Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhen Christians Die of Cancer

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
DeafManHealing
Wrestle Not Against Flesh and Blood

Re: When Christians Die of Cancer

Post by DeafManHealing »

I think the story of Job was there for a good reason but too many people point to the Book of Job and literally miss what Jesus Christ told the parents of the blind man.

I hate it when people twist Scripture and put a vulnerable person in an even worse emotional or spiritual situation.

Here is John 9 in its entirety:

John 9
King James Version (KJV)
1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.

2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,

7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

8 The neighbours therefore, and they which before had seen him that he was blind, said, Is not this he that sat and begged?

9 Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he.

10 Therefore said they unto him, How were thine eyes opened?

11 He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight.

12 Then said they unto him, Where is he? He said, I know not.

13 They brought to the Pharisees him that aforetime was blind.

14 And it was the sabbath day when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes.

15 Then again the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. He said unto them, He put clay upon mine eyes, and I washed, and do see.

16 Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

17 They say unto the blind man again, What sayest thou of him, that he hath opened thine eyes? He said, He is a prophet.

18 But the Jews did not believe concerning him, that he had been blind, and received his sight, until they called the parents of him that had received his sight.

19 And they asked them, saying, Is this your son, who ye say was born blind? how then doth he now see?

20 His parents answered them and said, We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind:

21 But by what means he now seeth, we know not; or who hath opened his eyes, we know not: he is of age; ask him: he shall speak for himself.

22 These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue.

23 Therefore said his parents, He is of age; ask him.

24 Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.

25 He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.

26 Then said they to him again, What did he to thee? how opened he thine eyes?

27 He answered them, I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear it again? will ye also be his disciples?

28 Then they reviled him, and said, Thou art his disciple; but we are Moses' disciples.

29 We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow, we know not from whence he is.

30 The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.

31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

32 Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.

33 If this man were not of God, he could do nothing.

34 They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.

35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?

36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?

37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.

38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?

41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

DeafManHealing

Post by DeafManHealing »

Something I realized this morning, I did not ask to be Deaf neither did these Christians ask for cancer.

That still does not answer the difficult question of why some get healed, while anothers die. One of life's mysteries ?

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

DeafManHealing wrote:I think the story of Job was there for a good reason but too many people point to the Book of Job and literally miss what Jesus Christ told the parents of the blind man.

I hate it when people twist Scripture and put a vulnerable person in an even worse emotional or spiritual situation.

Here is John 9 in its entirety:

John 9
King James Version (KJV)
1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.

2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,

7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

8 The neighbours therefore, and they which before had seen him that he was blind, said, Is not this he that sat and begged?

9 Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he.

10 Therefore said they unto him, How were thine eyes opened?

11 He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight.

12 Then said they unto him, Where is he? He said, I know not.

13 They brought to the Pharisees him that aforetime was blind.

14 And it was the sabbath day when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes.

15 Then again the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. He said unto them, He put clay upon mine eyes, and I washed, and do see.

16 Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

17 They say unto the blind man again, What sayest thou of him, that he hath opened thine eyes? He said, He is a prophet.

18 But the Jews did not believe concerning him, that he had been blind, and received his sight, until they called the parents of him that had received his sight.

19 And they asked them, saying, Is this your son, who ye say was born blind? how then doth he now see?

20 His parents answered them and said, We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind:

21 But by what means he now seeth, we know not; or who hath opened his eyes, we know not: he is of age; ask him: he shall speak for himself.

22 These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue.

23 Therefore said his parents, He is of age; ask him.

24 Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.

25 He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.

26 Then said they to him again, What did he to thee? how opened he thine eyes?

27 He answered them, I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear it again? will ye also be his disciples?

28 Then they reviled him, and said, Thou art his disciple; but we are Moses' disciples.

29 We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow, we know not from whence he is.

30 The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.

31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

32 Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.

33 If this man were not of God, he could do nothing.

34 They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.

35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?

36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?

37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.

38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?

41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.
As best as I can tell Jesus never addressed the Parents of the Blind man.
Notice the blind man exhibited no faith before he was healed. Jesus healed him by virtue of Jesus was God and nothing is impossible with God.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

DeafManHealing wrote:Something I realized this morning, I did not ask to be Deaf neither did these Christians ask for cancer.

