Dake Bible Discussion Boardfrom one prophet to another

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: from one prophet to another

Post by Justaned »

victoryword wrote:
Justaned wrote:The woman prophesied that the man was a Godly man and heaped many spiritual accolades atop him. Then when he said the whole thing was in error she quickly turned and called him a demon.
Therefore her prophecy was false and he was in fact in pointing it out. The fact she called him a demon is like Satan calling a person a demon. He won't to it because a house divided will soon fall.

I would say any that returned to sit under her prophecy was as deceived as she was.

Now I don't know the man's heart and while the prophecy was definitely false his motives may have been wrong. However while we don't know about him we do know about her and she is a false prophet. Any thing she said beyond that point should be discounted as falsehoods too.
But if she called him a godly man and he said that the whole thing is false then that means he is not a godly man. They both should be repenting. :mrgreen:

Knowing you as I do I can understand how you think that. :mrgreen:

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

Justaned wrote:
victoryword wrote:
Justaned wrote:The woman prophesied that the man was a Godly man and heaped many spiritual accolades atop him. Then when he said the whole thing was in error she quickly turned and called him a demon.
Therefore her prophecy was false and he was in fact in pointing it out. The fact she called him a demon is like Satan calling a person a demon. He won't to it because a house divided will soon fall.

I would say any that returned to sit under her prophecy was as deceived as she was.

Now I don't know the man's heart and while the prophecy was definitely false his motives may have been wrong. However while we don't know about him we do know about her and she is a false prophet. Any thing she said beyond that point should be discounted as falsehoods too.
But if she called him a godly man and he said that the whole thing is false then that means he is not a godly man. They both should be repenting. :mrgreen:

Knowing you as I do I can understand how you think that. :mrgreen:
Ouch :silly:

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Gordon Lindsay said after he began working with a certain Minister he saw things he never saw in his life.

In one meeting a few louts thought they would sneak into the line and play a trick on the Preacher.

The Lord told His servant where they were and the details of their antics.One man fell on his face and prayed for Mercy.

In another instance some were in the meeting to cause trouble.God moved and Brother Branham saw a light go from the platform up into the balcony and it hung over the men.God's Angel told him these men were not federal agents but were backslidden Preachers...and he called them up to the platform for an Elijah showdown.

If he was a fake they could come up and nothing would happen...but if he was a Prophet of God and they come up to the platform and God would smite them......

they ran out of the place like the gutless cowards they were.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Well I would say both are probably in the wrong. I believ the guy was most likely a Calvinist or maybe a Paul Washer MacAtherite, just going by how he worded what he said and how he said it. Like I said the host of wretched is a Calvinist so I would bet the guy in the video who rebuked the women is one as well.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:Well I would say both are probably in the wrong. I believ the guy was most likely a Calvinist or maybe a Paul Washer MacAtherite, just going by how he worded what he said and how he said it. Like I said the host of wretched is a Calvinist so I would bet the guy in the video who rebuked the women is one as well.

If we don't go on suspicion or any other factor than just what we see, the false prophet is the woman.
We see her heap spiritual accolades on this man and clearly state he is man of God under the guise of speaking for God.
Acts 16:16-18 (ESV)
16 As we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her owners much gain by fortune-telling.
17 She followed Paul and us, crying out, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation.”
18 And this she kept doing for many days. Paul, having become greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And it came out that very hour.

When he speaks out against her, she immediately changes and calls him a demon.
Matthew 12:24-27 (NKJV)
24 Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, "This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons."
25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand.
26 If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand?
27 And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges.

The man correctly identified her as a false teacher and she reacted calling the man a demon. The the sons of Satan the Pharisees called Jesus a demon, he said in effect they can't be telling the truth because if they were they would be dividing the house and it can stand.

So the man being a man of God correctly called her out, using her own testimony that he was a man of God as if speaking for God. And when he did she reacted by trying to point to him as the false prophet when in fact she had already been identified.

As I said any that would sit under this woman is in spiritual danger and she should never find a place to teach in front of Christian ever again.