Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Modern "GRACE" gospel

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: The Modern "GRACE" gospel

Post by branham1965 »

post doubled up on me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by branham1965 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Rocky,
thank you for the kind post.
i MUST respectfully disagree.
Rocky i had the Dake Bible in 1977.im not boasting or bragging. :lol: :lol: :lol: i am stating the truth.not bragging on me !!!!im a wretch without the Lord Jesus.

when the Apostles met the lame man at the gate beautiful they did what Rocky??
"silver and gold have i none but such as i have give i thee in the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH RISE UP AND WALK. you see Rocky my friend the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH WAS ORALLY spoke over the man Rocky.just like Trinitarian Brethren speak it over people!!!!!or do they say by the authority of???or nothing at all.no they dont do they.its nonsense.its a smokescreen to take away the truth and its Power.
the Authority and Power of Heaven is invoked as the NAME OF JESUS is SPOKEN IN FAITH by those joined with Him.it is pronounced ORALLY to receive its Power and blessings!!!!!!!!!!!Verse 16 says His NAME through faith in His NAME ....the man was healed.the Jewish religionistS commanded them not to use the NAME OF JESUS in preaching or teaching.
Matt 7:21 talks about A NAME
Matt 9:38;Luke 9;49 we saw one casting out devils IN THY N-A-M-E
repentance and remission of sins is preached in His N-A-M-E beginning at Jerusalem
Lord the devils are subject to us through THY N-A-M-E. Luke 10
Acts 2,4:10 the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST,Acts 8,10,,9,16,19 :| ,22 etc
1 Cor 6:11 in the NAME.
IN MY NAME THEY SALL CAST OUT DEVILS......Mark 16;15-20.
the NAME of Matthew 28 ;18-20 is the LORD JESUS CHRIST.
when Paul confronted the girl with the demon of divination in her what did he say?????
"but Paul being grieved turned :| and said unto her :| I COMMAND THEE IN THE N-A-M-E OF JESUS CHRIST :|
TO COME OUT OF HER .and he came out the same hour." Acts 16:18.
obey God ...or men.let God be true.Romans 3:4.
as for me and my house... :|
Rocky wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Chris,
you are fighting against the Lord.
ACTS 2:38-39 SAYS REPENT AND BE IMMERSED IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST FOR THE REMISSION -FORGIVENESS OF SINS AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST!!!!! if thats changed its not by the Lord.its by man.
you can attack me.basically say im going to hell and so on ...but im the bad guy.
no Chris
its not pride.i know im garbage.total filth and trash without the BLOOD OF JESUS.im telling you the truth.
the dead man you once knew really died and is now alive=because of the Lord Jesus Christ. praise you Jesus.
Chris
you REALLY need what my Pastor/Bishop practices and preaches.the real genuine New Testament Pentecostal Apostolic Holy Ghost experience. :|

cpbeller wrote:Ok, Billy...you are wrong, but ok. I have done what I can, given the truth, and you continue to reject it. But on a note, you claim that Dake was always right, or always spot on? You might want to check Dake's notes on baptism, because you are at complete odds with his teaching. In fact, take a look at his notes on Matthew 3:6, particularly 3 Baptisms for the Believer (in my bible it is NOTE n).

I also want to address one other point. You continue to bring up your age when in discussion with me. You continue to disregard the things I say, because you are older than I am. The only thing your age proves is your pride. There are plenty of men, older than you, who have died and gone to hell because they "knew more" because they were older. Just something to think about, Billy.

Macca, you said this: "Maybe like i said, you may be onto something here Billy."

The only thing Billy is on to in regards to this doctrine he is pushing on here is a false doctrine. We are NOT saved by works. We are saved by grace, through faith. It doesn't take water baptism, it doesn't take speaking in tongues (in fact, a man cannot even receive the baptism in the spirit until AFTER he is saved, the Spirit cannot be received by natural man), it doesn't even take cleaning up your own life (we cannot clean up our own lives without the power of God anyways). All it takes is child-like faith in the Name of Jesus. That is it. This nonsense mixing works into the salvation process is tossing a filthy, dirty, rotten, all used up tampon before God and telling Him that he must save us based off of that filth. That is what our righteousness is like before God (Isaiah 64:6).

I will say this one more time, and after this, I wash my hands of this discussion. If people want to believe that God owes them salvation because of the works that they do, then so be it. Stand before Almighty God, shaking your fist in demand. But the truth of the matter is this:

Ephesians 2:8-10 (NKJV)

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

God bless, and be cautious of these false doctrines that rob God the glory of his grace in the life of the Christian.
Hi branham, please read brother.
I know you are one who loves the Lord according to your confession. And I mean no disrespect to you or your church and Pastor. Being baptised in the name of Jesus means by the authority of Jesus. Meaning as him being Gods agent in salvation and Gods redemptive plan for man, and all that entails. Not being baptised in water with invoking his name like the biblical formula we are given in Matt 28. You see being baptised unto Christ is not speaking of water baptism. That is what water baptism symbolizes, us being dead, buried, and resurrected with Christ through faith. Being baptized unto Christ is what happens when the sinner Comes to Christ when initial salvation takes place before water baptism and the baptism of the Holy ghost with the evidence of speaking with other tongues. If that were the case how does one explain the thief on the cross? Now there is a lot of I believe, error in the oneness theology. Even without getting into the tri-unity of God. Water baptism does not save in the sense the oneness denomination teaches, or the way ROMAN catholics believe, which in a sense is similar. I know you have a DARB, read and study the notes on Acts 2:38 and 10:48, and Romans 6:3-5 this helped me to understand this. I believe water baptism if we are able, we need to be water baptized but the act does not bring salvation. And concerning speaking in tongues that is not required for salvation aswell. Yes without the Holy spirit one cannot be saved. But if you study this every Born again believer at initial salvation has the indwelling workings of the holy spirit(2 timothy 1:14) to regenerate(Titus 3:5) to convict of sin(john 16:8) to be a helper(John 14:26)to sanctify(Romans 15:16). But that is a separate then the baptism of the holy Ghost(John 20:22). The baptism of the Holy Ghost is not for salvation but to be empowered for service to recieve the gifts of the spirit, for ministry to be witnesses. For every born again believer to receive Power to do the works of Christ, the miracle working of Christ etc.
Last edited by branham1965 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

macca
Watchman Nee said
we Protestants teach that he that believeth and is saved shall be baptized.thats NOT what the text says.he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved.
dont half step macca.im telling you the truth.the saving delivering Power of God is in the Apostolic Church.its in others too.but some have ...lost it.
telling a bloke you confess that beer out of your hand is not Pentecost.or go to your shrink more.is not Pentecost.or ill just ignore you is not Pentecost.
REAL Pentecost is taking a broken down messed up suicidal person filled with remorse and hate ...throwing down 400-500 grogs a month and the POWER hitting him and him being INSTANTLY SET FREE BY THE POWER OF GOD.
you get it right mate.the showman you see is because they lost the POWER.

like Dad Hagin said when you lose it the malarkey starts....
in the Oneness or Apostolic Churches the way called heresy by some you see women dressed modestly,men acting like men and the old time POWER there like the Pioneers in Pentecost had.like Bother William Branham had.my Bishop has it.its not fabricated.not faked.not emergent Churched.not rubbish!!! HES REAL!!! IM FREE!!!!DONT BLESS ME.DONT TELL ME IM GLAD YOUR MOTHER WAS SAVED AFTER YOU WAITING 37 YEARS 37 YEARS I GRIEVED FOR HER!!!!!ITS ON THOSE WHO DID NOT.
my mother was saved there.the POWER hit her.i never dreamed id see it.
i completely disagree with Chris because he is * what he says.he is on me for telling him the truth.or disagreeing with him.and has me in hell for it.if i go there for obeying the Lord then something is wrong.
everything i write here is on me.no books ,pamphlets its me. :-|
macca wrote:
cpbeller wrote:Ok, Billy...you are wrong, but ok. I have done what I can, given the truth, and you continue to reject it. But on a note, you claim that Dake was always right, or always spot on? You might want to check Dake's notes on baptism, because you are at complete odds with his teaching. In fact, take a look at his notes on Matthew 3:6, particularly 3 Baptisms for the Believer (in my bible it is NOTE n).

