Dake Bible Discussion BoardFake Baptisms to get the ball rolling!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Fake Baptisms to get the ball rolling!

Post by branham1965 »

NO REVED
i respect you and hope we will always be friends.
i apologise for my doctrinal pontifications.
i cant begin to tell you how cursed life is here in my...family.

Justaned wrote:Billy
I never said Finney wasn't used of God. In fact I never said any that you mentioned were not used of God. If God can use a * he certainly can use man.
What I said about Finney was he held Presbyterian credentials and Presbyterians are definitely Calvinistic.
What I said about Graham was that in the crusade I was involved in, there were thousands of volunteers that went down to altar to pray with people. That resulted in over half the people coming forward were in fact already saved people that were told to respond to the altar call.
I don't think I ever mentioned Parsley or Hagin. So I am not sure why you are going off.

And I won't apologize for appreciating MacArthur's wisdom on Bible study, Sermon preparation, church leadership, disciple making, exegesis, historical information and many other interesting points he makes in his books. That does not mean I support his Calvinism, his cessationalism, or fact he contributes Word of Faith falsehoods and abuses to the general Pentecostal/Charismatic community. If that alienates you and you want to terminate our friendship so be it but understand I still consider you a dear brother in the Lord.
Justaned

branham1965 wrote:I know for a fact that Billy Graham ,Ernest Angley's,Rod Parsley's ,Kenneth Hagin's, and others are valid God honoring Ministries.

My family has been very blessed by all of them.

The idea is to get everyone to doubt the Anointing and moves of God in all Ministries

except....... the Calvinistic ones that a certain person or persons might approve of. :-|

btw the Sword of the Lord and other Baptists are not hyper calvinists.

And Ed... Charles Finney was called and used of God no matter what you and your unbelieving Calvinist chums say about him.
i dont fall for it Ed.
i dont care who does.you openly brazenly accept that garbage book Macarthur is selling and yet purport yourself to be Pentecostal???? what rubbish!!!!

i dont buy that tune for a minute.

+mad4 +mad3 +mad2

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i treasure friendship.and we have been friends for many years.

all apologies.
I never said Finney wasn't used of God. In fact I never said any that you mentioned were not used of God. If God can use a * he certainly can use man.
What I said about Finney was he held Presbyterian credentials and Presbyterians are definitely Calvinistic.
What I said about Graham was that in the crusade I was involved in, there were thousands of volunteers that went down to altar to pray with people. That resulted in over half the people coming forward were in fact already saved people that were told to respond to the altar call.
I don't think I ever mentioned Parsley or Hagin. So I am not sure why you are going off.

And I won't apologize for appreciating MacArthur's wisdom on Bible study, Sermon preparation, church leadership, disciple making, exegesis, historical information and many other interesting points he makes in his books. That does not mean I support his Calvinism, his cessationalism, or fact he contributes Word of Faith falsehoods and abuses to the general Pentecostal/Charismatic community. If that alienates you and you want to terminate our friendship so be it but understand I still consider you a dear brother in the Lord.
Justaned

branham1965 wrote:I know for a fact that Billy Graham ,Ernest Angley's,Rod Parsley's ,Kenneth Hagin's, and others are valid God honoring Ministries.

The idea is to get everyone to doubt the Anointing and moves of God in all Ministries

except....... the Calvinistic ones that a certain person or persons might approve of. :-|

And Ed... Charles Finney was called and used of God no matter what you and your unbelieving Calvinist chums say about him.
i dont fall for it Ed.
i dont care who does.you openly brazenly accept that garbage book Macarthur is selling and yet purport yourself to be Pentecostal???? what rubbish!!!!

+mad4 +mad3 +mad2

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Billy
The apology was not called for but since you offered it I accept it not as an apology but as one friend to another saying our friendship is getting stronger each day. Blessings to you my brother in Christ.

branham1965 wrote:i treasure friendship.and we have been friends for many years.

all apologies.

