Dake Bible Discussion BoardJoseph Prince teaches OSAS

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Joseph Prince teaches OSAS

Post by Ironman »

"Contrary to what some teach the resurrection of Jesus was not required for salvation to be made available. Salvation was made available by His death on the cross."

My opinion, If after Jesus died and if He never was not raised by the Father on the third day, then the entire Bible can be thrown into the bin and we are doomed! For He said;

"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." (Matt. 12:40).

The Pharisies did everything they could to prevent this from happening, and convince people that it would not happen, because they knew that If Jesus rose from the dead, He was truly the Christ.

"Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate, Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again. Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first." (Matt. 27:62-64).

Jesus went into Hell, in the center of the Earth and spoke to Spirits in prison, ("And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day." Jude 1:6; "And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it." Coll. 2:15), . . . Probably to tell them He now had the keys to Hell, and thats where they would stay untill the last great day!

"By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;" (1 Peter 3:19).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Ironman wrote:
"Contrary to what some teach the resurrection of Jesus was not required for salvation to be made available. Salvation was made available by His death on the cross."

My opinion, If after Jesus died and if He never was not raised by the Father on the third day, then the entire Bible can be thrown into the bin and we are doomed! For He said;

"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." (Matt. 12:40).

The Pharisies did everything they could to prevent this from happening, and convince people that it would not happen, because they knew that If Jesus rose from the dead, He was truly the Christ.

"Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate, Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again. Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first." (Matt. 27:62-64).

Jesus went into Hell, in the center of the Earth and spoke to Spirits in prison, ("And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day." Jude 1:6; "And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it." Coll. 2:15), . . . Probably to tell them He now had the keys to Hell, and thats where they would stay untill the last great day!

"By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;" (1 Peter 3:19).

You are quite right the resurrection was very necessary to validate what Jesus had said. But our salvation was purchased by Jesus blood on the cross. Without His resurrection there would have been no proof of the His victory over death.
And yes Jesus did descend into hell to preach not to be tortured as many suggest.
There is a reason Jesus said it is finished from the cross. That reason was Jesus had accomplished what God has sent him to earth for to pay our ransom for sin. It was finished there on the cross, the rest is needed icing on the cake so to speak. But very important nonetheless.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

AMEN MACCA. :angel: :angel:
HOW ANYONE COULD EVEN TRY TO SAY THAT JESUS DID NOT HAVE TO BE RAISED THAT IT WAS NOT PART OF THE GOSPEL AND THE PLAN OF GOD.....READ JOHN2:19FF WHAT ONE OF THE MAIN ACCUSATIONS POINTED AT THE LORD???ILL DESTROY THIS TEMPLE AND IN THREE DAYS I WILL RAISE IT UP!!!!IT WAS SAID AT HIS TRAIL.IT WAS CAST IN HIS DIVINE BLESSED FACE BY REVILERS WHEN HE WAS ON THE CROSS...IF WE NOTICE IT COMES UP IN THE BOOK OF ACTS!!!!!!OBVIOUSLY ..... :|

I SUGGEST GETTING A CHILD TO READ 1 CORINTHIANS 15 TO ALL DOUBTERS. +pieface
macca wrote:
inpursuit wrote:Been a while since I posted on the board. I have to put in my two cents worth. We must caution on accepting the heretical doctrine of the Word of Faithers who espouse the error that Jesus went into he'll to serve punishment as a sinner at the hand of satan. He went into he'll but His stay was in Paradise where he met with the believers who were being held captive there. Hence the Word says He lead captivity captivity captive. Many of whom were seen for 40 days in and about Jerusalem.

Paul taught us what the Gospel is in that he said I preach Christ and I preach Christ crucified. Again we must be cautious of what we preach. He said in Gal. 1:6-9, (I paraphrase), that if they preach any gospel other than that which he preached you are to be accursed. Verse 9 is a repeat of the warning which thoroughly convinces me the Holy Spirit wanted to make certain we follow His instructions which he gave through Paul the Apostle.

The sin debt was paid in full when Jesus rendered his spirit into God's hands. The Law was fulfilled. The Old Covenant was set aside and fully replaced by the New Covenant. Contrary to what some teach the resurrection of Jesus was not required for salvation to be made available. Salvation was made available by His death on the cross. The resurrection guarantees us of our resurrection in that day as it demonstrates His complete dominion over death and the grave

Never forget preach the cross and what Jesus there did. Any modification of that straight forward message will be another gospel.

You sell Paul and his gospel short Bill.
1. Cor. 15:1-7;
Moreover, brethren, I declare to you THE GOSPEL which i preached to you, which also you receive and IN WHICH YOU STAND.
BY WHICH ALSO YOU ARE SAVED, IF YOU HOLD FAST THAT WORD which I preached to you - unless you believed in vain.
For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: That Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures,
and that He was buried, and THAT HE ROSE AGAIN THE THIRD DAY according to the scriptures, and that He was seen...etc

You also sell Peter and the Holy Spirit short.
Acts. 10:34-48;
And we are witnesses of all things which He did both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem,
whom they killed by hanging on a tree.
Him God RAISED UP ON THE THIRD DAY, and showed Him openly.

Salvation came after the gospel was preached, all of it, not what you and others perceive to be enough.

that is the gospel, not your watered down sop from hell.

macca

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

WHAT A WONDERFUL POST OF TRUTH HAZ!!!!!!! :turn-l: :Fade-color :scatter:

Ironman wrote:

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

branham1965 wrote:AMEN MACCA. :angel: :angel:
HOW ANYONE COULD EVEN TRY TO SAY THAT JESUS DID NOT HAVE TO BE RAISED THAT IT WAS NOT PART OF THE GOSPEL AND THE PLAN OF GOD.....READ JOHN2:19FF WHAT ONE OF THE MAIN ACCUSATIONS POINTED AT THE LORD???ILL DESTROY THIS TEMPLE AND IN THREE DAYS I WILL RAISE IT UP!!!!IT WAS SAID AT HIS TRAIL.IT WAS CAST IN HIS DIVINE BLESSED FACE BY REVILERS WHEN HE WAS ON THE CROSS...IF WE NOTICE IT COMES UP IN THE BOOK OF ACTS!!!!!!OBVIOUSLY ..... :|

I SUGGEST GETTING A CHILD TO READ 1 CORINTHIANS 15 TO ALL DOUBTERS. +pieface
macca wrote:
inpursuit wrote:Been a while since I posted on the board. I have to put in my two cents worth. We must caution on accepting the heretical doctrine of the Word of Faithers who espouse the error that Jesus went into he'll to serve punishment as a sinner at the hand of satan. He went into he'll but His stay was in Paradise where he met with the believers who were being held captive there. Hence the Word says He lead captivity captivity captive. Many of whom were seen for 40 days in and about Jerusalem.

Paul taught us what the Gospel is in that he said I preach Christ and I preach Christ crucified. Again we must be cautious of what we preach. He said in Gal. 1:6-9, (I paraphrase), that if they preach any gospel other than that which he preached you are to be accursed. Verse 9 is a repeat of the warning which thoroughly convinces me the Holy Spirit wanted to make certain we follow His instructions which he gave through Paul the Apostle.

The sin debt was paid in full when Jesus rendered his spirit into God's hands. The Law was fulfilled. The Old Covenant was set aside and fully replaced by the New Covenant. Contrary to what some teach the resurrection of Jesus was not required for salvation to be made available. Salvation was made available by His death on the cross. The resurrection guarantees us of our resurrection in that day as it demonstrates His complete dominion over death and the grave

Never forget preach the cross and what Jesus there did. Any modification of that straight forward message will be another gospel.

