Dake Bible Discussion BoardKeys of Death and Hades

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Keys of Death and Hades

Post by Justaned »

Revelation 1:17-18 (NKJV)
17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.
18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

It seems like valid scripture points tend get lost in discussions or go unnoticed in many discussion. So I thought the Keys of Death and Hell warranted it's own thread.

So I started this thread so we can discuss who has ultimate control.

First points of discussion.

Who presntly holds the Keys of Death and Hades?

What does that mean?

Who was holding the Keys when Satan wanted to kill Job?

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Re: Keys of Death and Hades

Post by victoryword »

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live (Deut. 30:19)

Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. (Prov. 18:21)

Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel? (Eze. 33:11)

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

victoryword wrote:I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live (Deut. 30:19)

Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. (Prov. 18:21)

Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel? (Eze. 33:11)
So to answer the question Who has the Keys of Death and Hades your answer is?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
victoryword wrote:I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live (Deut. 30:19)

Hi Ed,

I agree with Victoryword and would add Jesus has the keys:

Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

And HE gave us the keys to us to exercise authority with as well:

Matthew 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:

Hi Ed,

Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Matthew 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Two different sets of keys. Two very different meanings or applications.
And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven
means Jesus is giving entrance of Peter into heaven. The keys of death and hades means the holder has control of death and hades.

Also if you look at Matt 16:19 you will see Jesus is not talking to everyone, he is talking directly to Peter.Matthew 16:16-20 (NKJV)
16 Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
17 Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
20 Then He commanded His disciples that they should tell no one that He was Jesus the Christ.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:

Hi Ed,

means Jesus is giving entrance of Peter into heaven. The keys of death and hades means the holder has control of death and hades.

Also if you look at Matt 16:19 you will see Jesus is not talking to everyone, he is talking directly to Peter.Matthew 16:16-20 (NKJV)
16 Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
17 Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
20 Then He commanded His disciples that they should tell no one that He was Jesus the Christ.
Here is an example of being told to use the key that unlocks death.

Matthew 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:

Hi Ed,

8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
This is spoken to the disciples not to every Christian believer and it isn't unlocking death, every person mentioned here died. Keys of death controls death and those keys are in the hands of My Lord Jesus Christ who died on the cross for me and overcame death and hades.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:

Hi Ed,

This is spoken to the disciples not to every Christian believer and it isn't unlocking death, every person mentioned here died. Keys of death controls death and those keys are in the hands of My Lord Jesus Christ who died on the cross for me and overcame death and hades.

Hi Ed,

Above you said: "This is spoken to the disciples not to every Christian believer..."

Maybe it would be easier if you could tell us what Scriptures if any... or for us today?

God bless
Leon Bible

Watchman2013
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by Watchman2013 »

Great thread, Justaned!

To put my two cents in, I'd have to say I agree with you. When Our Lord and Savior spoke to Peter, it was long before the time Our Lord revealed to John what was to come... As has been said by worldly men, "Timing is everything." Christ Jesus has the Keyes of Death and Hades...

Maranatha

Watchman2013

"Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.
Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:

Hi Ed,

Hi Ed,

Above you said: "This is spoken to the disciples not to every Christian believer..."

Maybe it would be easier if you could tell us what Scriptures if any... or for us today?
The problem here Jesus is giving his disciple's specific instructions for a specific task. We can't take those specific instructions and assume they are ours also.

There are many cases was where Jesus wasn't giving specific instructions to specific people that are for us. But there are also times he spoke specific instructions to specific people.

We don't presume to set people down on a mountain side in an orderly fashion and taking 7 loaves of bread and a few little fish and trying to feed 4000 Matt 15:38.

So why do we want to take these specific instructions as something for us?

Likewise we don't set down 5000 and try to feed them with 5 loaves and 2 fishes Matt 14:19.