Justaned

i dont fall for it Ed.

+mad4 +mad3 +mad2

cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Post by cpbeller »

Ed:
"Although it is not very gracious and I pray God's mercy on me for saying it and on you for bringing me to the point where I had to say it but Rocky you need to hear this.
In all honesty Rocky I don't believe you could recognized damnable theology. In fact I doubt you fully understand the more subtle points of Word of Faith let alone theology you say you don't agree with. I have found you have a Protestant view of Catholicism based on heresy and what you think you remember. Your view of Baptist is without any merit, I don't think you understand holiness enough to be Pentecostal and you sure don't know much about Calvinism.

You have your likes and your dislikes but you can neither defend or articulate either so you usually resort to wide eyed knee jerk comments or launch into personal attacks.

I feel very secure in my appreciation of MacArthur just by the fact you don't like him. That one factor alone makes me more sure his teaching on many subjects is valid.

Now if you want to discuss any theological point in a rational and adult manner with no name calling, too cure for prime time funnies or comments that totally convince me your elevator goes to the top but the doors don't open, let me know. Until then color me happy for associating myself with people you don't like."
So, does this mean that you are no longer saved, since you sinned wilingly, even asking for God's mercy before you even typed it (attacking another Christian brother)? You posting this was not something done in a "flash of anger" or whatever excuse you have used in the past to sin...this was more like...premeditated, even asking God to have mercy on you BEFORE you typed it out.

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

cpbeller wrote:Ed:
"Although it is not very gracious and I pray God's mercy on me for saying it and on you for bringing me to the point where I had to say it but Rocky you need to hear this.
In all honesty Rocky I don't believe you could recognized damnable theology. In fact I doubt you fully understand the more subtle points of Word of Faith let alone theology you say you don't agree with. I have found you have a Protestant view of Catholicism based on heresy and what you think you remember. Your view of Baptist is without any merit, I don't think you understand holiness enough to be Pentecostal and you sure don't know much about Calvinism.

You have your likes and your dislikes but you can neither defend or articulate either so you usually resort to wide eyed knee jerk comments or launch into personal attacks.

I feel very secure in my appreciation of MacArthur just by the fact you don't like him. That one factor alone makes me more sure his teaching on many subjects is valid.

Now if you want to discuss any theological point in a rational and adult manner with no name calling, too cure for prime time funnies or comments that totally convince me your elevator goes to the top but the doors don't open, let me know. Until then color me happy for associating myself with people you don't like."
So, does this mean that you are no longer saved, since you sinned wilingly, even asking for God's mercy before you even typed it (attacking another Christian brother)? You posting this was not something done in a "flash of anger" or whatever excuse you have used in the past to sin...this was more like...premeditated, even asking God to have mercy on you BEFORE you typed it out.
Yeah his reply is not even worth me responding to it. All of that from a retired Pastor. Ed is a wolf on here and then attacked me on every point and belittled me because I don't agree with his his theology. I will say it was discouraging to read to have someone talk down to you in that way. But oh well people are going to be that way on forums.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Here is what you get from Ed when you let him know you don't agree with MacArthur''
Although it is not very gracious and I pray God's mercy on me for saying it and on you for bringing me to the point where I had to say it but Rocky you need to hear this.
In all honesty Rocky I don't believe you could recognized damnable theology. In fact I doubt you fully understand the more subtle points of Word of Faith let alone theology you say you don't agree with.
I have found you have a Protestant view of Catholicism based on heresy and what you think you remember. Your view of Baptist is without any merit,
I don't think you understand holiness enough to be Pentecostal and you sure don't know much about Calvinism.
convince me your elevator goes to the top but the doors don't open, let me know Until then color me happy for associating myself with people you don't like
Last edited by Rocky on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Post by cpbeller »

Yep.

And if someone posted that to him, he would have worn his keyboard out crying the victim and posting that stupid quote comparing Christians to godless mark and engels.

Like I said...I wonder if since he posted that, even admitting he shouldn't have, asking God for mercy before he finished the post...does his understanding of Hebrews apply to him? There is no way that he can claim that it was in a flash of anger. He posted the attack while asking God for mercy. According to his own theology, there is no more hope for him.

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I think what Ed was trying to do is insult my intelligence and what ever else he can think of to try to discredit my views on his beloved MacArthur. He does this to everyone. It bothers me that Ed is so quick to judge others and then tries to ridicule someone who disagrees with him. Ed shows no Christian fruit on here what so ever. So I don't like MacArthur is that so wrong? I believe catholicism is in error is that so wrong? I disagree with Calvinism and lordship salvation is that wrong? Ed is very offended that I disagree with him on these topics.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Ed going to show how to properly debate and discuss topic and subjects.
Although it is not very gracious and I pray God's mercy on me for saying it and on you for bringing me to the point where I had to say it but Rocky you need to hear this.
Ok
In all honesty Rocky I don't believe you could recognized damnable theology. In fact I doubt you fully understand the more subtle points of Word of Faith let alone theology you say you don't agree with.
I have found you have a Protestant view of Catholicism based on heresy and what you think you remember. Your view of Baptist is without any merit, I don't think you understand holiness enough to be Pentecostal
Ed can you be more specific and show me what I am wrong about? Or what knowledge or understanding I am lacking?
and you sure don't know much about Calvinism
Hmm, Ok without a getting in to the origins of this theoligy, which I am sure we all know, here you go Ed..
Basically, Calvinism is known by an acronym: T.U.L.I.P.
Total Depravity (also known as Total Inability and Original Sin)
Humanity is stained by sin in every aspect: heart, emotions, will, mind and body. This means people cannot independently choose God. God must intervene to save people.

Unconditional Election
God chooses who will be saved. Those people are called the Elect. God picks them based not on their personal character or seeing into the future, but out of his kindness and sovereign will.

Limited Atonement (also known as Particular Atonement)
Jesus Christ died only for the sins of the Elect, according to John Calvin. Support for this belief comes from verses that say Jesus died for "many," such as Matthew 20:28 and Hebrews 9:28.
Those who teach "Four Point Calvinism" believe Christ died not for just the Elect but for the entire world. They cite these verses, among others

Irresistible Grace
God brings his Elect to salvation through an internal call, which they are powerless to resist. The Holy Spirit supplies grace to them until they repent and are born again.

Perseverance of the Saints (also known as Once Saved Always Saved)
The Elect cannot lose their salvation, Calvin said. Because salvation is the work of God the Father; Jesus Christ, the Savior; and the Holy Spirit, it cannot be thwarted.

Now was you wanting specifics are just making a personal attack?
Psst Ed, thats just what you are doing here.
This is an invalid point
Now if you want to discuss any theological point in a rational and adult manner with no name calling, too cure for prime time funnies or comments that totally convince me your elevator goes to the top but the doors don't open, let me know. Until then color me happy for associating myself with people you don't like.
Again this an invalid argument.
Ed this is a very poor way to make points so maybe you could actually address things that I say rather than use underhanded tactics to make your points. This is fallacious Ad hominem reasoning and rhetorical type of discussion tactics and does not help either of us . Now can we be more Christian about this next and actually address specific points?, or else I will just resort to gifs and Knee jerk irrational and non adult behavior? Because my elevator may be broken and it never went to the top anyway you know how us Goths are.. :mrgreen:

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

cpbeller wrote:Ed:

Ah the scent of blood is in the air and the hyenas come rushing out. Chris review your past years activity on this forum. I don't think you contributed anything positive to any thread on any subject on this forum. But let me or someone say something that you think you can twist to your advantage and you are all there. I didn't attack Rocky I simply turned the table on him and gave him some of his own medicine. And I am not attacking you I defending myself from your attack.

Editted you did recently post a positive He is my King thread. I think that was the only one. Perhaps not.