That still does not answer the difficult question of why some get healed, while anothers die. One of life's mysteries ?
It is only a mystery if you ponder it. If you have complete faith and trust in God you know He had a reason and that reason worked to their good. Now you might not see it or understand it but by faith you trust in God that it is true.

I believe those of us that are in Christ will not die one second sooner or one second later than God ordains. When our task of serving God is complete we will receive our reward instantly. So press on toward the mark and don't look to the right or left but keep you eye on the goal. Serve God with all you heart and everything else will false as nothing to you feet. Praise the Lord!

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

As I've mentioned previously, my wife is living with stage 4 cancer.
She believes God, and trusts him to heal her.
Implicit in that trust is the recognition that the exact manifestation of the healing is in his hands, not hers. She just trusts him one day at a time, in the confidence that his promise of healing is true and is for her.
Last edited by titus213 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

fatherfisher wrote:As I've mentioned previously, my wife is living with stage 4 cancer.
Implicit in that trust is the recognition that the exact manifestation of the healing is in his hands, not hers. She just trust him one day at a time, in the confidence that his promise of healing is true and is for her.
Since you said she is has prayed and is trusting in God for her healing I believe that her healing is on its way. Praise be to God who hears us, loves us and answers prayer.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

fatherfisher wrote:As I've mentioned previously, my wife is living with stage 4 cancer.
Implicit in that trust is the recognition that the exact manifestation of the healing is in his hands, not hers. She just trusts him one day at a time, in the confidence that his promise of healing is true and is for her.
Hi fatherfisher,

Let me say first of all that we share with you and your wife in her struggle with cancer. I know that has to be very difficult for her and you and of course your whole family.

I would encourage her to get into the Word of God as never before, to build her faith to the point of fully trusting God for her healing and freedom from the spirit of cancer.

In fact Dake said it better than I can.
How to Get Power from God over Sicknesses

Power from God to overcome sickness is on the same basis as power from God to overcome sin. Jesus taught that God has power to do both and that one power is just as easy to receive from God as another: “For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise and walk?” (Mt. 9:5). He further taught that conversion and bodily healing go hand in hand: “lest at any time they should . . . understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them” (Mt. 13:15). Paul and others taught the same truth (Acts 28:25-31; Jas. 5:14-16; Ps. 103:1-3; 2 Chron. 7:14; Exod. 15:26).

Every believer can get power from God over diseases. God gives every one of His children power when he receives the true Spirit baptism (Lk. 24:49; Acts 1:8; 2 Tim. 1:7-8; Jn. 14:12). This we shall see in Lessons Twenty, Twenty-two, and Thirty. Apart from receiving this baptism, faith is open to every child of God to get exactly what he wants, as we can see from all the promises. Faith is power, and the man that has faith has power. To the extent which a man has faith, he has power. That is, faith is the key that sets in motion the power of God.

There are degrees or measures of power, and it is equally true that God gives to every child of God a measure of faith and power which he can use to get what he needs in life. If one does not have delegated power to exercise at will, he can still have faith in God, which will set in motion all of Heaven to move on his behalf so that he can get exactly what he has faith for. As long as we limit God and His promises we shall be limited in results. If we will have unlimited and unqualified faith, we shall have unlimited and unqualified answers to prayer. That means we shall have power over sin and sicknesses of all kinds.

The early disciples were given power over all demons and diseases and they exercised this power before they were permanently endowed with power at Pentecost (Mt. 10:1-8; Mk. 3:15; 6:7-13; Lk. 9:1; 10:1-20). They were given power over all the power of the devil. God's kingdom is always in power, not in word only (1 Cor. 4:20). Is God's kingdom still in existence? Has it lost its power? If it has not, then everyone in the kingdom has access to the power that belongs to that kingdom. Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God to all who believe (1 Cor. 1:18-24). It is impossible to have Christ in the life without having access to power, because He is the power of God to the believer. The gospel is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes (Rom. 1:16). Salvation includes healing as well as forgiveness. If this be true, then the Gospel is the power of God to heal, and no man can truly believe the Gospel without believing in power to heal by the Gospel.

The way to get power to heal self and others is by believing in Christ according to the Gospel. This means that by faith in the promises each child of God can appropriate what he needs according to those promises. He can get healing by prayer and faith as simply and as quickly as he got forgiveness of sins or any other thing he ever received from God. Healing will come on the same basis as any other answer to prayer, so why not accept this truth and ask God in faith for the power of healing to be manifest in our bodies? If such is provided in the Gospel we might as well have it. Why be satisfied with anything less? Is it possible that we don't want to be healed? Is it possible that we would rather be sick and helpless? Certainly not! Then accept truth, which will make us free.

