Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Gospel of Inclusion and OSAS - the same thing?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

The Gospel of Inclusion and OSAS - the same thing?

Post by bibleman »

The Gospel of Inclusion and OSAS - the same thing?

Had a thought this morning, am I right or wrong?
The gospel of inclusion, as taught by Carlton Pearson, encompasses these false beliefs among others:

(1) The gospel of inclusion espouses that the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ paid the price for all of humanity to enjoy eternal life in heaven without any need for repentance.

(2) The gospel of inclusion teaches that salvation is unconditional and does not even require faith in Jesus Christ as the payment for mankind’s sin debt.

(3) The gospel of inclusion believes that all humanity is destined to life in heaven whether or not they realize it.

(4) The gospel of inclusion declares that all humanity will go to heaven regardless of religious affiliation.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/gospel-of-i ... z2dkHkfvpD
Aren't those who preach OSAS preaching the same thing?

I mean for the OSAS heretics when a person gets saved and then AFTER their salvation they sin, backslide, walk away from God or what ever then....

(1) The gospel of inclusion espouses that the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ paid the price for all of humanity to enjoy eternal life in heaven without any need for repentance. (For OSAS heretics after salvation you are STILL saved even though you never repent of any sins you commit - you are saved and you need do NOTHING to maintain your relationship with God.)

(2) The gospel of inclusion teaches that salvation is unconditional and does not even require faith in Jesus Christ as the payment for mankind’s sin debt. (For OSAS heretics after salvation you are STILL saved even though you recant your faith in Christ and never have faith in HIM again.)

(3) The gospel of inclusion believes that all humanity is destined to life in heaven whether or not they realize it. (For OSAS heretics after salvation you are STILL going to Heaven even tough you live a life of sin and debauchery - you are going to Heaven believe it or not.)

(4) The gospel of inclusion declares that all humanity will go to heaven regardless of religious affiliation. (For OSAS heretics after salvation you are STILL going to Heaven no matter what church you belong to or none at all.)

So is the OSAS crowd of heretics any different that the so called gospel of inclusion crowd?

For both groups gays, perverts, wife beaters. thieves, hustlers, blasphemers, drunkards and dope heads are all going to Heaven.

Agree or disagree?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Watchman2013
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Re: The Gospel of Inclusion and OSAS - the same thing?

Post by Watchman2013 »

Good Morning, Bibleman,

Good, thought provoking post.

Methinks that "inclusion," as defined, must be anathema to God. It violates the tenants of belief, and reliance upon, the Sacrifice of Our Lord Jesus Christ. It is a removal from God's part in The Faith, that makes a mockery of God, and makes the Sacrifice of His Precious Son, of no effect. It makes man, the arbiter of his own destiny, i.e., that Jesus is not necessary, nor what He did for us. This, by extension, is reminiscent of those that were building the Tower of Babel. Thinking themselves "wise," they sought to dethrone God, making themselves co-equal, or superior, to Him.

Arrogance, ignorance, hubris? At the very least. Man should never think more of himself, than he ought.

As to the belief in OSAS, I must devolve to what I believe. When God said to the Children of Israel, "Be ye Holy, as I am Holy," that answered any questions as to how we are to be, inside and out. Don't only wash the outside of the bowl, but the inside, as well... No halfway measures, no quibbling, no compromise...

Why else, would God "spend" so much for us? Were not our very souls purchased with such a Precious Price, that of His Only Begotten Son, that we should quail, or resist giving, our all to Him? NEVER!!! He asks so little of us, I'm ashamed when we do not even give Him fullhearted praise, worship, honor, respect, and of greatest importance, unfeigned, unrestrained, love...

We OWE God Holiness and our obedience. Not out of fear, or a sense of obligation, but out of LOVE... That is the least we can do...

So, "inclusiveness" and "once saved, always saved" are not terms in which I live, move, or have my being...

Maranatha

Watchman2013

"Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

I posted earlier and I guess it wasn't appreciated so I will try this.

I don't know a thing about inclusion theology only the bits and pieces I have picked up from discussions on this forum. Likewise I don't know a whole lot about OSAS other than the fact that they believe if your are truly saved you won't commit a sin that would cost you your salvation. If a person does commit a sin that cost them their salvation then I think they view that as proof the person was never really saved. The question becomes more interesting when examine the fact that it is man who then judges man and decides what will and or will not cost the person his salvation.

Personally I think the whole question is sort of nonsense because just as Jesus said if you love me you will obey me.

I know the OSAS crowd stands on the following scripture which make a powerful argument for their point of view. However I think they tend to be in the ditch on one side of the road and those that flush at the very mention of OSAS are themselves in the ditch on the other side of the road.

