Dake Bible Discussion BoardNoah and his family are saved, why his sons and their wives?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Noah and his family are saved, why his sons and their wives?

Post by Ironman »

Reading these Scriptures, I have a question, nothing serious.

Gen. 6: 5, And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6, And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7, And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
8, But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

Gen. 6: 8, But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
9, These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
10, And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

Gen. 6: 12, And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

Gen. 6: 17, And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and everything that is in the earth shall die.
18, But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.

I’m wondering. What do you guys think?

Can we believe that Noahs wife, Shem, Ham and Japheth, and also their three wives were not corrupted by the world in any way? And if they were in any way corrupted, or even unbelievers, I read;

1 Cor. 7:14,”For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.”

Scripture teaches that all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth, and only Noah was mentioned as being a just man and perfect in his generations and because of this, finding grace in the eyes of the Lord.

Did God save Noah’s wife, Shem, Ham and Japheth and their wives, (Gen. 6:18) because of Noahs faith?

Ironman the ponderer.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

bibleman
Administrator

Re: Noah and his family are saved, why his sons and their wi

Post by bibleman »

Ironman wrote:Reading these Scriptures, I have a question, nothing serious.

Gen. 6: 5, And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6, And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7, And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

9, These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Gen. 6: 12, And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

Gen. 6: 17, And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and everything that is in the earth shall die.
18, But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.

Can we believe that Noahs wife, Shem, Ham and Japheth, and also their three wives were not corrupted by the world in any way? And if they were in any way corrupted, or even unbelievers, I read;

1 Cor. 7:14,”For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.”

Scripture teaches that all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth, and only Noah was mentioned as being a just man and perfect in his generations and because of this, finding grace in the eyes of the Lord.

Did God save Noah’s wife, Shem, Ham and Japheth and their wives, (Gen. 6:18) because of Noahs faith?

Ironman the ponderer.
Hi Ironman,

Noah and his sons (along with their wives) where saved because they were the only "pure Adamite stock" left.

Genesis 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
b [perfect] Hebrew: tamiym (HSN-<H8535>), bodily perfection, not moral; without blemish; pure stock. It is used 46 times of sacrificial animals, which had to be pure and perfect stock. It means that Noah and his family were the only pure Adamites left. All other men were a mixture of angels and men, or giant stock (Gen. 6:11-12). Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 6".
The Devil had attempted to destroy the seed of the woman through which the Savior would come. All flesh had become corrupted on earth except for that of Noah and his family.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

bibleman wrote:
Ironman wrote:Reading these Scriptures, I have a question, nothing serious.

Ironman the ponderer.
Hi Ironman,

Noah and his sons (along with their wives) where saved because they were the only "pure Adamite stock" left.

Genesis 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
b [perfect] Hebrew: tamiym (HSN-<H8535>), bodily perfection, not moral; without blemish; pure stock. It is used 46 times of sacrificial animals, which had to be pure and perfect stock. It means that Noah and his family were the only pure Adamites left. All other men were a mixture of angels and men, or giant stock (Gen. 6:11-12). Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 6".
The Devil had attempted to destroy the seed of the woman through which the Savior would come. All flesh had become corrupted on earth except for that of Noah and his family.
Thank's Leon! I'm recharged, God is Great!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

In his note on Genesis 7:1 Dake seems to imply that not only Noah, but his whole house was righteous.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

And care to estimate how many people died in the flood?

"experts" tells us that when Cain married that there MAY have been over 100,000 people alive. If we carry that forward to Noah's time the numbers could have been in the millions. In fact if you look on the internet some place the number up into the billions.

When the prophet Elijah thought he was the only one that hadn't bowed to Baal God told him that God had reserved 7000 that hadn't bowed to Baal.

Hard to imagine only 8 people remained pure out of that number.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

I think God saved Noah's family for much the same reason he picked Abraham's family to be the beginning of His chosen people. And I don't think we know the entirety of God's mind on the matter.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Mercy killing??? Euthanasia??? sometimes you shock me Ed! :shocked!: :shocked!:

macca

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I agree Macca, What Ed said sounds a little insane.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

macca wrote:Mercy killing??? Euthanasia??? sometimes you shock me Ed! :shocked!: :shocked!:

macca
Macca
No I'm not justifing Mercy killing or Euthanasia, sometimes I wonder how people's mind works.

The fact is God said all human life was going to die except Noah and his family.

The children died in Noah's Flood so get over it. They died because God said he will going to destroy human life.

Bibleman said the children had to die because they were all children of giants. He said he thought that through. +goofy

Since Scripture never says as much, so it is just as likely God allowed the children to die because their parents would be dead and there was no way they would survive. If you are going to destroy all life on the world it makes no sense to allow the children live through the flood only to died because they could not fend for themselves.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
macca wrote:Mercy killing??? Euthanasia??? sometimes you shock me Ed! :shocked!: :shocked!:

macca
Macca
No I'm not justifing Mercy killing or Euthanasia, sometimes I wonder how people's mind works.

The fact is God said all human life was going to die except Noah and his family.

The children died in Noah's Flood so get over it. They died because God said he will going to destroy human life.

Bibleman said the children had to die because they were all children of giants. He said he thought that through. +goofy

Since Scripture never says as much, so it is just as likely God allowed the children to die because their parents would be dead and there was no way they would survive. If you are going to destroy all life on the world it makes no sense to allow the children live through the flood only to died because they could not fend for themselves.
Let's set the record straight Ed,
The Purpose of Satan in Producing Giants:

It was the purpose of Satan and his fallen angels to corrupt the human race and thereby do away with pure Adamite stock through whom the Seed of the woman should come. This would avert their own doom and make it possible for Satan and his kingdom to keep control of the earth indefinitely. It was said to Adam and Eve that the Seed of the woman would defeat Satan and restore man's dominion (Gen. 3:15). The only way for Satan to avoid this predicted defeat was to corrupt the pure Adamite line so that the coming of the Seed of the woman into the world would be made impossible. This he tried to accomplish by sending fallen angels to marry the daughters of men (Gen. 6:1-4), thus producing the giant nations through them.

Satan almost succeeded in his plan during the first episode, for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth; of all the multitudes Noah and his sons were the only pure Adamites left to be preserved by the ark (Gen. 6:8-13; 1Pet. 3:19-20). The main object of the flood was to do away with this Satanic corruption, destroy the giants, and preserve the pure Adamite line, thus guaranteeing of the coming of the Seed of the woman, as God planned.

Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 6".

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note