Dake Bible Discussion BoardA Future Millennium

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Rocky

Re: Re:

Post by Rocky »

Ray wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Ray wrote:Many who teach a still yet Future "Millennium" on this earth in which satan is bound it is believed that there is still mankind who sin during this time.

It was said by a forum member speaking of a future millennium:
"That even during this time during which Satan is bound, people will still have sin in their hearts."

As I myself have stated what I thought to be the effects of satan being bound.

Tell me Please What do you Brothers see as the effect of "satan being bound" in a future "Millennium" where sin is still present ??
The following may seem harsh, but in all honesty I just want to help...
Hmm not sure I understand the question bro. what do you mean by "effects of Satan being bound". Unless this is just a way of challenging the bible(Gods written Word) to support your man made theology.I can tell by this thread you may not believe in a literal 1000 years, if that is the case any answers given would just be redundant. I would suggest just read and study this out, you will find the answers, they are in there. Here is a way you can tell if you are misunderstand this literal truth, I will give 4 reason if I may..

1- Satin has already been bound.
2- The 1000 years are not literal .
3- The book of Revelation or any other prophecies containing eschatological content are just allegorical.
4 - Most of the book of Revelations has already taken place.
If any of these are your position, then I am sure you are in the minority on this board, and maybe even misinterpreting this literal truth about the 1000 reign of Christ on the earth.
Hello Brother Rocky,
Above you wrote:
"Hmm not sure I understand the question bro. what do you mean by "effects of Satan being bound".

Let me Clarify, If there is sin of mankind during a future "millennium" what is satan bound from doing???
Hey brother that is a good question, the bible doesn't give a complete explanation accept that it states this is the case. But apparently mans free will again is tested in this dispensation, just like the others. But the bible is clear after the 1000 years Satan is loosed and leads a final rebellion against God. Natural people not the saints are sinning in the 1000 reign. I think its in Isaiah ,it says that even animal sacrifice is reinstated for the natural man(not the saints) in the the new millennium and those that refuse to partake in this the will be killed. Hold on let me find this and all post it unless someone has this already ready to post lol.

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Re: A Future Millennium

Post by Reuben »

Ray wrote:
Reuben wrote:
The view I have come to, after much Study and Prayer is that the thousand years mentioned in Revelation 20 is a symbolic number, not a literal description; that the millennium has already begun and is identical with the current church age. I Believe that while Our LORD JESUS' reign during the millennium is spiritual in nature being governed by HIS HOLY SPIRT.
Revelation 20:1-3 (KJV)
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

According to what you have stated above: you believe that the devil is currently bound in this church age?
Brother Reuben,
YES.
Now, could you Please answer this question:

If there is sin of mankind during a future "millennium" what is satan bound from doing??? What is the result of satan being bound??
Ok, you believe that Satan is currently bound... what is he currently bound from doing? According to Ephesians 2 - Satan is currently the god of this world. Meaning, he is a current ruler. Hard to be a current ruler who is ruling if you are currently bound.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Rocky wrote:
Ray wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Ray wrote:Many who teach a still yet Future "Millennium" on this earth in which satan is bound it is believed that there is still mankind who sin during this time.

"That even during this time during which Satan is bound, people will still have sin in their hearts."

Tell me Please What do you Brothers see as the effect of "satan being bound" in a future "Millennium" where sin is still present ??
Hmm not sure I understand the question bro. what do you mean by "effects of Satan being bound". Unless this is just a way of challenging the bible(Gods written Word) to support your man made theology.I can tell by this thread you may not believe in a literal 1000 years, if that is the case any answers given would just be redundant. I would suggest just read and study this out, you will find the answers, they are in there. Here is a way you can tell if you are misunderstand this literal truth, I will give 4 reason if I may..

3- The book of Revelation or any other prophecies containing eschatological content are just allegorical.
If any of these are your position, then I am sure you are in the minority on this board, and maybe even misinterpreting this literal truth about the 1000 reign of Christ on the earth.
Hello Brother Rocky,
Above you wrote:
"Hmm not sure I understand the question bro. what do you mean by "effects of Satan being bound".

