Dake Bible Discussion BoardNOT DISCERNING THE LORD'S BODY

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

NOT DISCERNING THE LORD'S BODY

Post by branham1965 »

when a person does what Mr.Macarthur and his crew have recently done ie: blaspheme God's People His Servants even entire Moves of God
its very very very grave solemn and dangerous.

he and those like him are not discerning the Lord's Body.The Body of Christ.
this Chapter refers to Holy Communion yes ..........but also secondarily to respecting the Mystical Body of Christ the Church.1 Cor.11
when folks like Macarthur and his dupes think they are the only ones who are saved...they are out of fellowship with the Church and with God.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: NOT DISCERNING THE LORD'S BODY

Post by branham1965 »

Gordon Lindsay himself expounded on this in his book One Body One Spirit One Lord.

and i have heard Dad Hagin talk about it.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

This may upset Billy but 1 Corinthians 11 is not talking about calling our false teaching, it is about taking communion in a wrong manner. It clearly states this
1 Corinthians 11:27-34 (NKJV)
27 Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup.
29 For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
30 For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep.
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged.
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.
33 Therefore, my brethren, when you come together to eat, wait for one another.
34 But if anyone is hungry, let him eat at home, lest you come together for judgment. And the rest I will set in order when I come.
1 Corinthians 11:23-34 (NLT)
23 For I pass on to you what I received from the Lord himself. On the night when he was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread
24 and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and said, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this to remember me.”
25 In the same way, he took the cup of wine after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood. Do this to remember me as often as you drink it.”
26 For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are announcing the Lord’s death until he comes again.
27 So anyone who eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord unworthily is guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord.
28 That is why you should examine yourself before eating the bread and drinking the cup.
29 For if you eat the bread or drink the cup without honoring the body of Christ, you are eating and drinking God’s judgment upon yourself.
30 That is why many of you are weak and sick and some have even died.
31 But if we would examine ourselves, we would not be judged by God in this way.
32 Yet when we are judged by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be condemned along with the world.
33 So, my dear brothers and sisters, when you gather for the Lord’s Supper, wait for each other.
34 If you are really hungry, eat at home so you won’t bring judgment upon yourselves when you meet together. I’ll give you instructions about the other matters after I arrive.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:This may upset Billy but 1 Corinthians 11 is not talking about calling our false teaching, it is about taking communion in a wrong manner. It clearly states this
27 Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup.
29 For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.
34 But if anyone is hungry, let him eat at home, lest you come together for judgment. And the rest I will set in order when I come.
23 For I pass on to you what I received from the Lord himself. On the night when he was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread
24 and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and said, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this to remember me.”
25 In the same way, he took the cup of wine after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood. Do this to remember me as often as you drink it.”
26 For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are announcing the Lord’s death until he comes again.
27 So anyone who eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord unworthily is guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord.
28 That is why you should examine yourself before eating the bread and drinking the cup.
29 For if you eat the bread or drink the cup without honoring the body of Christ, you are eating and drinking God’s judgment upon yourself.
31 But if we would examine ourselves, we would not be judged by God in this way.
32 Yet when we are judged by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be condemned along with the world.
33 So, my dear brothers and sisters, when you gather for the Lord’s Supper, wait for each other.
34 If you are really hungry, eat at home so you won’t bring judgment upon yourselves when you meet together. I’ll give you instructions about the other matters after I arrive.

Ed,

Why are you jumping on Billy again? :mrgreen:

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

NOT DISCERNING THE LORD'S BODY MEANS HIS BROKEN BODY AND SHED BLOOD...YES...I SAID THAT.WAS IT READ????

BUT A SECONDARY APPLICATION CAN PERHAPS BE NOT RECOGNIZING OTHERS MEMBERS OF THE BODY OF CHRIST.

OUR LEADERS TRIED TO TALK WITH OLD DIOTROPHES MACARTHUR.
HE ...HE REFUSED.

AS I SAID I READ THIS FROM GORDON LINDSAY 30 YEARS AGO...,DAD HAGIN TALKED ABOUT IT TOO.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thanks for looking out for me Pastor.... :turn-l:

REVED i love you brother... :flasingsmile:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:This may upset Billy but 1 Corinthians 11 is not talking about calling our false teaching, it is about taking communion in a wrong manner. It clearly states this

Ed,

Why are you jumping on Billy again? :mrgreen:

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

branham1965 wrote:NOT DISCERNING THE LORD'S BODY MEANS HIS BROKEN BODY AND SHED BLOOD...YES...I SAID THAT.WAS IT READ????

BUT A SECONDARY APPLICATION CAN PERHAPS BE NOT RECOGNIZING OTHERS MEMBERS OF THE BODY OF CHRIST.

OUR LEADERS TRIED TO TALK WITH OLD DIOTROPHES MACARTHUR.
HE ...HE REFUSED.

AS I SAID I READ THIS FROM GORDON LINDSAY 30 YEARS AGO...,DAD HAGIN TALKED ABOUT IT TOO.
There is no indication that there is an intended secondary application.
Most of this teaching is done by preachers that don't want their teaching scrutinized, thus to prevent it they say if you anyone about me.
1. You are touching God's anointed.
2. You are not rightly discerning the body of Christ.

However we do see places where the Apostles called out false teachers by name.
A pastor is to shepherd the his flock, to do that he is to sound the alarm when a wolf comes nearby.

As far as MacArthur refusing to sit down with WOF leaders.
Tell me would you sit down and talk to establish doctrine with Muslims? Probably not right?
Why would you expect MacArthur to sit down and discuss to establish doctrine with a group that supports a distinct but limited teaching that all the rest of Christianity considers heretical? WOF is not Pentecostal in their beliefs they hold to some Pentecostal doctrines but go far beyond them into heresy.

Now before you get mad that is not me saying it but every one of the 3000+ denominations that aren't WOF believe teach and preach against the heretical teachings of the WOF. Assemblies of God have position paper refuting the WOF teachings as does most other denominations.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Ed,
I think you have stated your positions very clearly.

You are clearly on Mr.Macarthur's side.

These Charismatic men are Charismatics.Not Word of Faith leaders.And they tried to talk to him.He refused.

You think the Pentecostal,Latter Rain,Voice of Healing and Charismatic revivals are not from Heaven but from men...or even worse.Like Macarthur teaches.

And you oppose Reverend Dake's teachings.

You wont need to "get on me " :mrgreen: :mrgreen: anymore. +mad2

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

branham1965 wrote:Ed,
I think you have stated your positions very clearly.

You are clearly on Mr.Macarthur's side.

These Charismatic men are Charismatics.Not Word of Faith leaders.And they tried to talk to him.He refused.

You think the Pentecostal,Latter Rain,Voice of Healing and Charismatic revivals are not from Heaven but from men...or even worse.Like Macarthur teaches.

And you oppose Reverend Dake's teachings.

You wont need to "get on me " :mrgreen: :mrgreen: anymore. +mad2
First I don't oppose Dake I oppose the idea he was WOF and was teaching their nonsense. I don't see it anywhere in his works. I see stuff I don't agree with but I don't think any of us totally agree with anyone except Jesus.
I certainly don't oppose Pentecostalism since I am one.
So tell me what men are Charismatic that MacArthur criticized?
I think the Pentecostal and most of the Charismatic teachings is of God.
Name the men MacArthur is criticizing and what he said about each and then let us discuss them one at a time.