Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHO WAS GREATER: MOSES OR PAUL

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: WHO WAS GREATER: MOSES OR PAUL

Post by branham1965 »

"and they sing the Song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb saying Great and marvellous are thy works ,Lord God Almighty just and true are thy ways thou King of saints.who shall not fear thee O Lord and glorify thy name?for thou only art holy for all nations shall come and worship before thee;for the judgments are made manifest."

Revelation 15:3-4

Paul is the greatest Apostle.

graceforme
Hosea

Post by graceforme »

dolph wrote:I think it's to close to call. What say you?
The first thing to consider is that Moses and Paul had different agendas and were used by God for different purposes during different dispensations. Moses was all about the Law. Paul was all about God's grace. Moses led the Israelites and Paul's focus was to lead the Gentiles to a saving knowledge of the grace of God to salvation. Paul was killed in prison for his committment to Jesus Christ. Moses was denied entrance into the Promised Land because he disobeyed God's instruction once.

They were each great men of God, just for different dispensations and to different groups of people.

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance" Psalm 33:12

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i understand the seven dispensations as

1.innocence
2.conscience
3.human government
4.promise
5.law
6.grace
7.divine government-the Millennium

graceforme
Hosea

Post by graceforme »

branham1965 wrote:i understand the seven dispensations as

1.innocence
2.conscience
3.human government
4.promise
5.law
6.grace
7.divine government-the Millennium

1) Dispensation of Innocence - Before the fall of man to the fall of man
2) Dispensation of Conscience - From the fall of man to Noah (Man's conscience was the issue)
3) Dispensation of Human government - From Noah to Abraham
4) Dispensation of Promise - Adam to Moses (Encompasses conscience and government) Death reigned (Romans 5:14) Includes Abraham
5) Dispensation of Law - From Moses to Christ (sin reigned) Gal. 3:19, Rom. 3:20, John 1:17
6) Dispensation of Grace - Begins with the Apostle Paul (Acts 9) and ends at the second coming of Christ. Jew/Gentile - no difference. Eph. 3:2, Rom. 3:20- 22. Longsuffering of God. Jesus Christ did not bring grace as a baby or during His earthly ministry. The Gospel of Grace was brought to the world
through revelation given to the Apostle Paul.
7) Dispensation of the Kingdom - 1,000 year reign of Christ. See Dan. 2:44 (refers to the millenial kingdom), and Deut. 11:21 (days of heaven upon earth).
8) Dispensation of the fullness of times - Gathering together realms of heaven and earth. Eph. 1:9-10.

Have a blessed day, my friend.

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance" Psalm 33:12

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

what does Reverend Dake say about point 6 Linda.

im not trying to fuss with you.you are a diamond.plus a genuine Buckeye from up North. :Fade-color

could you explain your position please???where do you differ from other Evangelicals as far as when this began and its implications.i used to try to get you immmersed :o :o :o ill not do that anymore friend.

i understand it is what Dr.Bullinger himself taught.

i wont even jaw ill listen. :crazyeyes:

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Not to be a wet blanket in this crowd. Let us be a bit cautious on this subject and the other who is your OT favorite.

I'm certain neither Paul or Moses would NOT condone this, they were servants of the most high God. Theirs was obedience not the seeking of fame. They obeyed the Living God and God not you or I will reward them. We should imitate their actions but we should not make the men themselves celebrities.

Think about this James 5:16-18 (NASB)
16 ...The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.
17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the earth for three years and six months.
18 Then he prayed again, and the sky poured rain and the earth produced its fruit.

Should we make a celebrity of Elijah or should we learn to pray as he did?

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

It depends on what measurement you use for greatness, I suppose, but I would say Paul. For all his greatness, Moses was disobedient as God's representative before the people and was barred from entering the Promised Land as a result. As I read about Paul's life and service, it seems to me that he was greater as an obedient servant of the Lord.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thats a great point REVED. :o
my son Michael Aaron 24 in Seattle :agrue: and i will fuss about who was the greatest actor and so on.
he is a rascal. :o
JESUS said it was the exact opposite in His Kingdom. :o
Justaned wrote:Not to be a wet blanket in this crowd. Let us be a bit cautious on this subject and the other who is your OT favorite.

I'm certain neither Paul or Moses would NOT condone this, they were servants of the most high God. Theirs was obedience not the seeking of fame. They obeyed the Living God and God not you or I will reward them. We should imitate their actions but we should not make the men themselves celebrities.

Think about this James 5:16-18 (NASB)
16 ...The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.
17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the earth for three years and six months.
18 Then he prayed again, and the sky poured rain and the earth produced its fruit.

Should we make a celebrity of Elijah or should we learn to pray as he did?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

why was his body hid father fisher????
actually 2 Angels fought over it!!!!
Jude.why did God hide it.
fatherfisher wrote:It depends on what measurement you use for greatness, I suppose, but I would say Paul. For all his greatness, Moses was disobedient as God's representative before the people and was barred from entering the Promised Land as a result. As I read about Paul's life and service, it seems to me that he was greater as an obedient servant of the Lord.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

branham1965 wrote:why was his body hid father fisher????
actually 2 Angels fought over it!!!!
Jude.why did God hide it.
fatherfisher wrote:It depends on what measurement you use for greatness, I suppose, but I would say Paul. For all his greatness, Moses was disobedient as God's representative before the people and was barred from entering the Promised Land as a result. As I read about Paul's life and service, it seems to me that he was greater as an obedient servant of the Lord.
Why was Satan interested in it if he didn't think he had a right to claim it due to the sins of Moses?

My guess would be that God didn't want the Israelites to bury Moses, or even know where he was buried specifically, for fear that they would honor him and make him a god in the way they had seen the Egyptians do it with their Pharaohs.