIM HERE.

BOTH HE AND ORAL ROBERTS ENCOURAGED GOD'S PEOPLE TO GET MEDICAL HELP.ALWAYS.
MEDICINE ALONG WITH PRAYER HEALS THE SICK.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

yes he did.what is that about?????

He teaches prayer and medicine.so did Oral Roberts.
you can try to change it.but its still the way it is.

bibleman wrote:

bibleman wrote:

Hi Billy,

Vaccinations? Yes.

Checkups? Yes.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:yes he did.what is that about?????

bibleman wrote:

bibleman wrote:

Hi Billy,

Vaccinations? Yes.

Checkups? Yes.

Billy in regard to Isaiah 26:3 and Philippians 4:8,9 you said: REVEREND ANGLEY SAID THAT STUFF WAS :neutral: :neutral:

I ask you to support that statement and you have failed to do so.

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:yes he did.what is that about?????

bibleman wrote:

bibleman wrote:

Hi Billy,

Vaccinations? Yes.

Checkups? Yes.

Billy in regard to Isaiah 26:3 and Philippians 4:8,9 you said: REVEREND ANGLEY SAID THAT STUFF WAS :neutral: :neutral:

I ask you to support that statement and you have failed to do so.
both men teach -taught the peace of God for soul,mind and body.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

WHAT DOES REVEREND ANGLEY TEACH ON HEALING?????

ANSWER ME AND ILL TELL YOU IF YOU ARE RIGHT OR WRONG.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I also said the two greatest voice of healing faith healers were oral roberts ..........and william branham.

no question about it he affirmed.

dr.harrell affirmed my proposition.

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

I will not criticize this pastor but I can tell you that when I came close to having a nervous breakdown some years ago it was the very Scriptures that Bibleman cites that sustained me and enabled me to have victory. I never saw a doctor or took medicine. I have a two-part audio teaching titled "The Secret of Peace Revealed" in which I dealt with this issue along with my testimony for those that are interested:

http://www.higherpraisetube.com/audio/T ... d_(Part_1)

Can't seem to get part 2 working on HigherpraiseTube but you can get it from our web page:
http://www.victoriouswordchurch.org/aud ... peace2.MP3

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:WHAT DOES REVEREND ANGLEY TEACH ON HEALING?????

ANSWER ME AND ILL TELL YOU IF YOU ARE RIGHT OR WRONG.
What does that have to do with keeping your mind stayed on the Lord in order to have perfect peace?

God bless
Leon Bible