Dake Bible Discussion BoardYou don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Re: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven

Post by macca »

Like i asked earlier, When did Adam's family become God's family?

macca

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

macca wrote:Like i asked earlier, When did Adam's family become God's family?

macca

They are one in the same. If not God would have never his son to die for all men.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Ironman wrote:
"I think the mistake you are making, Haz, is assuming anyone is worthy of going to Heaven just becaue they supposedly "lived a clean righteous life not knowing anything of God."

No one can earn eternal life by their own effort or merits.

It is only by grace through faith that anyone can be saved."

Anyone, who has volentarily lived a good honest life, pleasing to God, and who through no fault of his own had never heard of God, Jesus or the gospel, will enter Heaven purely by the very GRACE of God you speak about!

God is by nature gracious, merciful, loving, kind, good and compassionate, (Exodus 34:6; Ps. 86:15).
That has been debated for thousands of years and so far neither side has been able to present a case that is not impreachable by those that oppose it.

So the answer must be "Work out your own salvation in fear and trembling" and let God be God.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Justaned wrote:
Ironman wrote:
"I think the mistake you are making, Haz, is assuming anyone is worthy of going to Heaven just becaue they supposedly "lived a clean righteous life not knowing anything of God."

No one can earn eternal life by their own effort or merits.

It is only by grace through faith that anyone can be saved."

Anyone, who has volentarily lived a good honest life, pleasing to God, and who through no fault of his own had never heard of God, Jesus or the gospel, will enter Heaven purely by the very GRACE of God you speak about!

God is by nature gracious, merciful, loving, kind, good and compassionate, (Exodus 34:6; Ps. 86:15).
That has been debated for thousands of years and so far neither side has been able to present a case that is not impreachable by those that oppose it.

So the answer must be "Work out your own salvation in fear and trembling" and let God be God.
The free will of man is the only barrier that will ever stand in the way of his best interests and salvation. Even with no prior knowledge of God or Jesus, the natural soul of man can see by the creation that there must be an intelligent creator and it longs for an eternal future, it craves eternal fellowship, it holds out for a future after death. Mans soul searches for what it craves, that is fellowship with God! If natural man, with no knowledg of God lives a rightious life in the eyes of God, lives doing good toward all and for the benifit of those he lives with, in the society he is born into, he will be judged according to the way he lived and he will be saved by the Grace of God.

If this were not so, then we can say God has allowed millions of people to be born and die, and be judged by Him, without even knowing Him, His Son Jesus, the gospel, or His eternal plan for mankind.

It would be like never knowing or hearing about any school, never recieving any formal education, and then being told one had to sit for a final examination with no hope of passing, to be allowed to continue on in eternity.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

"CAN THEY DO ANYTHING BEFORE THEY ARE BORN????"

"He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had power with God:" (Hosea 12:3).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

yes he did.this was a specialinstance like Jacob and Esau.
but he didnt kill anyone Haz.

Ironman wrote:

"He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had power with God:" (Hosea 12:3).

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:yes he did.this was a specialinstance like Jacob and Esau.

Ironman wrote:

Yes, I knew he didnt kill anyone mate. But he did grab his brother by the heel so thats doing something before being born! leaping with joy in the womb is also doing something, reacting to something outside the womb. "For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy." (Luke 1:44). They are living beings from the moment of conception. This was recorded as shuch because its true. A non-human-fetus does not leap for joy in the womb because of glad tidings?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

im not being dogmatic.some say until the breath of life is breathed they are not living souls.Moses was one Gen 2:7. i oppose abortion in all cases except rape or INCEST.

I FORGOT THIS.ONLY A SICK SADIST WOULD HAVE A 14 YEAR OLD GIRL HAVE A FATHER OR BROTHERS OR UNCLES BABY.
i oppose that kind of religion.and in fact consider it a formmental illness.
dont arugue. i know more than any of you do

PS DOES THAT :mrgreen: MAKE IT ALL OKAY???
Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:yes he did.this was a special instance like Jacob and Esau.

Ironman wrote:

Yes, I knew he didnt kill anyone mate. But he did grab his brother by the heel so thats doing something before being born! leaping with joy in the womb is also doing something, reacting to something outside the womb. "For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy." (Luke 1:44). They are living beings from the moment of conception. This was recorded as shuch because its true. A non-human-fetus does not leap for joy in the womb because of glad tidings?

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

branham1965 wrote: I FORGOT THIS.ONLY A SICK SADIST WOULD HAVE A 14 YEAR OLD GIRL HAVE A FATHER OR BROTHERS OR UNCLES BABY.

Billy
As I see it in the scenario above you have two people in a horrible terrible situation. Your solution kill one of them. Does that make sense to you?

Let me add you would leave the survivor with two deep deep emotional scars
One of incest and the other of knowing she murdered her baby.

I have dealt with women that have had abortions and I can tell you it is something they never fully get over. Some are hard hearted cases but they still carry a tremendous emotional scar of abortion.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

branham1965 wrote:im not being dogmatic.some say until the breath of life is breathed they are not living souls.Moses was one Gen 2:7. i oppose abortion in all cases except rape or INCEST.

I FORGOT THIS.ONLY A SICK SADIST WOULD HAVE A 14 YEAR OLD GIRL HAVE A FATHER OR BROTHERS OR UNCLES BABY.
dont arugue. i know more than any of you do

PS DOES THAT :mrgreen: MAKE IT ALL OKAY???