Dake Bible Discussion BoardA Future Millennium

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ray

A Future Millennium

Post by Ray »

Many who teach a still yet Future "Millennium" on this earth in which satan is bound it is believed that there is still mankind who sin during this time.

It was said by a forum member speaking of a future millennium:
"That even during this time during which Satan is bound, people will still have sin in their hearts."

As I myself have stated what I thought to be the effects of satan being bound.

Tell me Please What do you Brothers see as the effect of "satan being bound" in a future "Millennium" where sin is still present ??

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Re: A Future Millennium

Post by Reuben »

Am I understanding you right, that you do not believe in a future millennium? I know you have other questions but I wanted to clarify your position on it first.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Ray wrote:Many who teach a still yet Future "Millennium" on this earth in which satan is bound it is believed that there is still mankind who sin during this time.

"That even during this time during which Satan is bound, people will still have sin in their hearts."

Tell me Please What do you Brothers see as the effect of "satan being bound" in a future "Millennium" where sin is still present ??
The following may seem harsh, but in all honesty I just want to help...
Hmm not sure I understand the question bro. what do you mean by "effects of Satan being bound". Unless this is just a way of challenging the bible(Gods written Word) to support your man made theology.I can tell by this thread you may not believe in a literal 1000 years, if that is the case any answers given would just be redundant. I would suggest just read and study this out, you will find the answers, they are in there. Here is a way you can tell if you are misunderstand this literal truth, I will give 4 reason if I may..

1- Satin has already been bound.
2- The 1000 years are not literal .
3- The book of Revelation or any other prophecies containing eschatological content are just allegorical.
4 - Most of the book of Revelations has already taken place.
If any of these are your position, then I am sure you are in the minority on this board, and maybe even misinterpreting this literal truth about the 1000 reign of Christ on the earth.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Reuben wrote:Am I understanding you right, that you do not believe in a future millennium? I know you have other questions but I wanted to clarify your position on it first.
Hello Brother Reuben,
If I must take a label I guess it would be considered "Amillennial".
The view I have come to, after much Study and Prayer is that the thousand years mentioned in Revelation 20 is a symbolic number, not a literal description; that the millennium has already begun and is identical with the current church age. I Believe that while Our LORD JESUS' reign during the millennium is spiritual in nature being governed by HIS HOLY SPIRT. I believe the Scriptures Teach that at the end of the church age, CHRIST will return in final judgment and establish a permanent physical reign which will surpass a mere 1000 years as It is Eternal.

Ray

Re:

Post by Ray »

Rocky wrote:
Ray wrote:Many who teach a still yet Future "Millennium" on this earth in which satan is bound it is believed that there is still mankind who sin during this time.

The following may seem harsh, but in all honesty I just want to help...
Hmm not sure I understand the question bro. what do you mean by "effects of Satan being bound". Unless this is just a way of challenging the bible(Gods written Word) to support your man made theology.I can tell by this thread you may not believe in a literal 1000 years, if that is the case any answers given would just be redundant. I would suggest just read and study this out, you will find the answers, they are in there. Here is a way you can tell if you are misunderstand this literal truth, I will give 4 reason if I may..

1- Satin has already been bound.
2- The 1000 years are not literal .
3- The book of Revelation or any other prophecies containing eschatological content are just allegorical.
4 - Most of the book of Revelations has already taken place.
If any of these are your position, then I am sure you are in the minority on this board, and maybe even misinterpreting this literal truth about the 1000 reign of Christ on the earth.
Hello Brother Rocky,
Above you wrote:
"Hmm not sure I understand the question bro. what do you mean by "effects of Satan being bound".

Let me Clarify, If there is sin of mankind during a future "millennium" what is satan bound from doing???

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

Hi!
My understanding is that at the second comming, there will be the jugements of the nations. Some will be find worthy to enter the millenium and others will not, the main criteria of this jugement being "how these nations had treated Israel as a nation.
This being said,it will not be nescesary to be born again to enter the millenium and as long as one comply to Christ's laws he will be allowed to live the whole period.( Like if the representatives of a nation fail to pay their respect to the King of Kings once a year in Jerusalem, there will be no rain on their land.)There will be jugement made for sin.Some will obey just for fear of the jugement and will join Satan in his last revolt at the end of the millenium.
The natural humans will carry on the original plan of God to multiply generations forever with their natural bodys in a state like before the fall of Adam.Every one that had part in the first resurection will have his gloryfied body like Christ had at his resurection and have citisenship in the New Jerusalem and have access to the whole creation helpind God administer the affairs of his vast universe.
Last edited by frenchie on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Post by Reuben »

The view I have come to, after much Study and Prayer is that the thousand years mentioned in Revelation 20 is a symbolic number, not a literal description; that the millennium has already begun and is identical with the current church age. I Believe that while Our LORD JESUS' reign during the millennium is spiritual in nature being governed by HIS HOLY SPIRT.
Revelation 20:1-3 (KJV)
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

According to what you have stated above: you believe that the devil is currently bound in this church age?

Ray

Post by Ray »

dolph wrote:Ray, Satan is bound during the Millennium and Jesus will be here on Earth, but man kind will still have his carnal body which has always been at enmity with the spirit of man whether he is born again or not. There will be saved and unsaved Jews and Gentiles on the Earth during the Millennium. Only the Church will have glorified bodies. Our home will be in Heaven yet we will rule and reign with Christ here on earth until the New Jerusalem comes down (which includes our mansions) at the end of the Millennium. I suspect we will be back and forth from Heaven to Earth during the next 1,000 years which might take only a slit second of traveling time. It's also very possible in my estimation that only some of the Church will actually be in government depending on aptitudes, experience and interests.
Hello Brother Dolph,

Please answer the question:

If there is sin of mankind during a future "millennium" what is satan bound from doing??? What is the result of satan being bound??

Ray

Post by Ray »

frenchie wrote:Hi!
My understanding is that at the second comming, there will be the jugements of the nations. Some will be find worthy to enter the millenium and others will not, the main criteria of this jugement being "how these nations had treated Israel as a nation.
This being said,it will not be nescesary to be born again to enter the millenium and as long as one comply to Christ's laws he will be allowed to live the whole period.( Like if the representatives of a nation fail to pay their respect to the King of Kings once a year in Jerusalem, there will be no rain on their land.)There will be jugement made for sin.Some will obey just for fear of the jugement and will join Satan in his last revolt at the end of the millenium.
The natural humans will carry on the original plan of God to multiply generations forever with their natural bodys in a state like before the fall of Adam.Every one that had part in the first resurection will have his gloryfied body like Christ had at his resurection and have citisenship in the New Jerusalem and have access to the whole creation helpind God administer the affairs of his vast universe.
Hi frenchie,

Please answer this question:

If there is sin of mankind during a future "millennium" what is satan bound from doing??? What is the result of satan being bound??

Ray

Post by Ray »

Reuben wrote:
The view I have come to, after much Study and Prayer is that the thousand years mentioned in Revelation 20 is a symbolic number, not a literal description; that the millennium has already begun and is identical with the current church age. I Believe that while Our LORD JESUS' reign during the millennium is spiritual in nature being governed by HIS HOLY SPIRT.
Revelation 20:1-3 (KJV)
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

According to what you have stated above: you believe that the devil is currently bound in this church age?
Brother Reuben,
YES.
Now, could you Please answer this question: