Dake Bible Discussion BoardWho is in control?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Who is in control?

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:Here is what scripture says.
1 John 3:9 (NKJV)
9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

Hebrews 10:26 (NKJV)
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

Hebrews 6:4-6 (NKJV)
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit,
5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

To me that is clear. I do not see a teaching on backsliding in the New Testament, nor the doctrine of Backsliding in the New Testament, in fact I don't see the tern mentioned in the New Testament.

So you believe what you want and I will believe what I want. I did what was required of me I pointed out the fact that Jesus must be Lord of our life and when Jesus is Lord we lay down our rights. You don't agree, so be it.
No, I don't agree with MacArthur on this :mrgreen:
Perhaps you should!!!!!!! Since it is clearly scripture.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit,
6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

To me that is clear. I do not see a teaching on backsliding in the New Testament, nor the doctrine of Backsliding in the New Testament, in fact I don't see the tern mentioned in the New Testament.

So you believe what you want and I will believe what I want. I did what was required of me I pointed out the fact that Jesus must be Lord of our life and when Jesus is Lord we lay down our rights. You don't agree, so be it.
Finally you admit were you are getting it from, Now Ed was that so hard? Thank you for admitting you are Lordship salvation, now the thread has finally come full circle

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Finally you admit were you are getting it from, Now Ed was that so hard? Thank you for admitting you are Lordship salvation, now the thread has finally come full circle
I posted scripture no mention of MacArthur
you said you don't believe agree with MacArthur on this. The assumption is he agrees with scripture I posted.
I said you should it is scripture.
Now you claim to have made some great discovery, I never said I believed in MacArthur's Lordship as you call it
I said I believe in the scriptures I posted.
Where you are getting this junk is ...... +goofy +goofy +goofy +goofy

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:

you said you don't believe agree with MacArthur on this. The assumption is he agrees with scripture I posted.
Now you claim to have made some great discovery, I never said I believed in MacArthur's Lordship as you call it
Where you are getting this junk is ...... +goofy +goofy +goofy +goofy
From your posts.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Where you are getting this junk is ...... +goofy
From your posts.
Still no scripture??????? +goofy

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Where you are getting this junk is ...... +goofy
From your posts.
Still no scripture??????? +goofy
Ed look back at all of the threads and post that are about this subject. I all ready gave you scriptures you just explain them away with your Lordship salvation filter.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:[Here is what scripture says.

Ed look back at all of the threads and post that are about this subject. I all ready gave you scriptures you just explain them away with your Lordship salvation filter.
Show me scripture teaching the doctrine of backsliding in the New Testament. That is what I want to see.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I have in countless other threads, you just say you don't believe that is what is means, so it would be useless for me to do it. Because you do not believe in backsliding anyway. If I give you the prodical son you say that isn't what that means if I give you the example of the man in the Corinthian church you say, how do we know it is the same person. If I give you anything else you will say thats old testament. So yeah I think that about sums it up :mrgreen: There I did the discussion for us :silly:

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:I have in countless other threads, you just say you don't believe that is what is means, so it would be useless for me to do it. Because you do not believe in backsliding anyway. If I give you the prodical son you say that isn't what that means if I give you the example of the man in the Corinthian church you say, how do we know it is the same person. If I give you anything else you will say thats old testament. So yeah I think that about sums it up :mrgreen: There I did the discussion for us :silly:

Show me something that doesn't require special interpretation. Show me that scripture that says real Christians backslide and God expect them to so he provided a third born again, a fourth born again, a fifth born again and sixth born again experience for all Christians that refuse to make Jesus their Lord.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:I have in countless other threads, you just say you don't believe that is what is means, so it would be useless for me to do it. Because you do not believe in backsliding anyway. If I give you the prodical son you say that isn't what that means if I give you the example of the man in the Corinthian church you say, how do we know it is the same person. If I give you anything else you will say thats old testament. So yeah I think that about sums it up :mrgreen: There I did the discussion for us :silly:

Show me something that doesn't require special interpretation. Show me that scripture that says real Christians backslide and God expect them to so he provided a third born again, a fourth born again, a fifth born again and sixth born again experience for all Christians that refuse to make Jesus their Lord.