Let me Clarify, If there is sin of mankind during a future "millennium" what is satan bound from doing???
Hey brother that is a good question, the bible doesn't give a complete explanation accept that it states this is the case. But apparently mans free will again is tested in this dispensation, just like the others. But the bible is clear after the 1000 years Satan is loosed and leads a final rebellion against God. Natural people not the saints are sinning in the 1000 reign. I think its in Isaiah ,it says that even animal sacrifice is reinstated for the natural man(not the saints) in the the new millennium and those that refuse to partake in this the will be killed. Hold on let me find this and all post it unless someone has this already ready to post lol.
Brother Rocky,
above you wrote:
" But the bible is clear after the 1000 years Satan is loosed and leads a final rebellion against God."

Is not sin "rebellion against GOD".

satan being "bound" and sin is present in what you understand to be the "Millennium" who is the leader of this rebellion when satan is bound.

You Question my Theology, yet you cannot answer as simple question about yours?

If there is sin of mankind during a future "millennium" what is satan bound from doing??? What is the result of satan being bound??

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Reuben wrote:
Ray wrote:
Reuben wrote:
The view I have come to, after much Study and Prayer is that the thousand years mentioned in Revelation 20 is a symbolic number, not a literal description; that the millennium has already begun and is identical with the current church age. I Believe that while Our LORD JESUS' reign during the millennium is spiritual in nature being governed by HIS HOLY SPIRT.
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

According to what you have stated above: you believe that the devil is currently bound in this church age?
Brother Reuben,
YES.

Ok, you believe that Satan is currently bound... what is he currently bound from doing? According to Ephesians 2 - Satan is currently the god of this world. Meaning, he is a current ruler. Hard to be a current ruler who is ruling if you are currently bound.
Is Satan your God? Of course not! So he may be god to those that choose to reject salvation in Jesus Christ but that is not all of this world as such it is world tainted by sin. When scripture talks of this world is taking of the physical earth or the spiritual sin tainted world of the unsaved?

Reuben

Post by Reuben »

So, am I understanding you right that Satan is currently bound but only bound from the saved and not the unsaved? Then, when he is loosed for a season in Rev. 20 does that mean he will have access to the saved that he currently does not have? Not sure if I am getting the position here

Reuben

Post by Reuben »

Paul made the statement that he would have come to a people but Satan had hindered him. Doesn't sound to me he is currently bound. Thinking outloud here...

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Ray wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Ray wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Hello Brother Rocky,
Above you wrote:

Brother Rocky,
above you wrote:
" But the bible is clear after the 1000 years Satan is loosed and leads a final rebellion against God."

Is not sin "rebellion against GOD".

satan being "bound" and sin is present in what you understand to be the "Millennium" who is the leader of this rebellion when satan is bound.

You Question my Theology, yet you cannot answer as simple question about yours?

I'll answer, but could you answer this? for there is a reason for this question trying to get an over all analogy of you theology you seem to interpret the bible from an allegorical perspective like in classic Alexandrian fashion. Did you use to be a catholic?

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

Hi!
Rocky wrote:

Please answer this question:

Take Satan and his fallen ones out of the way and you stop a big influence over mankind. They will still have their sinfull nature but it will be easier to live a beter life and to accept Christ as their Lord and Savior being no more deceived by the devil. Some could still be more rebelious than others and everyone will have the capacity to sin if they choose.I think that it the reason that He shall rule the nations with an iron rod during this time.

The result of Satan being bound would be a better environnement a lot of less sin in the world, a just theocratic government justice for all.We could go on and on...

Ray

Post by Ray »

Reuben wrote:
Ray wrote:
Reuben wrote:

Brother Reuben,
YES.

Brother Reuben,

you ask what is he currently bound from doing, It's in Revelation 20:3.
"deceiving the nations".
Two words are crucial to the understanding of the phrase “deceiving (the) nations.” The first is the word translated “deceive.” It is the Greek word, planao, which means “to lead astray.” The second key word is the word translated “nations.” This is the word, ethnos in the greek, which means both “heathen” and (significantly) “Gentiles.” Thus the activity of Satan prior to His binding could properly be translated as “leading the Gentiles astray.” And it is this activity (and this alone) from which he is bound during. the “thousand years.”

Now Reuben can you or can't you from your stance on Eschatology answer this question in relation to how you teach the "binding of satan".

Ray

Post by Ray »

Brother Leon Bible,
Could you PLEASE join in on this conversation.

Do you believe (and teach) that while satan is bound there will be sin in a yet future "millennium"??