Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHY SATAN ROAMS THE EARTH SEEING WHOM HE MAY DEVOUR

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: WHY SATAN ROAMS THE EARTH SEEING WHOM HE MAY DEVOUR

Post by Justaned »

Been my experience from years of people watching, listening to the news and counseling that people Satan can be sound to sleep, the unredeemed flesh of fallen man can think up even more than Satan can.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i wonder if the great Doctor Dake believed in the Holocaust??? +hammer +hammer +hammer

dolph wrote:I agree with the great Doctor Dake: In his notes on Psalm 109:6, Dr. Finis Jennings Dake wrote: God's Purpose in Allowing Satan to Continue:

1. To develop character and faith in the believer (Jas. 1:12; 1Pet. 1:7-13; 5:8-9; 2Pet. 1:4-9; Jude 1:20-24)

2. To keep the believer humble (2Cor. 12:7)

3. To provide a conflict for saints that they may be rewarded through overcoming (1Jn. 2:13; 4:1-6; Rev. 2:7,11,17,26-28; 3:5,12,21)

4. To demonstrate the power of God over the power of Satan (Mk. 16:17-20; 2Cor. 4:7-11; Eph. 2:7; 3:10)

5. To use him in afflicting people to bring them to repentance (1Cor. 5:1-6; 2Cor. 2:5-11; Job 33:14-30)

6. To purge man of all possibility of falling in the eternal future (Rev. 21)

--- Dake's Annotated Reference Bible.

This doesn't mean we are defenseless, by any means. The Christian has all the weapons necessary to resist and defeat the enemy.

God invented gravity but this doesn't mean that God is the cause of all plane crashes!!

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

I wonder if barbers will be allowed entrance into Heaven.

Maybe . . . but it will be a close shave, and they may have to take a haricut.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

fatherfisher wrote:I wonder if barbers will be allowed entrance into Heaven.

Maybe . . . but it will be a close shave, and they may have to take a haricut.
Now that was a funny one! :angel:

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

dolph wrote:I wonder if barbers will be allowed entrance into Heaven.
what type of work do you engage in my dolphenjugen?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

A man was getting a haircut prior to a trip to Rome.

He mentioned the trip to the barber who responded, "Rome? Why would anyone want to go there? It's crowded & dirty and full of Italians. You're crazy to go to Rome. So, how are you getting there?"

"We're taking TWA," was the reply. "We got a great rate!"

"TWA?" exclaimed the barber. "That's a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly, and they're always late. So, where are you staying in Rome?"

"We'll be at the downtown International Marriott."

"That dump! That's the worst hotel in the city. The rooms are small, the service is surly and they're overpriced" " So, whatcha doing when you get there?"

"We're going to go to see the Vatican and we hope to see the Pope."

"That's rich," laughed the barber. "You and a million other people trying to see him. He'll look the size of an ant. Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You're going to need it."

A month later, the man again came in for his regular haircut. The barber asked him about his trip to Rome.

"It was wonderful," explained the man, "not only were we on time in on of TWA's brand new planes, but it was overbooked and they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a beautiful 28 year old stewardess who waited on me hand and foot. And the hotel-it was great! They'd just finished a $25 million remodeling job and now it's the finest hotel in the city. They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us the presidential suite at no extra charge!"

"Well," muttered the barber, "I know you didn't get to see the Pope."

"Actually, we were quite lucky. As we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder and explained that the pope likes to personally meet some of the visitors, and if I'd be so kind as to step into his private room and wait the Pope would personally greet me. Sure enough, five minutes later the Pope walked through the door and shook my hand! I knelt down as he spoke a few words to me."

"Really?" asked the Barber. "What'd he say?"

He said, "Where'd you get that lousy haircut?"

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

dolph wrote:
Justaned wrote:Been my experience from years of people watching, listening to the news and counseling that people Satan can be sound to sleep, the unredeemed flesh of fallen man can think up even more than Satan can.
Yea Ed, but who plant's the sinful lie in the person's mind? Man's fallen nature, the flesh, is another source of bad actions by man. You do believe that Satan is real, don't you Ed? Or, have you torn those pages out of your Bible too, along with divine healing and prosperity?
dolph
Yes I beleive in Satan but I'm not so irresponsible to try to blame Satan for things that I do. I'm saved by the blood of the Lamb, Jesus dwells in me not Satan. If I sin it is because I choose to rebel not because the devil made me do it.
Satan may bring a temptation across my bow from time to time but even then not often because frankly Satan has bigger fishes to fry.

When a guy like you or me sins Satan probably doesn't even know it, he knows man's flesh is weak and man will give into the lust of the flesh, lust of eye or pride of life if he isn't walking close the to the Lord.

In fact I would not be surprised to learn that Ray was right and Satan was bound and all the evil that happened these last 2000 years has been evil birthed and conceived by the unredeemed flesh of fallen man.

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

Ironman wrote:
A man was getting a haircut prior to a trip to Rome.

He mentioned the trip to the barber who responded, "Rome? Why would anyone want to go there? It's crowded & dirty and full of Italians. You're crazy to go to Rome. So, how are you getting there?"

"We're taking TWA," was the reply. "We got a great rate!"

"TWA?" exclaimed the barber. "That's a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly, and they're always late. So, where are you staying in Rome?"

"We'll be at the downtown International Marriott."

"That dump! That's the worst hotel in the city. The rooms are small, the service is surly and they're overpriced" " So, whatcha doing when you get there?"

"We're going to go to see the Vatican and we hope to see the Pope."

"That's rich," laughed the barber. "You and a million other people trying to see him. He'll look the size of an ant. Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You're going to need it."

A month later, the man again came in for his regular haircut. The barber asked him about his trip to Rome.

"It was wonderful," explained the man, "not only were we on time in on of TWA's brand new planes, but it was overbooked and they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a beautiful 28 year old stewardess who waited on me hand and foot. And the hotel-it was great! They'd just finished a $25 million remodeling job and now it's the finest hotel in the city. They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us the presidential suite at no extra charge!"

"Well," muttered the barber, "I know you didn't get to see the Pope."

"Actually, we were quite lucky. As we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder and explained that the pope likes to personally meet some of the visitors, and if I'd be so kind as to step into his private room and wait the Pope would personally greet me. Sure enough, five minutes later the Pope walked through the door and shook my hand! I knelt down as he spoke a few words to me."

"Really?" asked the Barber. "What'd he say?"

He said, "Where'd you get that lousy haircut?"
That was funny :mrgreen:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

no devils or demons???? theres a devil loose!!!!!if he was roaring in Peters day 1 Peter 5 and he killed the beloved Apostle.how much worse is he today!!!North Korea is ready to fight!!
i saw it in one of Jack Chicks tracts today that he felt America was going to be destroyed by fire...he didnt reveal his "source."but i knew exactly who he was referring too!!!!thats right!!! +wink
:| available here at ministry helps they shall expel demons by Derek Prince.
there is a order in the kingdom of darkness.the devil at the top then the rest Eph 6:10ff.
the flesh is responsible for much.BALANCE IS THE KEY TO ALL GOOD SPIRITUAL TEACHING..........but devils are more active now than ever.
Ray made some interesting points.BUT saying Satan is bound now is ridiculous.its rubbish.false teaching.
he might be for some folks but he never has been for me since 1975.

Justaned wrote:
dolph wrote:
Justaned wrote:Been my experience from years of people watching, listening to the news and counseling that people Satan can be sound to sleep, the unredeemed flesh of fallen man can think up even more than Satan can.
Yea Ed, but who plant's the sinful lie in the person's mind? Man's fallen nature, the flesh, is another source of bad actions by man. You do believe that Satan is real, don't you Ed? Or, have you torn those pages out of your Bible too, along with divine healing and prosperity?
dolph
Yes I beleive in Satan but I'm not so irresponsible to try to blame Satan for things that I do. I'm saved by the blood of the Lamb, Jesus dwells in me not Satan. If I sin it is because I choose to rebel not because the devil made me do it.
Satan may bring a temptation across my bow from time to time but even then not often because frankly Satan has bigger fishes to fry.

When a guy like you or me sins Satan probably doesn't even know it, he knows man's flesh is weak and man will give into the lust of the flesh, lust of eye or pride of life if he isn't walking close the to the Lord.

In fact I would not be surprised to learn that Ray was right and Satan was bound and all the evil that happened these last 2000 years has been evil birthed and conceived by the unredeemed flesh of fallen man.

Ray

Post by Ray »

branham1965 wrote:no devils or demons???? theres a devil loose!!!!!if he was roaring in Peters day 1 Peter 5 and he killed the beloved Apostle.how much worse is he today!!!North Korea is ready to fight!!
i saw it in one of Jack Chicks tracts today that he felt America was going to be destroyed by fire...he didnt reveal his "source."but i knew exactly who he was referring too!!!!thats right!!! +wink
:| available here at ministry helps they shall expel demons by Derek Prince.
there is a order in the kingdom of darkness.the devil at the top then the rest Eph 6:10ff.
the flesh is responsible for much.BALANCE IS THE KEY TO ALL GOOD SPIRITUAL TEACHING..........but devils are more active now than ever.
Ray made some interesting points.BUT saying Satan is bound now is ridiculous.its rubbish.false teaching.
he might be for some folks but he never has been for me since 1975.

Justaned wrote:
dolph wrote:
dolph

Brothers,
I have never believed that satan was bound as to the tempting of mankind to sin. What I have believed that a period of time from the CROSS until now, that Rev 20 calls a thousand years that satan was to be bound (stopped, halted, hindered) of deceiving the nations (the Gentiles) of receiving the TRUTH of The GOSPEL of Salvation, as The Salvation message and a relationship with THE TRUE GOD was hid (not given ) to the Gentiles until a short period after the CROSS, Yet I now see this period of satan being bound has come to an end and may have ended for some time as the deception of satan is widespred and well accepted by the masses of mankind. I believe there was a time from the CROSS until maybe 100 years ago that there was a TRUE Hunger for Our LORD by us Gentiles a time before technology and the pride of man has completely taken the Heart and Mind and works of mankind, as much of mankind have been deceived into believing that the Wisdom of mankind surpasses the Wisdom of THE WORD OF GOD.

Revelation 20:
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.