Dake Bible Discussion BoardLiteral or not?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Literal or not?

Post by Ironman »

Justaned wrote:You know Macca I was reading in the 5th chapter of the Hezekiah verse 20-29 and it talks about Paul the Lion fighter. :mrgreen:

Apparently he was well known and in such demand that he traveled the middle east three different times before his fame became so great that Nero demanded his appearance in Rome. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately for Paul he lost a few matches that Nero has bet big on him and Nero in a rage had Paul beheaded.

Little is mentioned about Paul's lion fighting prowess other than this brief mention in Hezekiah. :mrgreen:
So, what bible do you use?
You are joking arn't you? If not, Sorry mate, but there is no book of Hezekiah in God's Word, the bible. The book of hezekiah is often cited as a joke because it sounds biblical but doesn't actually exist.
However, it should be pointed out that there is a book called Hezekiah available on Amazon.com

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Literal or not?

Post by Ironman »

billy, "think of all those Christians killed by Rome.but Paul is now a wild beast and lion killer!!!!!
perhaps"

He even went ferel pig hunting with nothing but his dog and a knife on his days off! just like Haz did!! +goofy :mrgreen:

Like macca said, God gave Paul all he needed to carry on God's work. Paul had no illness,no eye problems, he did have a messenger from Satan to buffet him, (2 Cor. 12:7), and God gave him the strength to over come everything, including a deadly viper!

"And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand. And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live. And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm. Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god." (Acts 28:3-6).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?