Dake Bible Discussion BoardNoah and his family are saved, why his sons and their wives?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Noah and his family are saved, why his sons and their wi

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Leon wrote:So once again you disagree with Dake.... right?
Of course he does. Ed has a version of God that does not line up with the bible, a cold murderous god who kills innocent children. And will never understand Gods plan for man as a whole. Ed does not know how to harmonize scripture this is evident in his comment here:
Ed: I know the bible references are in scripture but where is this story knitted together in scripture
And also his cold statement to macca:
Ed: The children died in Noah's Flood so get over it.
Ed as admitted the references are there but clearly he has not even studied this out or he would agree with Dake on this. Ed is unable to see the big picture here, if he would only allow people to help him with this he would see it.. And no Ed I am not attacking you as a person, just your understanding of this..

Rocky
I admitted the references existed but they did not say or imply what Dake said they do.
I can't agree to anyone that says God does not own, rule and control this world. As the scriptures I post clearly show God does own, rule and controls the world.
Matthew 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
What is Matthew 16:19 saying. First of all God has keys or he could not give them. And what are the keys the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Who did he give them to? You or me or to Peter? And what does it mean to be bound? Does it mean we can bind Satan? If so let's bind Satan right now and stop talking about him. Of course it doesn't mean that. It means what the church calls wrong here on earth will also be considered wrong in heaven. Whatever the church okays here on earth will be okayed in heaven. Of course as Protestants we don't believe that do we.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Of course he does. Ed has a version of God that does not line up with the bible, a cold murderous god who kills innocent children. And will never understand Gods plan for man as a whole. Ed does not know how to harmonize scripture this is evident in his comment here:
Ed: I know the bible references are in scripture but where is this story knitted together in scripture
Ed as admitted the references are there but clearly he has not even studied this out or he would agree with Dake on this. Ed is unable to see the big picture here, if he would only allow people to help him with this he would see it.. And no Ed I am not attacking you as a person, just your understanding of this..

Rocky
I admitted the references existed but they did not say or imply what Dake said they do.
I can't agree to anyone that says God does not own, rule and control this world. As the scriptures I post clearly show God does own, rule and controls the world.
Matthew 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
What is Matthew 16:19 saying. First of all God has keys or he could not give them. And what are the keys the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Who did he give them to? You or me or to Peter? And what does it mean to be bound? Does it mean we can bind Satan? If so let's bind Satan right now and stop talking about him. Of course it doesn't mean that. It means what the church calls wrong here on earth will also be considered wrong in heaven. Whatever the church okays here on earth will be okayed in heaven. Of course as Protestants we don't believe that do we.

Ed,

Do you disagree with Dake on this as well?
a [thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven] Not to Peter only, for the same power is promised all believers (Mt. 17:20; 18:18; 21:22; Mk. 9:23; 11:22-24; 16:15-20; Lk. 10:19; Jn. 14:12-15; 15:7,16; Acts 1:4-8; 2:38-39; 5:32; 1Cor. 12). Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 16".

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Rocky
God Controls the world?

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Rocky
God Controls the world?
Who else do you think is wise enough, smart enough and loving enough to put up with us?

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Rocky
God Controls the world?
Who else do you think is wise enough, smart enough and loving enough to put up with us?

I am not so sure that God controls the world or else He would be responsible for the Evil that is in it as well. And I know this is not the case..

Oh and I want to say I am sorry for this comment I made in one of my replies.
Of course he does. Ed has a version of God that does not line up with the bible, a cold murderous god who kills innocent children. And will never understand Gods plan for man as a whole.
The way that I said this was not right. I was being the poopy pants here :mrgreen:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

"What is Matthew 16:19 saying. First of all God has keys or he could not give them. And what are the keys the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Who did he give them to? You or me or to Peter? And what does it mean to be bound? Does it mean we can bind Satan? If so let's bind Satan right now and stop talking about him. Of course it doesn't mean that. It means what the church calls wrong here on earth will also be considered wrong in heaven. Whatever the church okays here on earth will be okayed in heaven. Of course as Protestants we don't believe that do we."

The catholic church uses this scripture to authorise them to change anything they want to change in the Bible. And the Pope's 'infallibility hinges on it too.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

Who makes up "the world"? People who, to a large extent, are in rebellion against God.

Paul explained that "the world" obeys the devil, who is the spirit ruler at work in the hearts of those who disobey God (Eph 2.1-3).
In chapter 5 of his first letter, John explained that the believer is in a battle against the world, which would be pretty senseless if God were actually in control of it to begin with. He contrasts those who are "of God" and thus cannot be touched by the evil one, with the rest of the "whole world" which he says is under the sway of the evil one.

The New Testament portrayal of the current world is hardly one where God is in control of all people and/or events. It is a battleground until the Day when Jesus returns as King of kings and Lord of lords, and the "ruler of this world" (as Jesus called him) is finally conquered.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

As for the "keys of the kingdom of heaven" . . . there are certain aspects of Christ's authority which he can and does delegate to his servants, to exercise in his name. Thus we have authority to assure people that their sins are forgiven through faith in Jesus. Peter used his "keys" to open a door of faith to the Jews on the Day of Pentecost, and later to the Gentiles at the house of Cornelius. He used the "keys" again and in a different way when he acted as he did in the matter of Ananias and Sapphira. Paul also used the "keys" in a similar disciplinary way in the case of one or more offenders at Corinth (1 Cor 5.3-5; 2 Cor 5.2-11). Again, Paul exercised his delegated authority to remit and retain when he announced forgiveness of sins to believers at Antioch, but warned those who repudiated his message and judged themselves unworthy of eternal life (Acts 13.38ff).
In Acts 15 there's an example of an entire church, leaders and people, exercising the "keys" by issuing their decision involving permitting and forbidding certain practices.

So the keys have nothing to do with the authority of any institution (whether Rome or others) or any one individual alone (whether Peter, the Pope, or anyone else). And they certainly cannot be used in such a way that they undo the authority of the Word given by the owner of the keys!

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

I finally found it. This photo is of a bell found in a seam of coal hundreds of feet below the earths surface, and beneath a layer of hard rock.

There is no way Noahs flood could have caused this to happen. Coal is formed by the burial, compression and great heat of vast deposits of vegetation, taking millions of years to convert. Now think about that Ed? How could a brass bell end up in coal allegedly formed only a few thousands of years ago? The bell is a depiction of some angelic being.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?