Dake Bible Discussion Boardhead knowledge or hear experience??

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: head knowledge or hear experience??

Post by branham1965 »

AGAIN GOD BLESS YOU REVEREND FOR SHARING THAT.
THAT IS REALLY SPECIAL.
THANK YOU JESUS.
Justaned wrote:
branham1965 wrote:PASTOR
i was raised Roman and Byzantine Catholic.
then i got really saved in my Charismatic Church in 1976.My late Pastor was hated for various reasons.perhaps the biggest was how many of us Catholics went over to his Church.the Diocese was very concerned about him.he openly spoke against the papacy from the pulpit.
may i ask how you celebrate it in your Assembly??thanks.
ive had it in Warren.in the COC,in the Rhema Church here...never at LFAC.
thank ye. :scrambleup:
bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:REVED,
what do you believe that holy communion is???
shalom.
Hi Billy,

Ed can of course speak for himself... But I think Communion is simply a memorial - nothing more and nothing less!
(24) The dogma of transubstantiation was decreed by Pope Innocent III in the year 1215 A.D. By this doctrine the priest pretends to perform a daily miracle by changing a wafer into the body of Christ, and then he pretends to eat Him alive in the presence of his people during Mass. The Gospel condemns such absurdities, for the Holy Communion is simply a memorial of the sacrifice of Christ (Lk. 22:19-20; Jn. 6:35; 1 Cor. 11:26).Finis J. Dake, God's Plan for Man, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Publishing, Inc., 2004), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, 824.
Billy
Serving communion is really hard because of all the sides that drawn on the issue. When I serve communion.

I beg the people to allow the Holy Spirit to open the fullness of act of communion to them.

I plead with then not to allow it to become a mere ritual that delays the service and them getting to lunch.

I instruct them in knowing the Blood covenant and that by partaking in communion they become partakers of the covenant.

I tell them to expect a life changing event each and everytime they take communion.

I warn them to not to think to casually of communion or to take it in an unworthy manner for this is the reason some in the Church of Jesus Christ are sick today and why some go home early.

I tell them to pray until the Holy Spirit has dealt with them on communion.

I will not allow an unsaved person or a child too young to fully grasp the significance of the act to take communion.

Lastly I have resolved never to serve communion until I have taken it privately and have myself spiritually where I should be, before i serve communion.

But there is more and I want that more and I know God is leading me to that goal.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

branham1965 wrote:I think i understand you Pastor.
where do all these ... views came from??
Where? Where do they come from? Great question.

I think much of it came from the craziness of the Reformation and philosophical state of mind of the people of this time. Remember the Reformation occurred during the time called the enlightenment. That was a time where man had philosophically decided he could and would understand all even the very nature of nature and of God.

It was during this time man decided he didn't want someone else to explain it to him but instead given the time and proper initiative he was capable of figuring it out for himself.

Sounded good.

But what occurred and I paraphrase Martin Luthers words here.
They had uneducated men that weren't capable of properly saddling a donkey deciding for themselves what scripture said ignoring the wisdom and advice of men that had dedicated their entire life to the proper understanding of scripture.

Hence we got the Heinz 57 variety of theology and thousands of denominations

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

bibleman wrote:
then i got really saved in my Charismatic Church in 1976.My late Pastor was hated for various reasons.perhaps the biggest was how many of us Catholics went over to his Church.the Diocese was very concerned about him.he openly spoke against the papacy from the pulpit.
bibleman wrote:
shalom.
Hi Billy,

Ed can of course speak for himself... But I think Communion is simply a memorial - nothing more and nothing less!
(24) The dogma of transubstantiation was decreed by Pope Innocent III in the year 1215 A.D. By this doctrine the priest pretends to perform a daily miracle by changing a wafer into the body of Christ, and then he pretends to eat Him alive in the presence of his people during Mass. The Gospel condemns such absurdities, for the Holy Communion is simply a memorial of the sacrifice of Christ (Lk. 22:19-20; Jn. 6:35; 1 Cor. 11:26).Finis J. Dake, God's Plan for Man, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Publishing, Inc., 2004), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, 824.
Hi Billy,

We practice communion as Jesus said to do:

Luke 22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

We practice communion in memory or in memorial. The bread and the wine simply remind us of the sacrifice that Jesus made for our salvation!
Hi Billy,

You asked: "where do all these ... views came from??"

Other views outside of the Biblical text of course come from the enemy - the Devil.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

"where do all these ... views came from??"

The closing letters of the New Testament (the epistles of John and the Book of Revelation) show us that by the end of the 1st century false doctrines were already infiltrating the churches. My study of early church history in seminary was a real eye-opener because it demonstrated to me that the "early church fathers" went off track pretty early in many areas of biblical faith and practice.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

fatherfisher wrote:"where do all these ... views came from??"

The closing letters of the New Testament (the epistles of John and the Book of Revelation) show us that by the end of the 1st century false doctrines were already infiltrating the churches. My study of early church history in seminary was a real eye-opener because it demonstrated to me that the "early church fathers" went off track pretty early in many areas of biblical faith and practice.
It didn't take as long as the "the early church." Peter got off track until Paul called him on it. And that is just the point when man goes it alone he will quickly get off track. We see it in many ministries today, they start out right but before long they are off into the weeds. We even saw it with Moses. That is why we all need to be accountable to someone and seek the council of many. When we run on one man's opinion we are open to deception.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i believe that Pastor.
confusion is of the devil.and iuve fought this a;ll my life. :agrue:
you sharing that above made my week.
bibleman wrote:
bibleman wrote:
bibleman wrote:
shalom.
Hi Billy,

Hi Billy,

Luke 22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

We practice communion in memory or in memorial. The bread and the wine simply remind us of the sacrifice that Jesus made for our salvation!
Hi Billy,

Other views outside of the Biblical text of course come from the enemy - the Devil.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

REVED
IS IT SO THAT MOST OF THE WORLS COULD NOT READ UNTIL THE 1800'S.... :lol:
Justaned wrote:

I think much of it came from the craziness of the Reformation and philosophical state of mind of the people of this time. ((( :angel: :angel: THE ORTHODOX STUDY BIBLE CONFIRMS THAT REVED....IT SAYS THAT ROME CHANGED INTO TRANSUBSTANTIATION BECAUSE OF THIS... :shocked!: :shocked!: Remember the Reformation occurred during the time called the enlightenment. That was a time where man had philosophically decided he could and would understand all even the very nature of nature and of God.

It was during this time man decided he didn't want someone else to explain it to him but instead given the time and proper initiative he was capable of figuring it out for himself.

Sounded good.

They had uneducated men that weren't capable of properly saddling a donkey deciding for themselves what scripture said ignoring the wisdom and advice of men that had dedicated their entire life to the proper understanding of scripture.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

branham1965 wrote:REVED
IS IT SO THAT MOST OF THE WORLS COULD NOT READ UNTIL THE 1800'S.... :lol:
Justaned wrote:

I think much of it came from the craziness of the Reformation and philosophical state of mind of the people of this time. ((( :angel: :angel: THE ORTHODOX STUDY BIBLE CONFIRMS THAT REVED....IT SAYS THAT ROME CHANGED INTO TRANSUBSTANTIATION BECAUSE OF THIS... :shocked!: :shocked!: Remember the Reformation occurred during the time called the enlightenment. That was a time where man had philosophically decided he could and would understand all even the very nature of nature and of God.

Sounded good.

Billy
I don't think there was much reading and books were still very expensive.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i recall reading that most could not read.even in ...i cant recall.

we dont know how blessed we are.we can read.Sodom had no Bible.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

let me clarify. when i talk about CONFUSION im talking about grappling and studying heavy duty themes that great men of God DISAGREE on.
ive studied a thing or two.and i know a thing or two about a thing or two!!!!
not on where did Cain get his wife or is there a hell..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
+swater +swater +swater +plant +plant

bibleman wrote:
bibleman wrote:
bibleman wrote:
shalom.
Hi Billy,

Hi Billy,

Hi Billy,

[/quote]