Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Gospel of Inclusion and OSAS - the same thing?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Watchman2013
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Re: The Gospel of Inclusion and OSAS - the same thing?

Post by Watchman2013 »

Hello, Justaned,

Your teaching is beyond reproach, Sir. When The Holy Scriptures vouch for, verify, likewise, establishing one's position, AND and The Holy Spirit of the Living God bears witness, I believe you are on very solid footing.

FWIW, I like it. Cogent, to the point, and crystal clear.

Thank-you, and God Bless You and Yours, Justaned...

Maranatha

Watchman2013

"Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

THE GREATEST MOST WIDESPREAD UNIVERSALISM if any of this sounds a little familiar....
was taught to the world all over BY PASTOR CHARLES TAZE RUSSELL.he did not found jws as they claim.
NO ONE IN MODERN HISTORY SPREAD IT LIKE HE DID.DID YOU KNOW HE WAS CALLED AMERICAS SPURGEON!!!!! :shocked!:
HIS SERMONS WERE IN ABOUT EVERY PAPER HERE.
HE TAUGHT THIS
THE DIVINE PLAN OF THE AGES HIS BOOK A BESTSELLER IN THE WORLD .6 VOLUMES WERE THE BIBLE AS INTERPRETED BY RUSSELL.
GOD
IN THE GOSPEL AGE IS CALLING OUT A CHURCH OR BRIDE WHO AFTER FULL CONSECRATION AND SPIRIT BEGETTAL IF FAITHFUL (IF UNFAITHFUL THEY DIE THE SECOND DEATH ETERNAL EXTINCTION FROM WHICH THEIR IS NO RECOVERY EVER)UNTO DEATH WILL BE BORN OF THE SPIRIT IN THE RESURRECTION IN SPIRIT BODIES LIKE JESUS THEIR LORD.WILL CO RULE WITH CHRIST 144,000 IN HEAVEN.THOSE OF THIS NUMBER WHO LOSE THEIR CROWN ARE OF THE GREAT COMPANY WHO COME THRU THE GREAT TRIB WASHING THEIR ROBES WITH THE BLOOD OF JESUS.THEY WILL BE IN HEAVEN IN SPIRIT BODIES ALSO LIKE THE 144,000
THE NOMINAL CHURCH IS NOT SPIRIT BEGOTTEN SO WILL FALL ASLEEP AND BE RAISED WITH ALL THE WORLD OF MANKIND IN THE MILLENNIUM.THEY WILL BE RAISED NATURAL HUMAN BEINGS=sound familiar...AND THEY CAN OBEY THE REDEEMER OR BE DESTROYED FOREVER.THE MAJORITY WILL OBEY HE THOUGHT AND BE EVENTUALLY RESTORED TO THE PERFECTION ADAM LOST sound familiar.....
TRUTHFULLY I WISH THE OLD GEEZER WAS RIGHT. :arrow:
victoryword wrote:Isn't inclusivism just a repackaged version of universalism? AS far as I know, OSAS people are not universalists, though that does not excuse their teaching that God makes people stay saved against their own free-will. I would think that the same free-will that God gave us to accept the finished work of salvation is the same free-will that we can use to reject it later.

Two other teachings making their way within Christian circles are annhilationism and Ultimate Reconciliation. Annhilation used to be only taught among the cults like JWs or Worldwide Church of God. The only legitimate Christian group that taught it was Seventh Day Adventists. However, you are now finding well-known Evangelicals such as John Stott teaching it and I think Open Theists such as Greg Boyd. Ultimate Reconciliation is making its way around the Christian bend as well. The idea that someone will suffer in hell for a while to get purged of sins but you will ultimately be reconciled to God sounds like a mixture of catholicism (purgatory) and universalism.

Satan is coming up with all kinds of lies to make people feel comfortable in their sins. Who needs to restrain the desires of the flesh when you are OSAS, inclusive, or if you'll just soul sleep when you die and be annhilated out of existence later or just suffer in hell for a little while but eventually get in Heaven.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

IM BEING HONEST.REAL.

DID YOU KNOW MANY I MEAN MANY OF OUR FATHERS IN PENTECOST FROM WILLIAM SEYMOUR TO CHARLES PARHAM WERE INFLUENCED BY THIS MAN!!!????

DR.KENYON WAS ONCE A BELIEVER IN HIS TEACHING.SOUL SLEEP.

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

Ed

I won't accuse you of defending OSAS. There is already enough evidence that you defend OSAS, Calvinism, and cessationist advocates so no need for me to launch an accusation concerning something that is already an established fact.

You can claim to tell me what they teach but I have already seen the FRUIT. No matter how much you dress up a false teaching with a little bit of truth, its the fruit of the teaching that people will see. I have seen people live loose lives and tell me that they are SAVED and misquote John 6:37.

However, I have also directly heard OSAS teaching that contradicts your defense of it. The internet and Youtube opens many avenues to hear stuff directly from the horse's mouth.

victoryword

Post by victoryword »

branham1965 wrote:IM BEING HONEST.REAL.

DID YOU KNOW MANY I MEAN MANY OF OUR FATHERS IN PENTECOST FROM WILLIAM SEYMOUR TO CHARLES PARHAM WERE INFLUENCED BY THIS MAN!!!????

Kenyon may not believe or perhaps later rejected soul sleep, but he did teach a form of OSAS that I reject. However, I still consider Kenyon a great teacher.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

victoryword wrote:Ed

I won't accuse you of defending OSAS. There is already enough evidence that you defend OSAS, Calvinism, and cessationist advocates so no need for me to launch an accusation concerning something that is already an established fact.

You can claim to tell me what they teach but I have already seen the FRUIT. No matter how much you dress up a false teaching with a little bit of truth, its the fruit of the teaching that people will see. I have seen people live loose lives and tell me that they are SAVED and misquote John 6:37.

However, I have also directly heard OSAS teaching that contradicts your defense of it. The internet and Youtube opens many avenues to hear stuff directly from the horse's mouth.
I don't know the belief system of the people you observe nor do I know their theology but are you sure it is OSAS or is it possibly the easy believe-ism that is currently being taught in many churches from Pentecostal to Reformed in the US today?

I have met many the couldn't spell OSAS much less tell you what it meant coming out of Pentecostal churches with the same attitude you contributed to OSAS teaching. I don't think any of these people have ever been exposed to OSAS teaching. What they have is easy believe-ism, I have head knowledge of Jesus and they got their chill bumps so the guy up front says they are saved and thus they are. Live as the may.

As far as you and the so called proof of me being OSAS ... Well let me say this it is worth less than you paid for it. :mrgreen: And it is about as reliable as a guy that would hawk his wares on a forum of this type.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

ACTUALLY HE WAS A RANK HERETIC AND MISLED MILLIONS.AND THE LORD SAYS TO HATE EVERY FALSE WAY.
THE PIONEERS REPENTED AND GOT SQUARED AWAY.

victoryword

Post by victoryword »

branham1965 wrote:ACTUALLY HE WAS A RANK HERETIC AND MISLED MILLIONS.AND THE LORD SAYS TO HATE EVERY FALSE WAY.

Are you saying that Kenyon was a rank heretic Billy?

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

victoryword wrote:
branham1965 wrote:ACTUALLY HE WAS A RANK HERETIC AND MISLED MILLIONS.AND THE LORD SAYS TO HATE EVERY FALSE WAY.

Are you saying that Kenyon was a rank heretic Billy?
I don't know if he was a heretic but his teaching was heretical. He was up to his eyes in the metaphysical where things do or don't exist until you speak them into or out of existence. He was a false Bishop having a poor reputation and divorcing his wife. He taught he was healed because he said he was healed yet he died in a coma from brain cancer.
I can't think of one thing he taught that was true. I think the constitute false teaching does it not?
Last edited by Justaned on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Well if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck then it must be an..... Elephant?