Dake Bible Discussion BoardJust a note to ask for prayer for me and my family.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Just a note to ask for prayer for me and my family.

Post by bibleman »

Just a note to ask for prayer for me and my family.

My mother Allie Holbert went to be with the Lord Yesterday. 1/16/2012 Wednesday 4:20 am. She was 84 years old.

She was a good mother and I will miss her dearly. Over the years she had lived a difficult life but about 4 years ago something terrible and something wonderful happened. She had to undergo surgery to have her leg remove. The surgery saved her life but was very difficult, a lot of pain and a lot of rehabilitation, but she made it.

The wonderful thing is in the midst of this, she turned to the Lord. She gave her life to Him in a NEW and powerful way. The Mom I had known was CHANGED. Her lifestyle changed, her vocabulary changed, her attitude changed, She became a New Creation in Christ Jesus and anyone who met her would know it. This was the real deal!

What a great day we had in 2011 when we ALL were in church together. My dad Allen and his wife Willie, sisters Katy and Brenda and their husbands Bill and Ted, me and my wife Sheila and my MOM! After years of prayer and intercession for the first time ever, MY WHOLE family was in church and ALL of them serving God!

I know in life I have my shortcomings and have made more than my share of mistakes, and there are a lot of things that matter in life, like health, a place to live, food, job etc,. but there is nothing like the joy in knowing that your family are all serving God. And for this I am truly blessed.

So tomorrow as we lay my mother’s body to rest in this earth, I will surely shed tears. But at the same time I will rejoice in knowing that my Mom is with Jesus in Heaven, happy, healthy, prosperous, loved and having the time of her live as she is now truly BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE!

Thank you Jesus, I know you will take care of my Mom!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Re: Just a note to ask for prayer for me and my family.

Post by titus213 »

I am sad for you, and happy for you all at the same time.
What a beautiful testimony to God's grace and the joy of a united family.
I can only pray that might be my experience before checking out of this "vale of tears" myself.

May our Lord minister His grace and peace to you and yours tomorrow and in the days to follow.

~ Don Fisher

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

Bibleman

Beautiful testimony about your mother. Will be praying for you.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

PASTOR
My deepest deepest :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: sympathies to you.Dear Jesus.I am very very sorry to read this.

PASTOR
I dont have the words to say.My heart is with you and yours.Im sure she was so proud of you as a accomplished Minister and Scholar but more so as a great man,husband,father...and son :arrow:
Im... sorry :arrow:
Your friend and brother always
all of my love to you wonderful people ...and my prayers
Billy :agrue: :agrue: :arrow:

Bible Basics
Proverbs

Post by Bible Basics »

fatherfisher wrote:May our Lord minister His grace and peace to you and yours tomorrow and in the days to follow.
I second this, Pastor Bible.

Bible Basics

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

At moments like this i "tilt" and i feel helpless to be a blessing to the grieved. God bless you and your family Rev.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

You are a blessed man Leon with a blessed family.

more power to you in Jesus name

macca

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Post by Reuben »

We will be praying for you. And, thank you for sharing such a heartfelt reflection of your mother and the things that truly do matter.

God bless you!

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Our prayers go before the the Mighty God for your family, for peace and rest to come upon you all and that you would be surrounded with God's love knowing your mother is in the presence of the Lord.
Psalm 116:15 (NKJV)
15 Precious in the sight of the LORD Is the death of His saints.

scottae316
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by scottae316 »

Praying for you and your family, may the Comforter give you peace.