You sell Paul and his gospel short Bill.
1. Cor. 15:1-7;
Moreover, brethren, I declare to you THE GOSPEL which i preached to you, which also you receive and IN WHICH YOU STAND.
BY WHICH ALSO YOU ARE SAVED, IF YOU HOLD FAST THAT WORD which I preached to you - unless you believed in vain.
For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: That Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures,
and that He was buried, and THAT HE ROSE AGAIN THE THIRD DAY according to the scriptures, and that He was seen...etc

You also sell Peter and the Holy Spirit short.
Acts. 10:34-48;
And we are witnesses of all things which He did both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem,
whom they killed by hanging on a tree.
Him God RAISED UP ON THE THIRD DAY, and showed Him openly.

Salvation came after the gospel was preached, all of it, not what you and others perceive to be enough.

that is the gospel, not your watered down sop from hell.

macca

Billy
No one is saying Jesus did not have to rise again. We are just saying our salvation was provided for by the work of the cross. Jesus resurrection was victory over death that held both the righteous and sinner alike. With the resurrection we no longer are held in Hades but upon death of a saint we immediately go into the presence of Christ. Both were required to get us to heaven. We need cleaned from sin, freed for the law, and freed from the hold of death. Jesus death on the cross provided for all of that and the resurrection was the open display of the victory.

Anyone that tries to add to that simply doesn't understand the sacrificial system displayed in the Old Testament, doesn't understand blood covenants and doesn't fully understand the New Covenant.

In the Old Testament everything was predicated on the Blood; The blood of the Passover, the blood that purified the priest, the blood of the sacrifice, the blood poured out in the circumcision. It is a tutor to teach us that only the blood of the sacrifice will atone for our sin. The problem was in the Old Testament none of the sacrifices were perfect and all were temporal. However Jesus the perfect sacrifice and He is Eternal so our sacrifice lives forever that atoned for our sin.

What is the focus of communion the ordinance that Christ Himself gave us? Is it the arrest? The cross? The resurrection?
No it is His body broken for us and HIS BLOOD! Why did Jesus highlight that and none of these other things? It wasn't that they aren't important but it was all about the sacrifice of the perfect sacrifice that pay for our sins, freed us from sin and gave us victory over death via resurrection. With Jesus being the first of that resurrection.

1 Corinthians 15:20-23 (NKJV)
20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.
23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming.

Firstfruit of what? The annihilation of sin by the work of the cross for all men that will accept Christ as Lord of their lives and live for Him.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

ED

YOU HAVE BEEN SPOUTING THAT MESS SINCE I MET YOU.1 COR 15 IF CHRIST IS NOT RAISED YOUR FAITH IS WORTHLESS.ANYONE MINIMIZING THE RESURRECTION IS A FALSE TEACHER.

IF YOU ARE IN THE PULPIT WHEREVER IT IS YOU SHOULD STEP DOWN.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

branham1965 wrote:ED

YOU HAVE BEEN SPOUTING THAT MESS SINCE I MET YOU.1 COR 15 IF CHRIST IS NOT RAISED YOUR FAITH IS WORTHLESS.ANYONE MINIMIZING THE RESURRECTION IS A FALSE TEACHER.

IF YOU ARE IN THE PULPIT WHEREVER IT IS YOU SHOULD STEP DOWN.
I do not minimize the resurrection but I do hold it in proper perspective with the work of the cross.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" (Hebrews 9:27).

Every one must die, but unless God interveens, not one person can predict they will rise from the dead exactly three days and nights after death! This proves beyond doubt He is who He said He was, the Christ, and He achieved what He came to do!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Post by cpbeller »

at least that would give you time to die from a disease...so you could fulfill your own prophecy over yourself...

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

After Jesus was raised by the Father through the Holy Spirit He appeared to His disciples and said; ""Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."(Luke 24:39).

Now Jesus has a glorified flesh and bone body, and flesh and bone as far as we know includes / requires blood unless Jesus was kidding?