Dake Bible Discussion BoardGod will not allow difficulty unless He has a divine purpose

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: God will not allow difficulty unless He has a divine pur

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:I think God uses many figures of speech to humanize Himself so we can better relate to what God is telling us.
Ed, But that makes no sense to. Would it not just be easier to take the bible for what it says? Ed you just can't dismiss scripture because it does not line up with what you want it to mean. I have seen people on here concerning a variety of subjects give you clear scriptures and either you will say Oh that's not what it is in the greek or will call it a "hyperbole" or its just "figures of speech" or that's not what it really means in its context. That kind of logic is how cults and bad theology gets started in the first place. :squarewink:

Rocky
If you think about it all the acts of Abraham's faith is listed before this verse. From then on it is pretty much a shift of focus from Abraham to Isaac. So after Abraham walks in faith after God for at least 25+ years God is finally giving him the big test which according to you Abraham passes but then we see nothing more of Abraham. Don't you think God knew Abraham's faith and even the lack of it in some instances long before this?
And I say 25+ years because we don't know the exact age of Abraham when he was called by God and obeyed. But we know he was 75 when promised a son that he didn't see in Isaac until he was 100 and then how many years after Isaac's birth did this occur. Some think Abraham was about 139 or so. If that is factual then Abraham walked in faith for nearly 64 before this happened. I think God knew, don't you.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

We all have shown you countless scriptures Ed, not just one, but:

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:We all have shown you countless scriptures Ed, not just one, but:
Rocky
I agree this should be dead horse.
As far as countless scriptures ... Well unless you think 2 or 3 remote and disjointed scriptures are countless, I don't think so.

I'm going to end my part of this with some questions
At the end of the account of Joseph and his brothers, Joseph testified
Genesis 50:20 (NKJV)
20 But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.

Would all those that believe God is surprised by man please go through this story of Joseph and point out all the places God was surprised.
Before you answer read the above verse very very very carefully.

Psalm 139:4 (NLT)
4 You know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD.

The real question is why are you as man so willing to place a human limitation on God? Think about this question why is it so important to you to have God limited? Does that glorify God? Does it speak of a limitless God or of a limited God?
What is it within you that you must place a limit on God?

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:We all have shown you countless scriptures Ed, not just one, but:
Rocky
I agree this should be dead horse.
As far as countless scriptures ... Well unless you think 2 or 3 remote and disjointed scriptures are countless, I don't think so.

I'm going to end my part of this with some questions
At the end of the account of Joseph and his brothers, Joseph testified
Genesis 50:20 (NKJV)
20 But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.

Would all those that believe God is surprised by man please go through this story of Joseph and point out all the places God was surprised.
Before you answer read the above verse very very very carefully.

Psalm 139:4 (NLT)
4 You know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD.

The real question is why are you as man so willing to place a human limitation on God? Think about this question why is it so important to you to have God limited? Does that glorify God? Does it speak of a limitless God or of a limited God?
What is it within you that you must place a limit on God?

Rocky when I used the term "you" in the post above I was not aiming at you but at everyone that seems to want to deny God as all powerful, all knowing, all seeing and ever present.

What does attempting to limit God do for you? I'm really at a lost to understand this. I sure don't want to serve a limited God and I can't see how attempting to limit God glorifies Him.

The only thing I can conceive of being accomplished by it is making God a little less God like and a little more human like. And I would guess carrying that thinking forward perhaps those that attempt to limit God feel by doing so makes them a little less human like and a little more god like.

Is that it?