Dake Bible Discussion BoardTHE SPIRIT WITHOUT MEASURE

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

THE SPIRIT WITHOUT MEASURE

Post by branham1965 »

HAS anyone besides our dear Lord Jesus Christ ever had the Holy Spirit without measure?????

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: THE SPIRIT WITHOUT MEASURE

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:HAS anyone besides our dear Lord Jesus Christ ever had the Holy Spirit without measure?????
Hi Billy, Mate, Would "Filled with the Holy Spirit" mean without measure billy? I suppose it does. One can have a measure of the Holy Spirit but one cant fill anything more than full.

"And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost." (Acts 13:52). The went out two by two healing the sick, doing miricles. The Holy Spirit gave men different degrees or measures of power (Numbers 11:10-25; 2 Kings 2:9; John 3:34).

Dake wrote in his GPFM page 453 that The Holy Spirit has been given to men without measure (John 3:34; 7:37-39; 14:12).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

THANK YOU FOR THAT HAZ.i need to write those down.
Who were they mate ???
the 12????
the early church???? Peter and Paul i think were in that group.

:Fade-color :rainbow1:

Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:HAS anyone besides our dear Lord Jesus Christ ever had the Holy Spirit without measure?????
Hi Billy, Mate, Would "Filled with the Holy Spirit" mean without measure billy? I suppose it does. One can have a measure of the Holy Spirit but one cant fill anything more than full.

"And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost." (Acts 13:52). The went out two by two healing the sick, doing miricles. The Holy Spirit gave men different degrees or measures of power (Numbers 11:10-25; 2 Kings 2:9; John 3:34).

Dake wrote in his GPFM page 453 that The Holy Spirit has been given to men without measure (John 3:34; 7:37-39; 14:12).

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:THANK YOU FOR THAT HAZ.i need to write those down.
Who were they mate ???
the 12????
the early church???? Peter and Paul i think were in that group.

:Fade-color :rainbow1:

Ironman wrote:

HERE THEY ARE MY MATE . . . .

"And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

(Heres what you asked, answered in these Scripture verses mate?)

Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus; Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him. These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matthew 10:1-7).

ALSO, In Mark 6:7-13 we read that the twelve, Judas Included, went "forth two by two . . . and preached that men should repent. And they Judas Included, cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick and healed them."
This proves that Judas was a divinely efficient man, a sucessfull preacher and endued with power to heal. If he was not a saved man and if he could have all these experiences and do thses miricles as a sinner, then it would seem that Christians who claim to be saved regardless of what they do should be able to do as much as Judas did. Also it would be going too far to accuse Jesus Christ of choosing an unsaved man to preach repentance and holiness, to heal the sick, to cast out devils, and to represent the Kingdom of God among men.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Justaned

Post by Justaned »

I'm not sure how much or how little of the spirit we humans can have. But this I do know it comes with a cost. That cost is how closely we are walking with Christ. I'm also of the belief that none of us have ever realized how much is available to us because our walk is not all the closed to Jesus. Holiness Holiness Holiness is a requirement that must first be met before God will entrust us with more of the spirit. Likewise I think the first time the power is offered as anything but a testimony to the unsaved degrees of it is lost.