Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe gifts of the Spirit

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

The gifts of the Spirit

Post by frenchie »

Hi!
Please tell me, Is the baptisim in the Holy Spirit a prerequisite to manifest the gifts of the Spirit or does the new birth qualifies one to manifest them. I know that the baptisim is required to speak in tongues but what about the others gifts?
Could the gifts of the Spirit be given before the baptisim of the Spirit?

brodave

Re: The gifts of the Spirit

Post by brodave »

I think you have to remember when the new testiment was written all believers were baptised in the Holy Spirit.There was no issue abuout when a person was baptised in the Holy Spirit.I don't say you have to be baptised in the holy Spirit for the gifts to be manifested.I just have never seen the gifts manifested in a church that does not believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

DO YOU KNOW:
who wrote the first PENTECOSTAL CLASSIC ON THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT????????

he was one of the GREATEST Preachers of the 20th Century and he was English :angel: :angel: he was with a fellow named Smith Wigglesworth and a Yankee named Lester Sumrall.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
many of these folks get the Holy Ghost at a full Gospel Church.then they go back to their mausoleums and pretend they got it there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have an Uncle who got saved at my old Church in Warren.he helped get a bunch of us going to "that Church"....
then he left it :agrue: and pretended he got saved in Catholicism :shocked!: :shocked!:
his decision rocked the whole bunch of us.of course i stayed in the Church because of my experience with the Lord there.

to this day it has had eternal consequences....for ...sighs...

all our moves do.and if you can read this and not hang your head in anguish...you are a blessed person.

brodave wrote:I think you have to remember when the new testiment was written all believers were baptised in the Holy Spirit.There was no issue abuout when a person was baptised in the Holy Spirit.I don't say you have to be baptised in the holy Spirit for the gifts to be manifested.I just have never seen the gifts manifested in a church that does not believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit.