Dake Bible Discussion Boardhead knowledge or hear experience??

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

head knowledge or hear experience??

Post by branham1965 »

I AM FULLY CONVINCED.... actually i know this to be true... that if our religion is a head religion.we will never make it.never.not in this day and age.the powers against Christians are too severe.

it has to be EXPERIENCE GROUNDED ... EXPERIENCE BASED RELIGION FROM THE HOLY GHOST. :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire:

any other WILL fold in the evil day..... Ephesians 6.

any other will collapse when the rain descends and the flood waters come... Matthew 7.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: head knowledge or HEART experience??

Post by branham1965 »

HEART EXPERIENCE ...I MEANT TO SPELL..... :agrue:

Justaned

Re: head knowledge or hear experience??

Post by Justaned »

Actually experience can deceive us.
We must base our faith on scripture the whole word of God.

Far too many christians today seek after experience, physical manifestations.

God says he is spirit and must be worshipped in spirit and in truth. Truth that comes from fully reading all of scripture and fully understanding all of scripture.

Do not be a verse, passage, chapter, book, testament believer be a whole word of God believer.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

MOST HAVE NO EXPERIENCE.SO THEY HAVE TO TAKE A BIBLE AND READ IT UNREGENERATE AS A DEMON FROM HELL ....AND THEN THEY QUOTE THE CREED BOOKS AND THINK THEY GOT IT.THATS NOT PENTECOST!!!!
IT NEVER WAS.AND NEVER WILL BE.THESE PEOPLE BLASPHEME GOD'S GREATEST SER VANTS AND MANY OF THEM HAVE BLASPHEMED THE HOLY GHOST AND ARE LET GO...
EXPERIENCES OF GOD MUST BE PROVEN BY THE WORD.WORD EXPERIENCES WILL MATCH GOD'S WORD!!!!
A PERSON MUST BE PUT TO DEATH ROMANS 6 RAISED TO NEWNESS OF LIFE AND FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST SPEAKING IN OTHER TONGUES!!!!!oh i know the pharissee the saducee the lukewarmers and expositors say its not water LET GOD BE TRUE!!!!!ITS WATER IN THE NAME OF JESUS !!!!!!
Justaned wrote:Actually experience can deceive us.

God says he is spirit and must be worshipped in spirit and in truth. Truth that comes from fully reading all of scripture and fully understanding all of scripture.

Do not be a verse, passage, chapter, book, testament believer be a whole word of God believer.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

branham1965 wrote:MOST HAVE NO EXPERIENCE.SO THEY HAVE TO TAKE A BIBLE AND READ IT UNREGENERATE AS A DEMON FROM HELL ....AND THEN THEY QUOTE THE CREED BOOKS AND THINK THEY GOT IT.THATS NOT PENTECOST!!!!
IT NEVER WAS.AND NEVER WILL BE.THESE PEOPLE BLASPHEME GOD'S GREATEST SER VANTS AND MANY OF THEM HAVE BLASPHEMED THE HOLY GHOST AND ARE LET GO...
EXPERIENCES OF GOD MUST BE PROVEN BY THE WORD.WORD EXPERIENCES WILL MATCH GOD'S WORD!!!!
A PERSON MUST BE PUT TO DEATH ROMANS 6 RAISED TO NEWNESS OF LIFE AND FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST SPEAKING IN OTHER TONGUES!!!!!oh i know the pharissee the saducee the lukewarmers and expositors say its not water LET GOD BE TRUE!!!!!ITS WATER IN THE NAME OF JESUS !!!!!!

Billy
I tend to agree but I would add that most that claim experience have had nothing more than what the great deceiver would give them. They sought the experience instead of seeking God. That opened the door for the deceiver to come in and give them what they sought.
Pentecost was not sought, what was sought was God and until the church gets back to seeking God we will not see real manifestations of God. Seek God not experience, trust scripture and not experience, live by the word not experience.

scottae316
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by scottae316 »

One or the things I learned from studying John Wesley is called the quadrilateral. There is four things that we use in our faith walk; Scripture, Tradition, Reason, and Experience. Now some argue that this is the order, others say that it depends on what you are saying/doing that determines the order. For me, I put Scripture first then let the other three be determined by what I am trying to say, do, or understand. I find that in most cases if you abide by these you stay on target, then again that is my opinion.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

SCOTT
how are you Brother???
thanks for posting.it fascinates me that there is so much to learn. :Fade-color
scottae316 wrote:One or the things I learned from studying John Wesley is called the quadrilateral. There is four things that we use in our faith walk; Scripture, Tradition, Reason, and Experience. Now some argue that this is the order, others say that it depends on what you are saying/doing that determines the order. For me, I put Scripture first then let the other three be determined by what I am trying to say, do, or understand. I find that in most cases if you abide by these you stay on target, then again that is my opinion.

SCOTT
i think thats very safe.when you say tradition and reason can you expound please??if you feel up to it...sighs....im not trying to...Scott im asking sincerely...we love you old friend.kimbo just had his daily dairy queen.and wants more.
when he goes bye bye he gets so excited.he barks and shakes...almost acts Charismatic :shocked!:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

you are right REVED.
im feeling nervous :crazyeyes: these days.
i agree.i just would say some have NO EXPERIENCE at all.
and that is not good nor is it right.

Justaned wrote:
branham1965 wrote:MOST HAVE NO EXPERIENCE.SO THEY HAVE TO TAKE A BIBLE AND READ IT UNREGENERATE AS A DEMON FROM HELL ....AND THEN THEY QUOTE THE CREED BOOKS AND THINK THEY GOT IT.THATS NOT PENTECOST!!!!

Billy
I tend to agree but I would add that most that claim experience have had nothing more than what the great deceiver would give them. They sought the experience instead of seeking God. That opened the door for the deceiver to come in and give them what they sought.
Pentecost was not sought, what was sought was God and until the church gets back to seeking God we will not see real manifestations of God. Seek God not experience, trust scripture and not experience, live by the word not experience.

scottae316
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by scottae316 »

branham1965 wrote:SCOTT
how are you Brother???
thanks for posting.it fascinates me that there is so much to learn. :Fade-color
scottae316 wrote:One or the things I learned from studying John Wesley is called the quadrilateral. There is four things that we use in our faith walk; Scripture, Tradition, Reason, and Experience. Now some argue that this is the order, others say that it depends on what you are saying/doing that determines the order. For me, I put Scripture first then let the other three be determined by what I am trying to say, do, or understand. I find that in most cases if you abide by these you stay on target, then again that is my opinion.

SCOTT
i think thats very safe.when you say tradition and reason can you expound please??if you feel up to it...sighs....im not trying to...Scott im asking sincerely...we love you old friend.kimbo just had his daily dairy queen.and wants more.
when he goes bye bye he gets so excited.he barks and shakes...almost acts Charismatic :shocked!:
Billy, I have been sick all week since the last weekend, I have bronchitis and an upper respiratory infection with everything else. But I am starting to feel better today. I will be happy to briefly expound on these.

Tradition is what the Church has believed through its history. Now this is differs from the Roman Catholic position, as it must be based on Scripture not councils or popes or popular belief. An example would be the belief that the Bible is God's Word. The Church has held this from the beginning, the Old Testament was considered Scripture and early on the writings of the Apostles were considered Scripture. The history and tradition of the Church, remember that Wesley was an Anglican.

Reason is using the brain God gave you, enlightened by the Holy Spirit. Christians and our theologians often try to make things to complicated, when almost any of us have the ability to understand. Reason or as we would say today thinking, God gave us a brain and we should use it.

These are very brief and incomplete definitions but give you an understanding of what I believe they mean and I think Wesley would mostly agree. Thanks for asking, if you need more I will be happy to do so.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i sure pray you get to feeling better. :agrue: im very concerned about you.

i think i understand what you are saying here.im wondering when tradition and reason became evil to protestants. every day im more ...i dont know the word more taken back at how divided the Churches really are...:agrue: