Dake Bible Discussion BoardArmies in Heaven!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Armies in Heaven!

Post by Ironman »

Rev. 12:7, "And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,"

Rev19:14, "And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean."

Armies in Heaven!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Armies in Heaven!

Post by Ironman »

Many people argue, God can do anything He wants. I reply, no, there are some things He cannot do! They call me an unbeliever in an Almighty God. They say my God is a weak God. If their god can do anything he likes then he is lying to them and he is not God. My God cannot sin, my God is not a respecter of persons, etc.

So my question is, why does an almighty God need armies?

Why didn't God destroy Lucifer, kill him off completely after he tried to dethrone God rather than cast him like lightning back to the Earth and then destroy the Earth? Why didn't God completely destroy Lucifer as well? Was it because Lucifer was an eternal created being which can not be destroyed, even by God Himself? If not, then here is another thing God cannot do!

Why does God need to fight His enemies using an army when He could just say the word and they could be vaporised into nothingness.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Ironman wrote:Many people argue, God can do anything He wants. I reply, no, there are some things He cannot do! They call me an unbeliever in an Almighty God. They say my God is a weak God. If their god can do anything he likes then he is lying to them and he is not God. My God cannot sin, my God is not a respecter of persons, etc.

Why didn't God destroy Lucifer, kill him off completely after he tried to dethrone God rather than cast him like lightning back to the Earth and then destroy the Earth? Why didn't God completely destroy Lucifer as well? Was it because Lucifer was an eternal created being which can not be destroyed, even by God Himself? If not, then here is another thing God cannot do!

Why does God need to fight His enemies using an army when He could just say the word and they could be vaporised into nothingness.
This is really some great points bro.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Ironman wrote:Many people argue, God can do anything He wants. I reply, no, there are some things He cannot do! They call me an unbeliever in an Almighty God. They say my God is a weak God. If their god can do anything he likes then he is lying to them and he is not God. My God cannot sin, my God is not a respecter of persons, etc.

Ironman
First be careful throwing around God is not respector of persons. That is taken from context that means God will save anyone but he is a respector of persons. God choose David, Moses, Abraham, and God choose the 12 apostles. So God does have favorites, special people and even some that fail him Judas.

As for not killing off Satan we do not know the answer. But we know Satan must report to God. That Satan must answer God when spoken too, and that God will put him in Lake of Fire. But why God does not do this now NO MAN can answer since God did not reveal it. But since Satan is a created being God can destroy him at his choosing. God can do all things.
God may limit Himself but even then God being God can accomplish impossible.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote: As for not killing off Satan we do not know the answer. But we know Satan must report to God. That Satan must answer God when spoken too, and that God will put him in Lake of Fire. But why God does not do this now NO MAN can answer since God did not reveal it. But since Satan is a created being God can destroy him at his choosing. God can do all things.
Hello Ed, yes this can be answered and has been revealed if one takes the bible as a whole. The free will must be tested because God has chosen at times to limit himself on his foreknowledge of mans actions. And has chosen at times to find out what someone is going to do as we do. Satan is allowed to do what he does for this purpose. We see this in the garden, The free will had to be tested before God was going to allow man to live forever. Man and angels both are free moral agents, And God has always adhered to His plan of Free moral agency. With this simple understanding, the bible can be understood and so can this be understood as to why Satan is allowed to continue..

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote: As for not killing off Satan we do not know the answer. But we know Satan must report to God. That Satan must answer God when spoken too, and that God will put him in Lake of Fire. But why God does not do this now NO MAN can answer since God did not reveal it. But since Satan is a created being God can destroy him at his choosing. God can do all things.
Hello Ed, yes this can be answered and has been revealed if one takes the bible as a whole. The free will must be tested because God has chosen at times to limit himself on his foreknowledge of mans actions. And has chosen at times to find out what someone is going to do as we do. Satan is allowed to do what he does for this purpose. We see this in the garden, The free will had to be tested before God was going to allow man to live forever. Man and angels both are free moral agents, And God has always adhered to His plan of Free moral agency. With this simple understanding, the bible can be understood and so can this be understood as to why Satan is allowed to continue..
9. God’s purpose in allowing Satan to continue. God has several purposes, as can be seen by the following points:
(1) To develop character and faith in the believer (Jas. 1:12; 1 Pet. 1:7-13; 5:8-9; 2 Pet. 1:4-9; Jude 20-24).
(2) To keep him humble ( 2 Cor. 12:7).
(3) To provide conflict that saints may be rewarded through overcoming (1 Jn. 2:13; 4:1-6; Rev. 2:7, 11, 17, 26-28; 3:5, 12, 21).
(4) To demonstrate the power of God over the power of Satan (Eph. 2:7; 3:10; 1 Cor. 4:9; Mk. 16:17-20).
(5) To use him in afflicting people to bring them to repentance (1 Cor. 5:1-6; 2 Cor. 2:5-11; Job 33:14-30).
(6) To purge man of all possibility of falling in the eternal future (Rev. 21).
Finis J. Dake, Satan and the Spirit World, WORDsearch CROSS e-book, 13-14.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

bibleman wrote:
Rocky wrote:
9. God’s purpose in allowing Satan to continue. God has several purposes, as can be seen by the following points:
(1) To develop character and faith in the believer (Jas. 1:12; 1 Pet. 1:7-13; 5:8-9; 2 Pet. 1:4-9; Jude 20-24).
(2) To keep him humble ( 2 Cor. 12:7).
(3) To provide conflict that saints may be rewarded through overcoming (1 Jn. 2:13; 4:1-6; Rev. 2:7, 11, 17, 26-28; 3:5, 12, 21).
(4) To demonstrate the power of God over the power of Satan (Eph. 2:7; 3:10; 1 Cor. 4:9; Mk. 16:17-20).
(5) To use him in afflicting people to bring them to repentance (1 Cor. 5:1-6; 2 Cor. 2:5-11; Job 33:14-30).
(6) To purge man of all possibility of falling in the eternal future (Rev. 21).
Finis J. Dake, Satan and the Spirit World, WORDsearch CROSS e-book, 13-14.
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Again Scripture never says.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:Again Scripture never says.
Umm I thought Leon just gave scripture :mrgreen: Why do you like being in the dark?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

:angel: :angel:

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note