Dake Bible Discussion BoardANTI-DISPENSTIONALISTS

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
brodave

Re: ANTI-DISPENSTIONALISTS

Post by brodave »

Thank God victory over sin is simple. Gal. 5:16 Walk in the Spirit, and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh. When I spend time every day praying in the Holy Spirit I am more aware of my weakness in my flesh and am quick to subdue it. I don't have the 1050 commands memorized , but I enjoy reading through them, and the Holy Spirit brings them to my memory.I still pray for forgiveness if I have sinned in some way and I'm sure I have.I am not worried about losing my salvation , My faith is in Jesus Christ my Lord.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Really it does.
The Lord DOES NOT need a single human creed book or anything else to reveal the truth.
Jesus promised to lead the Apostles into all the truth.John 14-16.
Paul teaches in 1 Corinthians 2 that the Spirit revealed the truth to Paul "which things also we (the Apostles)speak not in WORDS which mans wisdom teacheth but which the Spirit teacheth combining spiritual things with spiritual WORDS."/ ASV 1901/In 1 Thessalonians 2 Paul says again "and for this cause we thank God without ceasing that when ye received from us (the Apostles)the word of the message even the word of God ye accepted it not as the word of men but as it is in truth the word of God which also worketh in you that believe."
Look at the Lord Jesus praying praying in John 17 verse 17-26 He says in verse 20 "Neither for these only do i pray but for them that believeth on me through their(the Apostles) WORD."
Finally "we are of God :he that knoweth God HEARETH US (the Apostles)he that is not of God HEARETH US NOT.hereby know we the spirit of truth and the spirit of error." 1 John 4:6.KJV
I affirm that one can read the New Testament Scriptures ALONE and find therein:
1.how to be saved from sin
2.how to live properly and worship God acceptibly
3.how to go to Heaven when we die
dolph wrote:The Holy Spirit convicts us of sin, righteousness and judgment. He is our coach/mentor in how to live moment to moment.

He who is led by the Spirit of God, he is a son of God.

And every time we commit a sin the Holy Spirit will convict us and we should confess it to God and He is faithful and true to forgive us of that sin and cleanse us of all unrighteousness, I John 1:9.

Dake makes it very clear in GPFM, P. 339-347.

Billy, a simple reading of the N.T. doesn't make this issue clear, their seems to be contradictions between verses and that is why God provided the Church with teachers like Dr. Dake. Read the pages above and see if you don't agree with him.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

dolph wrote:
brodave wrote:Thank God victory over sin is simple. Gal. 5:16 Walk in the Spirit, and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh. When I spend time every day praying in the Holy Spirit I am more aware of my weakness in my flesh and am quick to subdue it. I don't have the 1050 commands memorized , but I enjoy reading through them, and the Holy Spirit brings them to my memory.I still pray for forgiveness if I have sinned in some way and I'm sure I have.I am not worried about losing my salvation , My faith is in Jesus Christ my Lord.
I agree, brodave, and I wonder how many folks calling themselves Christians are walking in the Spirit??? or, confessing their sins after they commit them?? 5% ??
Dolph
The percentage would be closer to 0%. Who among us has not committed a sin of omission and never realized it.
If you believe you have to do something to be forgiven then you believe in salvation through works and have departed from Grace alone.

The question is does the blood of Jesus cover our sins and does His death pay the price of sin or not?

If our sins are covered by the blood then they are covered and don't need to be mentioned again. If the price of sinning is death and the death of a sacrifice is payment of that sin and Jesus was our eternal sacrifice then the price of sin has been paid.

The only requirement I see in scripture is we must believe that Jesus was the Messiah, the propitiation for our sin and not only our sins but the sins of the world.

If you put your trust of your salvation in your repentance, or asking for forgiveness, then it isn't the Work of the Cross you depend in but your ability to access God's forgiveness yourself.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i hear you REVED. :angel: :angel: :angel:

there is a continual cleansing from all sin for the born again believer as he walks in the light.... not if he is in darkness and says he is in the light .we must be in the LIGHT OF JESUS CHRIST note John 1 and then 1 John 1-2.
thats from Gods inspired Apostle and best friend ....John the Beloved. :|

Justaned wrote:
dolph wrote:
brodave wrote:Thank God victory over sin is simple. Gal. 5:16 Walk in the Spirit, and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh. When I spend time every day praying in the Holy Spirit I am more aware of my weakness in my flesh and am quick to subdue it. I don't have the 1050 commands memorized , but I enjoy reading through them, and the Holy Spirit brings them to my memory.I still pray for forgiveness if I have sinned in some way and I'm sure I have.I am not worried about losing my salvation , My faith is in Jesus Christ my Lord.
I agree, brodave, and I wonder how many folks calling themselves Christians are walking in the Spirit??? or, confessing their sins after they commit them?? 5% ??
Dolph
The percentage would be closer to 0%. Who among us has not committed a sin of omission and never realized it.
If you believe you have to do something to be forgiven then you believe in salvation through works and have departed from Grace alone.

The question is does the blood of Jesus cover our sins and does His death pay the price of sin or not?

If our sins are covered by the blood then they are covered and don't need to be mentioned again. If the price of sinning is death and the death of a sacrifice is payment of that sin and Jesus was our eternal sacrifice then the price of sin has been paid.

The only requirement I see in scripture is we must believe that Jesus was the Messiah, the propitiation for our sin and not only our sins but the sins of the world.

If you put your trust of your salvation in your repentance, or asking for forgiveness, then it isn't the Work of the Cross you depend in but your ability to access God's forgiveness yourself.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

dolph wrote:But still, shouldn't we try and confess as many sins as the Holy Spirit brings to our attention? I would say , yes.

I would say yes also. However once we are saved does the Holy Spirit remind us of our sins to convict us of our need for salvation or to teach us how He the Holy Spirit is part of our thinking as a new man in Christ?

Example someone cuts us off in traffic and we lose our temper and react in way unbecoming of a Christian. We sin. I don't believe our salvation is lost at that moment nor do I think what the Holy Spirit does by convicting us of that sin is to pull us back into salvation. I believe it is the Holy Spirit's way of teaching us. To teach us compassion, patience, forgiveness. To make us more like Christ not to keep us saved.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

No dolph its there. i can tell you didnt understand a single word i wrote in my post.the APOSTLES taught the truth to us because the Church is built upon the foundation of the APOSTLES cf Eph 2:20..the teachings became the written Epistles revered and studied by believers in the first and second Century. :Fade-color

James it talks about faith with corresponding actions = meaning the person believed and then rendered obedience to God.Abraham could have believed until he died.without corresponding actions he would never have been blessed.thus manifesting the saving faith that Saint Paul taught and died for."but now is made manifest and by the scriptures of the prophets according to the commandment of the everlasting God made known to all nations FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FAITH."
Acts 6:7 says "and the Word of God increased;and the number of disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly;and a great company of the priests :scatter: WERE OBEDIENT TO THE FAITH."

Believers who commit sin ARE COMMANDED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT THROUGH JOHN 1 John 1-2 to confess their sins to God and be forgiven.
the choice believe the Apostle John or believe modern popular teachers who deny the plain teaching of Holy Writ.

Paul calls it obedience of faith.
dolph wrote:I wonder what the icons of the faith believed on this issue, ie., should a Christian confess his sins as they happen, when someone cuts you off when you are driving, for example, and you call him a name. Wouldn't the reverse of James 1:9 also be true? If we don't confess our sins then we won't be forgiven of our sins.

On the other hand, didn't Paul say that it was impossible to keep the O.T. law? But still, shouldn't we try and confess as many sins as the Holy Spirit brings to our attention? I would say , yes.

Billy, have you torn James out of your Bible??

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

we are under the perfect law of liberty James 1:25.we are to speak as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty.James 2:12.
we are under the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus Romans 8.

our liberty is in Christ ...Gal 2:4,5:1;13.we are to walk and live in love 1 Cor 13. :rainbow1: :Fade-color

brodave

Post by brodave »

1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Why would we not confess known sins?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i forgot :morning: :morning: :morning: to add that it is THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST Romans 1:16 that Christians are under today.THE GOSPEL.

THE GOSPEL in anglo-saxon means godspel which means good tidings or Godstory.
"..and brought life and immortality to light through the GOSPEL." 2 Tim 1:10.nasb 1977
'...in flaming fire rendering vengeance to them that know not God and to them that OBEY NOT THE GOSPEL OF OUR LORD JESUS...asv1901
THE GOSPEL.
look up the word in a concordance.we are not in the 1.Patriarchal Age or the 2.Mosaic-Jewish Age
BUT WE ARE IN THE 3.CHRISTIAN AGE UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF JESUS CHRIST and this Age conntinues until the end of the world.1 Cor 15:22ff.
branham1965 wrote:we are under the perfect law of liberty James 1:25.we are to speak as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty.James 2:12.
we are under the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus Romans 8.

our liberty is in Christ ...Gal 2:4,5:1;13.we are to walk and live in love 1 Cor 13. :rainbow1: :Fade-color

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

brodave wrote:1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Why would we not confess known sins?
I don't think there is any question that we should repent for known sins. I think what is at issue is how committed sins effect our salvation.

I don't think anyone is denying that intentional sin is wrong or for that matter that any sin is wrong. What is being questioned is that one sin as we are told by scripture makes us guilty of the whole Law does that mean we have lost salvation.

The quick easy answer is yes and until you confess it and repent it could prevent you from going to heaven. I think many people will readily agree to that, and has been the major battle cry of the preaching on backslidding.

However it becomes a lot more sticky and harder to answer in dogmatic way when we talk of an unintentional sin of ommission.

Again sin is sin and one sin is as bad as another so does it mean if we unintentionally commit a sin of omission and neglect to repent of it because we are unaware does that mean we have lost our salvation?

Many will say no, but again we must consider sin as sin and if someone believes one sin can prevent you from going to heaven how do the justify saying another sin does not?