Dake Bible Discussion BoardOne who Hinders part 2

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: One who Hinders part 2

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:No comments?

Well I will make one. It appears to me that people tend to listen to people that make a ton of money. That tells me people are more worried about material things than they are their spiritual destiny.

I will add that this is one of the problems I have with the prosperity move in the church. Those that teach it tend to shift people's focus from spiritual awareness to material success.

Scripture warns us against trying to gain the world at the expense of our souls.
Hi Justaned,

Above you said: "...this is one of the problems I have with the prosperity move in the church. Those that teach it tend to shift people's focus from spiritual awareness to material success."

Would you have an example of that.

I have listened to the prosperity message for years and have NEVER heard anyone do that.
You are kidding right? How about the guy that says send in $1000 and God will return to you $10,000 you seriously don't think people are thinking more of chance for material wealth than of spiritual health.
Hi Ed,

What guy is that.... the one who says send 1,000 and you will get 10,000?

I don't know who that would be.
Not here to slander people I'm here to discuss theology and learn why others hold to the positions they hold to.

In other words there is nobody, you just made that up to bad mouth preachers.
Bibleman
If it makes you feel better saying that okay.
Actually I don't care much for preachers I honor and respect pastors.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Ugh! the pastor's feet are treading in the sheep poo all the time trying to steer them in the right direction....

macca

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

what do you mean REVED???
i just stubbed my toe on that comment. :crazyeyes:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:No comments?

Well I will make one. It appears to me that people tend to listen to people that make a ton of money. That tells me people are more worried about material things than they are their spiritual destiny.

I will add that this is one of the problems I have with the prosperity move in the church. Those that teach it tend to shift people's focus from spiritual awareness to material success.

Scripture warns us against trying to gain the world at the expense of our souls.
Hi Justaned,

Above you said: "...this is one of the problems I have with the prosperity move in the church. Those that teach it tend to shift people's focus from spiritual awareness to material success."

Would you have an example of that.

I have listened to the prosperity message for years and have NEVER heard anyone do that.
You are kidding right? How about the guy that says send in $1000 and God will return to you $10,000 you seriously don't think people are thinking more of chance for material wealth than of spiritual health.
Hi Ed,

What guy is that.... the one who says send 1,000 and you will get 10,000?

I don't know who that would be.
Not here to slander people I'm here to discuss theology and learn why others hold to the positions they hold to.

In other words there is nobody, you just made that up to bad mouth preachers.
Bibleman

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Billy
In my book preachers are often people that make a living preaching what people want to hear. Pastors are people called to serve the church. One views his position as a career the other as a calling.
In otherwords if I call you a preacher I don't think much of you.

branham1965 wrote:what do you mean REVED???
Justaned wrote:Bibleman

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:Billy
In my book preachers are often people that make a living preaching what people want to hear. Pastors are people called to serve the church. One views his position as a career the other as a calling.

I am glad I don't go by "your book."

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:Billy

I am glad I don't go by "your book."
But you are in it!!!!! :mrgreen: :shocked!: :mrgreen: :shocked!: :mrgreen: :shocked!: :mrgreen: