Dake Bible Discussion BoardHalloween

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Rocky

Re: Halloween

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:Rocky
I see not difference in the pictures with the exception that some have demonic symbols in them and some don't. The people all have the same lost look to me.

Sorry but I ain't buying it.

Dressing in black, making your eyes look like a raccoon, having things stuck in your face and looking like you lost your best friend speaks to me of a troubled person.

Rocky I'm sure you are a nice guy and you have a pretty wife but I would not let you near my grand kids until I knew you a lot better. And I would tell my grand kids of they ever dress like you do I would kill them. (I really wouldn't but it would break my heart if they did.)

See this is the kind of Christian ignorance that is damaging to the church. I have tried to educate you and you still have this religious spirit about you, I give up. No matter what some Christian are just that way. I know sinners that bare more fruit then most so call Christians. The bad cowboys always wear black. And Elvis is the devils music lol. Go ahead and judge people but remember you will be judged on how you judge. I have two kids of my own and they are taught the bible and raised in a Christian home. To me you sound like a Pharisee, You dress your religious self all nice and neat, but inside you are full of judgments and hypocrisy .
I WOULD NEVER HURT A KID, LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING RIGHT NOW, I AM A GOOD FATHER, I LOVE KIDS AND KIDS LOVE ME BACK, ONLY ADULTS JUDGE. KIDS DONT, THEY ARE TAUGHT THIS BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU, AND YEAH I AM LITTLE TICKED AT ALL YOUR JUDGMENTS, GO AHEAD REJECT PEOPLE . MAY BE WE ALL CAN BE AS GOOD AS ED SOMEDAY.!!!!!! :-| :-| I am just glad that not all Christian are like you, or I would have never come to the lord. I always see you say to people on here "is that how a Christian should act". Yeah judging people is real Christian Ed.

I'm sorry you feel that way about me.
I really think you are taking a less than realistic position here. You admittedly look different, you would stand out in any crowd short of a crowd of Goth people just as I would stand out in a crowd of Goth people. But the fact remains the majority of the people don't dress as Goth. Therefore you are dressing to be different. There is a reason that drives that desire in you. You know it handicaps you interaction with other Christians but instead of correcting the problem from your end you simply shift the blame to everyone else saying they are Pharisees. That attitude isolates you and Scripture clearly says we are to do nothing that isolates us from other Christian. So once again the problem is not mine it is yours, you own it, you control it.
Yes I do not like to interact with most other Christians, I find them petty, condescending and Judgmental. Not all, but at least maybe 60% or higher especially in my area. . You see I live in an area were there are 5 churches on one block and they all hate each other. I have only been a Christian for 6 your or so. In the six years, I have seen 4 church splits, Christians about coming to blows out in the church parking lots. My experience with churches and what I seen is as bad of what I saw out in the world, may be even worse. When I first got saved I threw away all of my Goth clothes and tried to conform to church culture. But these people didn't act any better then the world. I encountered some of the most hateful critical people I would ever want to meet, not towards me , but towards other people, at that time I looked like them so I was accepted. One time I even had a deacon kick me out of a church because me and a few other people from the worship team were practicing a worship music type song, and he only believed in southern gospel. I have had to drag my family from church to church because of the splits. Or the pastor of a church would wind up in some kind of scandal, like cheating on his wife, or doing shady stuff with the church founds and then that church would split. I was so accepted , after all I looked like them even joined them at times in their hypocrisy of thinking our little church is the only right church and we are so much better then the dirty little sinners that are on the out side?. But something started to change. I saw them look down at people. Hate people, and each other, so I decided I am going to look how I want to look, and I turned my back on the churches in my area, the church culture in general, and some you your replies reminds me of why I did that, and happy that I did. But, I will not turn my back on the lord no matter how much people like you think I should because of the way I look and dress. Also God never told me to quit looking the way I do. I did it to only fit in and to be accepted by a judgmental culture. Now my appearance has a different meaning then when I was an unsaved Goth. I view the world and the church world very dark. So to it manifests in my appearance.
Here, this poem sums it up for me brother

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Rocky wrote;
"Yes I do not like to interact with most other Christians, I find them petty, condescending and Judgmental."

Rocky, I spent / wasted, about ten years in the WWCOG, some time ago. It was a cult, I didn't know it then. We were having a get together after a holy day service when a woman of some reputation as being very special in the local church asked me if I would join her and her family at their table? I apologised and said I had already been invited to another families table! A family who were poor as church mice and could hardly afford to share anything, especially food with strangers!

This hoity toity woman's reply to my gracious apology for not accepting her invitiation was;

"WELL, if you wish to dine with someone 'SPIRITUAL,' the offer remains!

What a dirt bag! I will never forget her as long as I live.

This woman caome to my home some time later, my wife, who was not in the church answered the door. The woman asked to speak to me, my wife invited her in and took her to our lounge room. My wife told her she would let me know she was here.

This woman then added: "If your husband is here and will recieve me, please dont come back with him because what I have to speak to him about is a church matter and as you are not a member it would please me if you stayed out of this!

They wondered why I left there immediately?

God, please protect me from Christians like her!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:Rocky
I see not difference in the pictures with the exception that some have demonic symbols in them and some don't. The people all have the same lost look to me.

Sorry but I ain't buying it.

Dressing in black, making your eyes look like a raccoon, having things stuck in your face and looking like you lost your best friend speaks to me of a troubled person.

Rocky I'm sure you are a nice guy and you have a pretty wife but I would not let you near my grand kids until I knew you a lot better. And I would tell my grand kids of they ever dress like you do I would kill them. (I really wouldn't but it would break my heart if they did.)

See this is the kind of Christian ignorance that is damaging to the church. I have tried to educate you and you still have this religious spirit about you, I give up. No matter what some Christian are just that way. I know sinners that bare more fruit then most so call Christians. The bad cowboys always wear black. And Elvis is the devils music lol. Go ahead and judge people but remember you will be judged on how you judge. I have two kids of my own and they are taught the bible and raised in a Christian home. To me you sound like a Pharisee, You dress your religious self all nice and neat, but inside you are full of judgments and hypocrisy .
I WOULD NEVER HURT A KID, LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING RIGHT NOW, I AM A GOOD FATHER, I LOVE KIDS AND KIDS LOVE ME BACK, ONLY ADULTS JUDGE. KIDS DONT, THEY ARE TAUGHT THIS BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU, AND YEAH I AM LITTLE TICKED AT ALL YOUR JUDGMENTS, GO AHEAD REJECT PEOPLE . MAY BE WE ALL CAN BE AS GOOD AS ED SOMEDAY.!!!!!! :-| :-| I am just glad that not all Christian are like you, or I would have never come to the lord. I always see you say to people on here "is that how a Christian should act". Yeah judging people is real Christian Ed.

I'm sorry you feel that way about me.
I really think you are taking a less than realistic position here. You admittedly look different, you would stand out in any crowd short of a crowd of Goth people just as I would stand out in a crowd of Goth people. But the fact remains the majority of the people don't dress as Goth. Therefore you are dressing to be different. There is a reason that drives that desire in you. You know it handicaps you interaction with other Christians but instead of correcting the problem from your end you simply shift the blame to everyone else saying they are Pharisees. That attitude isolates you and Scripture clearly says we are to do nothing that isolates us from other Christian. So once again the problem is not mine it is yours, you own it, you control it.
Yes I do not like to interact with most other Christians, I find them petty, condescending and Judgmental. Not all, but at least maybe 60% or higher especially in my area. . You see I live in an area were there are 5 churches on one block and they all hate each other. I have only been a Christian for 6 your or so. In the six years, I have seen 4 church splits, Christians about coming to blows out in the church parking lots. My experience with churches and what I seen is as bad of what I saw out in the world, may be even worse. When I first got saved I threw away all of my Goth clothes and tried to conform to church culture. But these people didn't act any better then the world. I encountered some of the most hateful critical people I would ever want to meet, not towards me , but towards other people, at that time I looked like them so I was accepted. One time I even had a deacon kick me out of a church because me and a few other people from the worship team were practicing a worship music type song, and he only believed in southern gospel. I have had to drag my family from church to church because of the splits. Or the pastor of a church would wind up in some kind of scandal, like cheating on his wife, or doing shady stuff with the church founds and then that church would split. I was so accepted , after all I looked like them even joined them at times in their hypocrisy of thinking our little church is the only right church and we are so much better then the dirty little sinners that are on the out side?. But something started to change. I saw them look down at people. Hate people, and each other, so I decided I am going to look how I want to look, and I turned my back on the churches in my area, the church culture in general, and some you your replies reminds me of why I did that, and happy that I did. But, I will not turn my back on the lord no matter how much people like you think I should because of the way I look and dress. Also God never told me to quit looking the way I do. I did it to only fit in and to be accepted by a judgmental culture. Now my appearance has a different meaning then when I was an unsaved Goth. I view the world and the church world very dark. So to it manifests in my appearance.
Here, this poem sums it up for me brother

I can only concur with you Rocky, been there and had it done to me and mine :arrow:

Its hard when you are looking for godly company and a spiritual home, and all you find is hypocrisy :neutral:

macca

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

There is not much respect left in this age we are in Haz.
They fear nothing and no-one.
fools

macca

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:There is not much respect left in this age we are in Haz.
They fear nothing and no-one.
fools

macca
I told my wife when I picked her up at the hospital and she come straight back with; "I'm sure whey will mark a few cars in the underground car par on the way to theirs."

I know people who have had their cars damaged in this way as I am sure you do as well. My neighbour had his car vandelized recently in a car park! EVERY pannel, every door, the boot, bonnet, every mudgard and the entire roof from front to back! Cost his thousands of dollars to repair.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote: Yes I do not like to interact with most other Christians, I find them petty, condescending and Judgmental. Not all, but at least maybe 60% or higher especially in my area. . You see I live in an area were there are 5 churches on one block and they all hate each other. I have only been a Christian for 6 your or so. In the six years, I have seen 4 church splits, Christians about coming to blows out in the church parking lots. My experience with churches and what I seen is as bad of what I saw out in the world, may be even worse. When I first got saved I threw away all of my Goth clothes and tried to conform to church culture. But these people didn't act any better then the world. I encountered some of the most hateful critical people I would ever want to meet, not towards me , but towards other people, at that time I looked like them so I was accepted. One time I even had a deacon kick me out of a church because me and a few other people from the worship team were practicing a worship music type song, and he only believed in southern gospel. I have had to drag my family from church to church because of the splits. Or the pastor of a church would wind up in some kind of scandal, like cheating on his wife, or doing shady stuff with the church founds and then that church would split. I was so accepted , after all I looked like them even joined them at times in their hypocrisy of thinking our little church is the only right church and we are so much better then the dirty little sinners that are on the out side?. But something started to change. I saw them look down at people. Hate people, and each other, so I decided I am going to look how I want to look, and I turned my back on the churches in my area, the church culture in general, and some you your replies reminds me of why I did that, and happy that I did. But, I will not turn my back on the lord no matter how much people like you think I should because of the way I look and dress. Also God never told me to quit looking the way I do. I did it to only fit in and to be accepted by a judgmental culture. Now my appearance has a different meaning then when I was an unsaved Goth. I view the world and the church world very dark. So to it manifests in my appearance.
Rocky
First your poem is too dark (can't see it) for me to read. But I do want to apologize to you that I did not fully read and comprehend your post with all the pictures before I commented. My bad.
Now to this post, it is very telling. You have had some bad experiences and I can not and will not defend the actions of others that you detailed out. I can only say any organization that has people in it will have problems because every one of us is born with a sin nature. That said I would like to make a few comments.

I see it as being totally wrong (sin) if you refuse to associate with other people because they look too rich, too poor, not pretty enough, too ugly, have a handicap and etc. There can be no defense against such an act.

However if people choose to dress abnormal, in a way not commonly accepted in society, then I have no problem questioning their motive and being leery of them. That does not say I will be mean to them, tell them they are not welcome or make them feel that I look down on them. But I will still have to question their motives. If I find their motives are pure I will try to understand what drives them to be different and help them with it. If their motives aren't pure then I will ask them to move on if they show no interest in changing.

You have chosen to dress as you do, therefore you have to accept people's reaction to you. You can't simply say it is their problem because it isn't. To dress in a manner that causes people to react and then criticize them when they do is hypocritical. It would be like waving a red flag in front of a bull until it reacts and then when it does then saying this bull has a problem.

Again I'm sorry you feel as you do about me, I wish I could say something different but the truth is the problem is yours. If you dress for reaction then the only thing you can expect is reaction. How can it be any different?

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

I like this group: ( very much )

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

frenchie wrote:I like this group: ( very much )

Oh yes, Saviour Machine is awesome :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

That is one strange man. If I punched holes in my ears and glued jewelry to my forehead and started wearing a dress when I was a boy, my Dad would have took me to the wood shed! But we were too busy trying to get out of poverty with work and discipline that we did not have time or the money for all of that.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

and you did it.seeing the pictures of you and first lady of GT at that Church.
im so happy for you. :angel:

in 52 years that's a first.i have not seen any of this genre of Christian music.
bibleman wrote:

That is one strange man. If I punched holes in my ears and glued jewelry to my forehead and started wearing a dress when I was a boy, my Dad would have took me to the wood shed! But we were too busy trying to get out of poverty with work and discipline that we did not have time or the money for all of that.