Romans 8:31-39 (NKJV)
31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies.
34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."
37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Now let us read this from the amplified.
Romans 8:30-39 (AMP)
30 And those whom He thus foreordained, He also called; and those whom He called, He also justified (acquitted, made righteous, putting them into right standing with Himself). And those whom He justified, He also glorified [raising them to a heavenly dignity and condition or state of being].
31 What then shall we say to [all] this? If God is for us, who [can be] against us? [Who can be our foe, if God is on our side?]
32 He who did not withhold or spare [even] His own Son but gave Him up for us all, will He not also with Him freely and graciously give us all [other] things?
33 Who shall bring any charge against God's elect [when it is] God Who justifies [that is, Who puts us in right relation to Himself? Who shall come forward and accuse or impeach those whom God has chosen? Will God, Who acquits us?]
34 Who is there to condemn [us]? Will Christ Jesus (the Messiah), Who died, or rather Who was raised from the dead, Who is at the right hand of God actually pleading as He intercedes for us?
35 Who shall ever separate us from Christ's love? Shall suffering and affliction and tribulation? Or calamity and distress? Or persecution or hunger or destitution or peril or sword?
36 Even as it is written, For Thy sake we are put to death all the day long; we are regarded and counted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us.
38 For I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers,
39 Nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Pretty strong argument for OSAS isn't it? If we are saved and in fact New Creations does sin then remake us yet another creation that is alien to God?

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I definitely see some similarities. Especially the similarities in OSAS theology after salvation with the Gospel of inclusion. Why don't people just read their bibles and take it for what is says. Hey bibleman Have you ever studied the reasoning behind such things? That what make for a great study. I know it is demonically driven, but there has got to be a reason for it or some agenda. I do know scripture or the early church did not believe in or teach OSAS or the inclusion theology.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Rocky wrote:I definitely see some similarities. Especially the similarities in OSAS theology after salvation with the Gospel of inclusion. Why don't people just read their bibles and take it for what is says. Hey bibleman Have you ever studied the reasoning behind such things? That what make for a great study. I know it is demonically driven, but there has got to be a reason for it or some agenda. I do know scripture or the early church did not believe in or teach OSAS or the inclusion theology.
Well, yes I have studied it a bit. I went to a reformed (osas) seminary. I could never quite understand what was behind it, the closest thing I could see was just the tradition of the Presbyterian church - at least where I attended.

Maybe Justaned could fill us in on that since he is 99% osas himself.

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

thanks Leon.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Rocky wrote:I definitely see some similarities. Especially the similarities in OSAS theology after salvation with the Gospel of inclusion. Why don't people just read their bibles and take it for what is says. Hey bibleman Have you ever studied the reasoning behind such things? That what make for a great study. I know it is demonically driven, but there has got to be a reason for it or some agenda. I do know scripture or the early church did not believe in or teach OSAS or the inclusion theology.
Well, yes I have studied it a bit. I went to a reformed (osas) seminary. I could never quite understand what was behind it, the closest thing I could see was just the tradition of the Presbyterian church - at least where I attended.

Sorry I can't help I wasn't trained in OSAS like you Bibleman, never hung around OSAS people like you Bibleman, never sat under OSAS instructors like you Bibleman. Sounds to me like you are a closet OSAS agent that is trying to confuse us NON OSAS people. :mrgreen:

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Sorry I can't help I wasn't trained in OSAS like you Bibleman, never hung around OSAS people like you Bibleman, never sat under OSAS instructors like you Bibleman. Sounds to me like you are a closet OSAS agent that is trying to confuse us NON OSAS people. :mrgreen:
' +highfive

God bless
Leon Bible

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

Isn't inclusivism just a repackaged version of universalism? AS far as I know, OSAS people are not universalists, though that does not excuse their teaching that God makes people stay saved against their own free-will. I would think that the same free-will that God gave us to accept the finished work of salvation is the same free-will that we can use to reject it later.

Two other teachings making their way within Christian circles are annhilationism and Ultimate Reconciliation. Annhilation used to be only taught among the cults like JWs or Worldwide Church of God. The only legitimate Christian group that taught it was Seventh Day Adventists. However, you are now finding well-known Evangelicals such as John Stott teaching it and I think Open Theists such as Greg Boyd. Ultimate Reconciliation is making its way around the Christian bend as well. The idea that someone will suffer in hell for a while to get purged of sins but you will ultimately be reconciled to God sounds like a mixture of catholicism (purgatory) and universalism.

Satan is coming up with all kinds of lies to make people feel comfortable in their sins. Who needs to restrain the desires of the flesh when you are OSAS, inclusive, or if you'll just soul sleep when you die and be annhilated out of existence later or just suffer in hell for a little while but eventually get in Heaven.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

[quote="victoryword"]...Who needs to restrain the desires of the flesh when you are OSAS...quote]

Before everyone accuses me I am not defending OSAS but my understanding of their teaching is.
It is not a matter of man restraining the desires of the flesh.

It is more like, once you are saved you are a New Creation and as such you don't entertain the desires of the flesh, your thinking has changed and you are no longer lead of the flesh but of the spirit that has been recreated within you by the Holy Spirit.

The teaching then follows that if you do continue in sin it is obvious that you aren't a New Creation and in fact you carry with you the same old baggage of flesh that you have before, you are not a new creation at all.

This teaching is centered on
2 Corinthians 5:16-21 (NKJV)
16 Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer.
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God.
21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Romans 8:31-39 (NKJV)
31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies.
34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."
37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.