I also want to address one other point. You continue to bring up your age when in discussion with me. You continue to disregard the things I say, because you are older than I am. The only thing your age proves is your pride. There are plenty of men, older than you, who have died and gone to hell because they "knew more" because they were older. Just something to think about, Billy.

Macca, you said this: "Maybe like i said, you may be onto something here Billy."

The only thing Billy is on to in regards to this doctrine he is pushing on here is a false doctrine. We are NOT saved by works. We are saved by grace, through faith. It doesn't take water baptism, it doesn't take speaking in tongues (in fact, a man cannot even receive the baptism in the spirit until AFTER he is saved, the Spirit cannot be received by natural man), it doesn't even take cleaning up your own life (we cannot clean up our own lives without the power of God anyways). All it takes is child-like faith in the Name of Jesus. That is it. This nonsense mixing works into the salvation process is tossing a filthy, dirty, rotten, all used up tampon before God and telling Him that he must save us based off of that filth. That is what our righteousness is like before God (Isaiah 64:6).

I will say this one more time, and after this, I wash my hands of this discussion. If people want to believe that God owes them salvation because of the works that they do, then so be it. Stand before Almighty God, shaking your fist in demand. But the truth of the matter is this:

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

God bless, and be cautious of these false doctrines that rob God the glory of his grace in the life of the Christian.

Stike a light, has WW3 started? and no muslums in sight!
I agree with all you say Chris,, its the force of the holiness message that struck me from what Billy is saying....

Like the book of Acts describes, the power with God that the christians had then and my lack of, is were i am coming from? i think :crazyeyes:

They were saved, baptised in water, baptised in the Spirit with tongues flying everywhere to the point of it being a natural consequence and the power of God very evident.
(Spirit baptism and water baptism in no particular order)

Holiness being the bond that held it all together,,,,Acts.5:

Once holiness eased the showman took over and sin ruled the camp....

does that make any sense?????????????? :-)

macca

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Billy Wrote,
"
"silver and gold have i none but such as i have give i thee in the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH RISE UP AND WALK. you see Rocky my friend the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH WAS ORALLY spoke over the man Rocky.just like Trinitarian Brethren speak it over people!!!!!or do they say by the authority of???or nothing at all.no they dont do they.its nonsense.its a smokescreen to take away the truth and its Power.
the Authority and Power of Heaven is invoked as the NAME OF JESUS is SPOKEN IN FAITH by those joined with Him.it is pronounced ORALLY to receive its Power and blessings!!!!!!!!!!!Verse 16 says His NAME through faith in His NAME ....the man was healed.the Jewish religionistS commanded them not to use the NAME OF JESUS in preaching or teaching.
repentance and remission of sins is preached in His N-A-M-E beginning at Jerusalem
Acts 2,4:10 the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST,Acts 8,10,,9,16,19 ,22 etc
when Paul confronted the girl with the demon of divination in her what did he say?????
"but Paul being grieved turned and said unto her I COMMAND THEE IN THE N-A-M-E OF JESUS CHRIST
as for me and my house... "

I'm with you billy.

We have the legal power of attorney right, the right to use Jesus Name. Anything we say or do or ask the Father In Jesus Name, it is as if Jesus Himself is doing the asking, doing the requested task, we are acting in His stead.

"And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you." (John 16:23).

The Father always hears Jesus, anything Jesus asks of the Father, the Father will give Him. When we ask or pray in the Name of Jesus the Father will allways give it you! It is as if Jesus Himself is doing the asking!

