Dake Bible Discussion BoardJoseph Prince teaches OSAS

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Joseph Prince teaches OSAS

Post by branham1965 »

the reason the terms "flesh and bone" is used from Luke 24:39.

1 Cor 15:50 "now this i say brethren that flesh flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."
the Body of the Lord had been changed in the Resurrection.
see 2 Cor 5 and Philippians 3:21.

Ironman wrote:After Jesus was raised by the Father through the Holy Spirit He appeared to His disciples and said; ""Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."(Luke 24:39).

Now Jesus has a glorified flesh and bone body, and flesh and bone as far as we know includes / requires blood unless Jesus was kidding?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:the reason the terms "flesh and bone" is used from Luke 24:39.

1 Cor 15:50 "now this i say brethren that flesh flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."
the Body of the Lord had been changed in the Resurrection.
see 2 Cor 5 and Philippians 3:21.

Ironman wrote:After Jesus was raised by the Father through the Holy Spirit He appeared to His disciples and said; ""Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."(Luke 24:39).

Now Jesus has a glorified flesh and bone body, and flesh and bone as far as we know includes / requires blood unless Jesus was kidding?
Jesus now had a glorified flesh and bone body as we shall have when we are rapture, or die and are raised, and enter into heaven.

Jesus still has all the scars on His glorified flesh and bone body to remind us and furure generations of what He went through for mankind.

"And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends." (Zech. 13:6).

"For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones."(Eph. 5:30).

"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory." (1 Cor. 15:52-54).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Post by cpbeller »

yes, Haz...when I realized that He would have those scars forever, it shocked me. But then, you realize what those scars truly are...the marks of the New Covenant. Goosebumps to the bone...

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

cpbeller wrote:yes, Haz...when I realized that He would have those scars forever, it shocked me. But then, you realize what those scars truly are...the marks of the New Covenant. Goosebumps to the bone...
Praise God!!!! Goosebumps (2)

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Billy quoted;
"1 Cor 15:50 "now this i say brethren that flesh flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."
the Body of the Lord had been changed in the Resurrection."

Yes, the body and blood of the Lord has changed. Jesus's body is now a scarred but glorified flesh and bone body as stated here!

"Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have." (Luke 24:39). If Jesus has a flesh and bone body as He Himself stated, flesh then He must have a heart and His heart pumps blood through His body. He also mentiones His heart in Gen. 6:6.

Who created everything? The Word who became flesh created everything.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." (John 1:1-3).

And it repented the Lord that He made man!

"And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his HEART," (Gen. 6:6). Now if The Lord says it repented Him that He created man to HIS HEART! then I believe He has a heart and therefore blood!

God has a heart, we are made in His image and likeness and we also have a heart. If there was no blood there would be no need for a heart! The two go together. We will also be transformed as Jesus was transformed and we will have glorified flesh and bone bodies as Jesus has.

"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."(1 Cor. 15:52-53). We shall live forever, be immortal as Jesus is.

Jesus is the first begotten of the dead to be raised incorruptable, we are to follow.

"And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and THE FIRST BEGOTTEN OF THE DEAD, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood," (Rev. 1:5).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?