Dake Bible Discussion BoardJimmy Swaggart said my dear friend Finis Jennings Dake

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Rocky

Re: Jimmy Swaggart said my dear friend Finis Jennings Dake

Post by Rocky »

Ironman wrote:
Rocky wrote:Just study him, he is not a fine man. I fear you may be blinded by his charisma..
Hi Rocky.

Not one of us is perfect. I believe he has done more than any one of us can even think about doing let alone actually do something of any consequence. he admits he was not perfect!
"All of a sudden, the Spirit of the Lord came over me, and He began to reveal to my heart the meaning of this aspect of our Christian experience. In a moment’s time, I saw it, and I saw it clearly. I can remember getting up from behind my desk and pacing back and forth across my office, tears streaming down my cheeks. The Lord then spoke to my heart and said, “You have asked Me the cause of your problem. It is the sin nature, and your lack of understanding about how it works and how it is to be controlled.”
Cheers, Haz.
His theology is twisted. He uses religious jargon to confuse the reader, I have read several of his books including his commentary bible. I use to be into him. I am not even saying anything about his past that is not even in the equation in what I am saying. If you like him that is fine, I just think he is false as well as his panel of Pharisees. He has even claimed he has received divine revelation about the cross. He makes outlandish claims about sanctification that has no scriptural basis, And puts very little emphasis on the resurrection. Just be careful about his teachings. If you want specifics I can give them. Like I said, I was into him until the Lord got me away from his teachings. In a nutshell he believes the Christian is bound by sin unless one puts his faith in the cross that Christ was crucified on. Only faith in the cross is where we get victory over the "sin nature" as he calls it. That Christians will always be under the control of the sin nature unless they put their faith in his theology about the cross. They are so many issues with this man that you don't even have to bring up his past. Oh also he claims that is wasn't his fault that he did what he did in the 80s and 90s he just didn't understand that cross lol
Here is a pic of his worship team :evilbat:
..Image
Last edited by Rocky on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

brodave wrote:By the way I have never met a perfect preacher yet.
I'm sorry we haven't met yet. You'll get to meet me someday. :mrgreen:

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

Rocky wrote: And puts very little emphasis on the resurrection.
This the primary problem that I have had with his teachings. I have never dug any further into his teachings to learn anything he says on the other stuff you mention. I have his expository Bible but can't really remember the last time I pulled it out of the bookshelf.

But seriously, is that his worship team or are you just plain' around?

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

victoryword wrote:
This the primary problem that I have had with his teachings. I have never dug any further into his teachings to learn anything he says on the other stuff you mention. I have his expository Bible but can't really remember the last time I pulled it out of the bookshelf.

Yeah, the most well known one is Jill swaggart in the middle in the black dress, Now days the internet makes it hard to keep secrets lol.. They are at a bar. I know I seem angry, But My church split over this and the pastor and his wife got brained washed by him.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:My question with all the thousands of Pastors/Teachers and Evangelist that haven't fallen, that have flawless reputations why seek after Swaggart?

That forces the question are you following the teaching or the celebrity?
Hi Ed,

Just what "Pastors/Teachers and Evangelist" "that have flawless reputation"

What TV Evangelist would you recommend?
I have told you I don't watch TV evangelist. Scripture says not to forsake the assembling together. I want a person that is accountable to me and me to them. Without accountability you have nothing.
Hi Ed,

Above you said: "My question with all the thousands of Pastors/Teachers and Evangelist that haven't fallen, that have flawless reputations why seek after Swaggart?"

So I ask you to name one of these that haven't fallen.

And you can't even give one name.

So then, that statement you made must not be true.

Please check out your facts before you speak in the future.

Thanks

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Rocky wrote:
victoryword wrote:

Yeah, the most well known one is Jill swaggart in the middle in the black dress, Now days the internet makes it hard to keep secrets lol.. They are at a bar. I know I seem angry, But My church split over this and the pastor and his wife got brained washed by him.
Not in the middle in the lower picture Ay' So, the one in the black dress, so shes not the blond with the bottle of plonk in her hand in the top picture?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

I'm not making excuses for the man, like I said we are all sinners and have made many mistakes, most of mine were huge!! Even Finis made a few boo-boo's? Lets hope Jimmy repents of his!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:My question with all the thousands of Pastors/Teachers and Evangelist that haven't fallen, that have flawless reputations why seek after Swaggart?

That forces the question are you following the teaching or the celebrity?
Hi Ed,

Just what "Pastors/Teachers and Evangelist" "that have flawless reputation"

What TV Evangelist would you recommend?
I recomend Ed!

Ed and his wife were sitting around the breakfast table one lazy Sunday morning, when he said to her, "If I were to die suddenly, I want you to immediately sell all my stuff".

"Now why would you want me to do something like that" she asked?

"I figure that you would eventually remarry and I don't want some other flawless person using my stuff".

She looked at Ed and said: "What makes you think I would want to marry and put up with another flawless person?"

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

OH MY GOD.OH MY GOD!!!!
ROCKY I OWE YOU AN APOLOGY.I AM A GULLIBLE NAIVE IDIOT.ILL FALL FOR ANYTHING.ED WAS RIGHT.
I KNOW WHO A FEW OF THOSE GIRLS ARE.ONE IS GABES WIFE ONE IS LOREN LARSON'S DAUGHTER.THEY LOOK LIKE TRAMPS IN A BAR.

I AM DUMBFOUNDED.I JUST CANT BELIEVE IT.

I THINK HE MADE HIS THEOLOGY CONFORM TO HIS EXPERIENCE RATHER THAN MAKE HIS EXPERIENCE CONFORM TO GODS THEOLOGY THE BIBLE.
IF I HAVE A VICE i do I NEED TO GET RID OF IT OR SUFFER NOW AND FOREVER.

THIS LITERALLY BLOWS MY MIND.
Rocky wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Rocky wrote:Just study him, he is not a fine man. I fear you may be blinded by his charisma..
Hi Rocky.

Not one of us is perfect. I believe he has done more than any one of us can even think about doing let alone actually do something of any consequence. he admits he was not perfect!
"All of a sudden, the Spirit of the Lord came over me, and He began to reveal to my heart the meaning of this aspect of our Christian experience. In a moment’s time, I saw it, and I saw it clearly. I can remember getting up from behind my desk and pacing back and forth across my office, tears streaming down my cheeks. The Lord then spoke to my heart and said, “You have asked Me the cause of your problem. It is the sin nature, and your lack of understanding about how it works and how it is to be controlled.”
Cheers, Haz.
His theology is twisted. He uses religious jargon to confuse the reader, I have read several of his books including his commentary bible. I use to be into him. I am not even saying anything about his past that is not even in the equation in what I am saying. If you like him that is fine, I just think he is false as well as his panel of Pharisees. He has even claimed he has received divine revelation about the cross. He makes outlandish claims about sanctification that has no scriptural basis, And puts very little emphasis on the resurrection. Just be careful about his teachings. If you want specifics I can give them. Like I said, I was into him until the Lord got me away from his teachings. In a nutshell he believes the Christian is bound by sin unless one puts his faith in the cross that Christ was crucified on. Only faith in the cross is where we get victory over the "sin nature" as he calls it. That Christians will always be under the control of the sin nature unless they put their faith in his theology about the cross. They are so many issues with this man that you don't even have to bring up his past. Oh also he claims that is wasn't his fault that he did what he did in the 80s and 90s he just didn't understand that cross lol
Here is a pic of his worship team :evilbat:
..Image

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

ROCKY
MY GOD YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG.THEY LOOK LIKE THE TRAMPS I USE TO CHASE IN THE CLUBS.

WHERE DID YOU GET THIS????
Rocky wrote:
victoryword wrote: