Dake Bible Discussion BoardAre husbands the head of the household?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Are husbands the head of the household?

Post by bibleman »

At the end of the age when all the believers were standing in line waiting to get into heaven, God appeared and said, "I want all the men to form two lines. One line will be for the men who were the true heads of their households. The other will be for the men who were dominated by their wives."

God continued, "I want all the women to report to St. Peter."

The women left and the men formed two lines. The line of men who were dominated by their wives was seemingly unending. The line of men who were the true head of their household had one man in it.

God said to the first line, "You men ought to be ashamed or yourselves. I appointed you to be the heads of your households and you were disobedient and have not fulfilled your purpose. Of all of you, there is only one man who obeyed me. Learn from him."

Then God turned to the lone man and asked, "How did you come to be in this line?"

The man replied, "My wife told me to stand here."

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Re: Are husbands the head of the household?

Post by Reuben »

bibleman wrote:At the end of the age when all the believers were standing in line waiting to get into heaven, God appeared and said, "I want all the men to form two lines. One line will be for the men who were the true heads of their households. The other will be for the men who were dominated by their wives."

God continued, "I want all the women to report to St. Peter."

The women left and the men formed two lines. The line of men who were dominated by their wives was seemingly unending. The line of men who were the true head of their household had one man in it.

God said to the first line, "You men ought to be ashamed or yourselves. I appointed you to be the heads of your households and you were disobedient and have not fulfilled your purpose. Of all of you, there is only one man who obeyed me. Learn from him."

Then God turned to the lone man and asked, "How did you come to be in this line?"

The man replied, "My wife told me to stand here."
I feel condemned... +wink

davido
Be Strong in the Power of His Might

Re: Are husbands the head of the household?

Post by davido »

Thats so true. The man has a very important role
which the wives today do not adhere to

I feel sorry for the men trying to find a woman that
will still obey God and for women married to men
who have abandoned their position.

It is almost hopeless for men to attempt his obedience
as Paul writes to honor his wife, when the wife has
left the umbrealla of God's covering.
Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.
1 Peter 3:1 Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so ...
Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives

So, look at the intrepetation:

the poster says it is not a bibical rule..just advise.
Thats wrong. Folks tend to twist scripture to fit their own lusts.
If God says obey, it means obey. What could be simpler than that.
Today folks seem to underestimate God in their lives.

"That is not a "biblical rule". It's words of advice on how to maintain a good household.

Col 3:18 Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.

Col 3:19 Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.

Col 3:20 Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.

Col 3:21 Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged."