Dake Bible Discussion BoardJimmy Swaggart said my dear friend Finis Jennings Dake

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Jimmy Swaggart said my dear friend Finis Jennings Dake

Post by Ironman »

How can anyone knock a man like this?? With any faults he may have, He's a better man I am and the the thousands I have ever known in my 66 years of life so far? Haz.

A Brief Biography of Jimmy Swaggart

http://www.jsm.org/jimmy-swaggart.html

Go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature
(Mark 16:15)

Jimmy Swaggart will be Preaching at the 'Field of Miracles' meeting on
Friday August 9th, 2013 in the Sal Maglie Stadium, Niagara Falls, New York.

Jimmy Lee Swaggart was born March 15, 1935, in Ferriday, Louisiana. Ministering the Word under the anointing of the Holy Spirit, he preached to stadiums filled with capacity crowds around the world and, pioneered televangelism through his weekly telecast. In the 1980's his television programming transmitted to over 3,000 stations and innumerable cable systems each week. Reverend Swaggart's telecasts were seen by more than 8 million people in the United States and by more than 500 million people worldwide, making it the most widespread mass communication of the Gospel in history!

Reverend Jimmy Swaggart first started his television ministry in 1975 and it continues today, over 38 years later, airing nationally and internationally to a potential viewing audience of over 80 million. The weekly Jimmy Swaggart Telecast and A Study in the Word are seen nationwide and abroad on 78 channels in 104 countries and live over the Internet.

Broadcasting
Television has enabled Jimmy Swaggart Ministries to carry the Good News to people in every part of the world and his messages have been translated into 11 different languages. From the vast slums in Manila to the mission fields of Russia, television is the primary tool this ministry is using to reach countless numbers of lost souls. Reverend Jimmy Swaggart is the President of the SonLife Radio Network which is heard nationwide on over 78 stations and around the world via the internet. Since its launching on June 26 1995.

At the end of 2009 Jimmy Swaggart Ministries launched the SonLife Broadcasting Network. SonLife Broadcasting Network is a Christian Television Network which airs nationally and internationally to a potential viewing audience of over 80 million. The network is a outreach of Jimmy Swaggart Ministries and offers live and pre-recorded programs that appeal to a wide audience base.
Last edited by Ironman on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Rocky wrote:Just study him, he is not a fine man. I fear you may be blinded by his charisma..
Hi Rocky.

Not one of us is perfect. I believe he has done more than any one of us can even think about doing let alone actually do something of any consequence. he admits he was not perfect!
"All of a sudden, the Spirit of the Lord came over me, and He began to reveal to my heart the meaning of this aspect of our Christian experience. In a moment’s time, I saw it, and I saw it clearly. I can remember getting up from behind my desk and pacing back and forth across my office, tears streaming down my cheeks. The Lord then spoke to my heart and said, “You have asked Me the cause of your problem. It is the sin nature, and your lack of understanding about how it works and how it is to be controlled.”
Cheers, Haz.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

The first tape i listened to was Jimmy Swaggart on the "antichrist" and i at once liked what i heard. 1984
it did not take me long to work out Jimmy was using Dake as his sourse of material.
Then i found it was all about "Jimmy" and then the fall from HIS OWN GREAT HEIGHT.
It was a self centered ministry and still is.

As Jesus said to the Ephesian Church. "Nevertheless I have somewhat against you, because you have left your first love.
Remember therefore from where you are fallen, and repent and do the first works."

macca

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

How can you such a statement.
he has witnessed to millions of people.
he was called from childhood.his family was a very powerful...

macca wrote:The first tape i listened to was Jimmy Swaggart on the "antichrist" and i at once liked what i heard. 1984
it did not take me long to work out Jimmy was using Dake as his sourse of material.
Then i found it was all about "Jimmy" and then the fall from HIS OWN GREAT HEIGHT.
It was a self centered ministry and still is.

As Jesus said to the Ephesian Church. "Nevertheless I have somewhat against you, because you have left your first love.
Remember therefore from where you are fallen, and repent and do the first works."

macca

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

My question with all the thousands of Pastors/Teachers and Evangelist that haven't fallen, that have flawless reputations why seek after Swaggart?

That forces the question are you following the teaching or the celebrity?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

THATS WHAT I THOUGHT. +zip +zip +zip +zip +zip

branham1965 wrote:ROCKY
WHAT ARE YOU READING OR HEARING ABOUT HIM??? SAYS WHO???IF YOU ACCUSE SOMEONE OPENLY YOU HAVE THE OBLIGATION OF PROOF.
IM NOT SMITTEN WITH ANYONES CHARISMA.ILL BE 52 YEARS OLD IN OCTOBER LORD WILLING.
Rocky wrote:Just study him, he is not a fine man. I fear you may be blinded by his charisma..

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:My question with all the thousands of Pastors/Teachers and Evangelist that haven't fallen, that have flawless reputations why seek after Swaggart?

Hi Ed,

Just what "Pastors/Teachers and Evangelist" "that have flawless reputation"

What TV Evangelist would you recommend?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:My question with all the thousands of Pastors/Teachers and Evangelist that haven't fallen, that have flawless reputations why seek after Swaggart?

Hi Ed,

Just what "Pastors/Teachers and Evangelist" "that have flawless reputation"

What TV Evangelist would you recommend?
I have told you I don't watch TV evangelist. Scripture says not to forsake the assembling together. I want a person that is accountable to me and me to them. Without accountability you have nothing.

brodave

Post by brodave »

Exactly what is wrong with the message of the cross.I know some don't like Jimmy Swaggart. Apart from Jimmy what is wrong with the message of the cross.

Bu the way I have never meet a perfect preacher yet.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

do you know anything about him?
brodave wrote:Exactly what is wrong with the message of the cross.I know some don't like Jimmy Swaggart. Apart from Jimmy what is wrong with the message of the cross.

Bu the way I have never meet a perfect preacher yet.