Dake Bible Discussion BoardHow d you view your life?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

How d you view your life?

Post by Justaned »

1. Do you view your life as a journey where good and bad things just happen by chance?

2. Do you view your life as a journey where good and bad things happen according to who is doing what at the moment. If it is good then God happens to be doing it and if it is bad it is because Satan is doing it? Again almost by chance.

3. Do you view your life as a journey where your steps are ordered by the Lord, where due to decisions or yourself or others you will realize blessing and problems?

4. Do you view your life as a journey where your steps are ordered by the Lord, but God allows you to make decisions that will effect your life positively or negatively and the results are lessons that if learned make us more like Jesus?

Rocky

Re: How d you view your life?

Post by Rocky »

I can go with all 4 to be honest. life seems to be a combination of all of them..

Watchman2013
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by Watchman2013 »

How d you view your life?
1. Do you view your life as a journey where good and bad things just happen by chance?

No. I accept full responsibility for any and all sins and errors.

2. Do you view your life as a journey where good and bad things happen according to who is doing what at the moment. If it is good then God happens to be doing it and if it is bad it is because Satan is doing it? Again almost by chance.

Whatever good that has come out of my life, I credit God, and God alone. I, myself, and of myself, am prone to error. To God, goes all glory, honor, and praise. Honesty precludes me from placing any blame on someone else. I am responsible, and don't believe in giving Satan ANY credit for happenings in my life...

3. Do you view your life as a journey where your steps are ordered by the Lord, where due to decisions or yourself or others you will realize blessing and problems? Now, yes. I try to "toe the line." I still sin, and fall short of the Glory of God, but confess my sins, repent and turn away from them, and humbly ask God's Forgiveness. I do not set out to sin, but sometimes, the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. I try to make such happenings fewer, and farther, between...

4. Do you view your life as a journey where your steps are ordered by the Lord, but God allows you to make decisions that will effect your life positively or negatively and the results are lessons that if learned make us more like Jesus?Very interesting question. I've come to the point in my life that I don't want to make ANY decisions, unless I ask God first, of His wisdom. I'm tired of making the wrong choices, by myself. HE NEVER MAKES MISTAKES... During WWII, one of the Flying Tigers wrote a good book called, "God Is My Co-Pilot." I prefer Him to be THE Pilot, and me the trainee... I'm not ducking responsibility, but acknowledging my shortcomings. I WANT the wisdom and skills of God in my life.

Justaned, I don't want to sin, nor do I want to make mistakes. Too many of either in my life. Now, I just want to be His, and to know that I'm doing all that I can do, to fulfill His wishes... I fully intend taking advantage of what He has to offer, to His Glory... If I can but be obedient, without self intruding, I will have accomplished my goal, dream, desire- being closer to Him... Nothing else matters...

Maranatha

Watchman2013, responsible for all flaws, warts, and imperfections... Do not, EVER, blame God. It was my fault...

"Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

I wish there had been more replies.

I think people just don't want to think, instead they parrot what they have been told and never spend a moment thinking about it or seeing if it really does line up with scripture.

My thanks to those that did respond.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I think they were thought provoking questions brother. Maybe I will elaborate more on my reply. Like you, I love a good debate. :-D

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

if a person can answer those questions they are doing well. :morning:

Justaned wrote:I wish there had been more replies.

I think people just don't want to think, instead they parrot what they have been told and never spend a moment thinking about it or seeing if it really does line up with scripture.

My thanks to those that did respond.