To be healthy, then, is within our grasp. It is in our power. God wants His saving health to be made known among all nations (Ps. 67:2). He has told us exactly how to have health. If we will practice literally the instructions of the following passages we shall have health: “Forget not my laws; but let thine heart [not mind only] keep my commandments: for length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee. Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: so shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the first fruits of all thine increase: so shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine” (Prov. 3:1-10); “Attend to my words . . . For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh” (Prov. 4:20-27; 16:24).

You are told in Ps. 91 that if you will “dwell in the secret place of the most High . . . and abide under the shadow of the Almighty . . . There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.” In Isa. 58 you are promised that if you will practice twenty principles of righteousness, “Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily . . . Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer.” It is God's highest will that His children be in health (3 Jn. 2). Finis J. Dake, God's Plan for Man, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Publishing, Inc., 2004), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, 106-107.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

DeafManHealing

Post by DeafManHealing »

I am not too crazy about the " claim it and ye shall be healed " fake faith healers with tithling pans filled to the brim with more money than I will ever see in my life. but I do know there are people out there that are the real deal.

I have been told I do not have enough faith and so many different things like that and it has turned me off big time. I do have faith.

From the way I understand things, God will decide who gets healed, we can only pray and fast, bring our petitions to God to have our prayers answered.

I am Deaf today, I will be Deaf tomorrow until God decides to heal me. There are people out there with more life threatening health issues than me so I do pray for those who are worse off than I am right now.

I do pray your wife will be healed of cancer but I will not have someone say " claim it and ye shall be healed " with tithling pans filled to the brim with more money than I will ever see in my life. I don't think that brings glory to God or anybody if done the wrong way.

God will bless who He will bless with miraculous healing. That is my understanding of how things work. I am sure I don't have the full understanding but I do know as a baby I was healed of a hole in my heart and was supposed to be brain dead, a vegetable etc. and my mom got on her knees & prayed for me so I know that I can be healed again just like everybody else can be healed at any time.

I would love to see more true cases of healing miracles. God Bless :angel:

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

DeafManHealing wrote:I am not too crazy about the " claim it and ye shall be healed " fake faith healers with tithling pans filled to the brim with more money than I will ever see in my life. but I do know there are people out there that are the real deal.

I have been told I do not have enough faith and so many different things like that and it has turned me off big time. I do have faith.

From the way I understand things, God will decide who gets healed, we can only pray and fast, bring our petitions to God to have our prayers answered.

I am Deaf today, I will be Deaf tomorrow until God decides to heal me. There are people out there with more life threatening health issues than me so I do pray for those who are worse off than I am right now.

I do pray your wife will be healed of cancer but I will not have someone say " claim it and ye shall be healed " with tithling pans filled to the brim with more money than I will ever see in my life. I don't think that brings glory to God or anybody if done the wrong way.

God will bless who He will bless with miraculous healing. That is my understanding of how things work. I am sure I don't have the full understanding but I do know as a baby I was healed of a hole in my heart and was supposed to be brain dead, a vegetable etc. and my mom got on her knees & prayed for me so I know that I can be healed again just like everybody else can be healed at any time.

I would love to see more true cases of healing miracles. God Bless :angel:
Hi Deafmanhealing,

I can appreciate your problem with deafness. And of course I would pray for your healing.

But healing will never come with some of the beliefs you have.

You make fun of the "claim it and ye shall be healed" Yet JESUS HIMSELF said: Mark 11:23 he shall have whatsoever he saith.

You have said you do have faith yet JESUS HIMSELF said: Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

You have said that only God will decide who gets healed yet JESUS HIMSELF said: John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

You have said you are deaf and will be until God decides to heal you yet the BIBLE says: 1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

You have said: "That is my understanding of how things work."

And that is your problem - you don't understand how things work.

I love you bother and have compassion on you with your loss of hearing, but you will never be healed until you go about it GOD"S WAY.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

DeafManHealing

Post by DeafManHealing »

Thank you for the replies. This has given me something to think about and yes will be praying for your wife to be healed of cancer. I am looking at Dake's notes on fasting at the end of Psalms and it is very interesting what is said there. :angel: