Dake Bible Discussion BoardChristian Unity

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Re: Christian Unity

Post by macca »

Unity at the expense of the truth of the word of God is of the devil.
Look at Jesus's ministry over those 3 years and show me
where he compromised the truth to please anyone?
I do not believe Paul ever watered down his gospel to
Please anyone, the oppersite i find in his leters.
He withstood Peter to his face because Peter compromised
the gospel.
There should be more of it.
I agree with Dake on this.

Macca

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

macca wrote:Unity at the expense of the truth of the word of God is of the devil.
the gospel.

Macca
I totally agree that unity at the expense of the truth of the word of God is of the devil.

That said I have to question why two groups both claiming Christianity, real faith and a hunger and desire for the truth of God can using the same scriptures come to opposing conclusions on that scripture.

Surely this was never God's intention so how does it happen? Is it because we know how to read the word of God and they don't?

Or is it because God loves us more than He does them so he leads us to the truth and not them?

Or

Is it because we enter into the doctrine we so ridgidly cling to with a preconceived bias?

That bias may be they are wrong and I need to find the truth. Or that is not logical to me so it has to be wrong. Or it doesn't sound good to me. Or that is not what I want to hear. Or that is not what I heard before.

All of these can effect how we react to doctrine.

The problem is scripture is not a contradiction, it is not a work of confusion that must be sorted out. Every time we find ourselves in difference of opinion over doctrine if we really want to know the truth we must explore why that difference exists. And can simply dismiss it by waving our hands saying they are deceived and I'm not.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

I am fully convinced that Christians will NEVER BE AT PEACE.NEVER.

the AG is no good.this ones no good.that ones off center.they do this wrong.they arent as smart as i am and the NONSENSE goes on and on and on.....it gets so tiresome.so old.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote: I totally agree and I didn't mention this link to suggest the AG was right or the proper example. What I wanted everyone to focus on was the illustration of how divided Christianity was.
Hi Ed,

Sounds to me like the Assemblies of God really needs to get its act together according to brother Woods. It is strange that such a powerful church that was birthed in Pentecost and Christian love, could now be so divided and needing this kind of correction buy their leader.

One thing struck me as I heard him mention that the AG members needed to agree on the core doctrines and the Statement of Beliefs... I thought about you Ed and how you have left those beliefs.

After hearing this do you feel the need to return to those beliefs as stated in your Church Statement of Beliefs?

This would be a wonderful step for you and your church in consideration of what brother Woods is calling for.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

dolph wrote:
Justaned wrote:
macca wrote:Unity at the expense of the truth of the word of God is of the devil.
the gospel.

Macca
I totally agree that unity at the expense of the truth of the word of God is of the devil.

That said I have to question why two groups both claiming Christianity, real faith and a hunger and desire for the truth of God can using the same scriptures come to opposing conclusions on that scripture.

Surely this was never God's intention so how does it happen? Is it because we know how to read the word of God and they don't?

Or is it because God loves us more than He does them so he leads us to the truth and not them?

Or

Is it because we enter into the doctrine we so ridgidly cling to with a preconceived bias?

That bias may be they are wrong and I need to find the truth. Or that is not logical to me so it has to be wrong. Or it doesn't sound good to me. Or that is not what I want to hear. Or that is not what I heard before.

All of these can effect how we react to doctrine.

The problem is scripture is not a contradiction, it is not a work of confusion that must be sorted out. Every time we find ourselves in difference of opinion over doctrine if we really want to know the truth we must explore why that difference exists. And can simply dismiss it by waving our hands saying they are deceived and I'm not.
Seriously, Ed, the reason their are so many opposing views on doctrine is that only 5% of folks are true thinkers, another 5% think once in awhile, and the rest would rather die than think.
dolph
This time I will have to agree with you. Critical thinking among Christians appears to be dead.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

The one that is right?
Is the one that has not screwed the teaching of the bible to his beliefs.
Jesus said "a little leven effects the whole eventually"
Once you accommodate the word of God to appease people you are finished.
The anointing lifts and you are on your own and open to deception of demons.
The church needs to return to teaching the plain word of God as boring as it sounds to new-thing junkies, it is the only way.
As Jesus "The Word of God" stated "I Am the way. the Truth" He only spoke as what His Father said to say. the Word of God is truth, nothing else.

macca

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:The one that is right?
Is the one that has not screwed the teaching of the bible to his beliefs.
Jesus said "a little leven effects the whole eventually"
Once you accommodate the word of God to appease people you are finished.
The anointing lifts and you are on your own and open to deception of demons.
The church needs to return to teaching the plain word of God as boring as it sounds to new-thing junkies, it is the only way.
As Jesus "The Word of God" stated "I Am the way. the Truth" He only spoke as what His Father said to say. the Word of God is truth, nothing else.

macca
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Here's the scary bit that should keep us all in check;

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins," (Hebrews 10:26).

"We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error." (1 John 4:6);

"This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth." (1 John 5:6).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

I don't know why it is assumed that unity is the same thing as uniformity.
There's no reason why Christians can't have honest differences of opinion on matters not essential to salvation.
Paul and Barnabas didn't agree and went their separate ways. But nothing indicates that they were no longer brothers in Christ. See Dake's comments on the passage where they split up.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

fatherfisher wrote:I don't know why it is assumed that unity is the same thing as uniformity.
There's no reason why Christians can't have honest differences of opinion on matters not essential to salvation.
Paul and Barnabas didn't agree and went their separate ways. But nothing indicates that they were no longer brothers in Christ. See Dake's comments on the passage where they split up.
I agree but unity is not when Baptist say speaking in tongues is of Satan, and Protestants call Catholics the lost. Unity is not when Homosexuals stand in the pulpit of one church and are preached against from the pulpit of another.
For that matter we don't treat each others like brothers in Christ on this forum and I assume all follow Christ as Lord and Savior. In fact most don't even believe they should love their enemy.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Just noticed something.

Who do you think this is?

Barack Obama or AG Superintendent Wood?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note