Ask in Jesus Name and He will do it;

"If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." (John 14:14).
Jesus Himself will go to the Father and ask for you and the Father will allways listen to Him.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Thats it i'm outa here, see ya all after christmas, maybe. :shocked!:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

macca wrote:Thats it i'm outa here, see ya all after christmas, maybe. :shocked!:
+scream +scream +scream +afraid +afraid +afraid +bugeyed
please dont go macca.people need to do the mountain goat headbuttin' each other or the 3 billy goats gruff from time to time.in my opinion.
if people get on here and agree with each other 100%%% of the time....its like a Watchtower study.dead as the dodo. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
in my opinion.im only a board member not the Top Cat or a Minister.just a layman.but thats my take.

this repeated.im pushing the button twice and... :o
Last edited by branham1965 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

macca wrote:Thats it i'm outa here, see ya all after christmas, maybe. :shocked!:

please dont go macca.
i hope you are joking. :agrue:

i will state my most holy faith Jude 20 the faith of Jesus Christ Gal 2:16ff that saved my life.and i make no apologies for that.im attempting to state my faith.period.

in no way am i trying to slam anyone.or take away their faith.
BUT if they start throwing the dogs and attacking the apostolic faith ...and even intimate anything negative about my Bishop who saved my mothers life and mine...
then its on. :lol: :lol: :lol: +hammer

usually they attack.then get a little response back .then they get really mad and take off. :agrue:

+wink2 +groundhog +baloon

cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Post by cpbeller »

Macca...don't worry, it was simply another attack on me by Billy. He seems to feel that he needs to do that, I guess. It is the cycle he goes through. Although, I seem to be about the only one he does it to for the most part.

And Billy...I was not attacking YOU. I was attacking your false doctrine that you are now pushing. You, though, attack me. I mean, really? What is this all about:

"its not fabricated.not faked.not emergent Churched.not rubbish!!! HES REAL!!! IM FREE!!!!DONT BLESS ME.DONT TELL ME IM GLAD YOUR MOTHER WAS SAVED AFTER YOU WAITING 37 YEARS 37 YEARS I GRIEVED FOR HER!!!!!ITS ON THOSE WHO DID NOT.
my mother was saved there.the POWER hit her.i never dreamed id see it.
i completely disagree with Chris because he is * what he says.he is on me for telling him the truth.or disagreeing with him.and has me in hell for it"

Really? so all those different times you called me, drunk, cussing me out on my answering machine, daring me to have the balls to call you back...and I did...and I prayed with you. And I prayed for you. And I was always there for you when you needed me to talk to...all of it was just a show on my part? Really? All this time I have been praying for you and your family, and you have this to say to me? Why do you continue to bite my hands, Billy? Why do you continue to need to smear my face in the mud? And honestly, I am not even sure what this even means: "I completely disagree with Chris because he is * what he says"

What does the * mean? You continue to have the desire to attack me as a person...that is ok. You say, "DON'T BLESS ME" Sorry, not going to happen. That is the one thing you cannot stop me from doing, praying for you. After this last attack on me by you, I was nearly done. I was finished...don't need the stress of you in my life. But the Lord spoke clearly to my spirit...calmed me down, and has made it clear to me that YOU are not MY enemy, no matter how much you try to be. This is coming from the heart...if you don't want any contact with me, fine. Then don't call me anymore. That is fine. But I will not let you loose to the Devil and that demonic doctrine that mixes works and grace for salvation. Not going to do it, Billy. No matter how many times, no matter what you say this time, or the next, or the next after that, or the next after that one.

Salvation is the easiest thing in the Bible to understand, my 8 year old child can understand it. And it is as simple as Ephesians 2:8-10 and Romans 10:9-10. And that is what I am going to stand on.

So you go ahead and bite my hand. You keep on with your attacks on me and my character. You go on and continue to live by your "51 years of knowledge"....Keep on, keeping on, brother. But don't expect me to give up on you. Don't expect me to hand you over to the enemy and loose you forever to a false demon doctrine that demands you must perform for salvation. Because, Billy...it just isn't going to happen.

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Chris,
im an Apostolic Pentecostal Christian now.and always will be.
do you think i am going to ever listen to YOU or anyone else on here =over my Pastor and Bishop????the man who saved my life!!!!!!!!!!!!who saved my Mother's life!!!!
not a chance in hades.
Kenneth Copeland and Creflo Dollar all of them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: could come here.i would tell them to leave if they were badmouthing my Church,my Apostolic Faith and my Pastor and Bishop. :-|

Now... i thank you very much for all your great kindness to me.talking to me.calling all of that.im not an ingrate.you are a good guy.i love you in Christ.if you needed me id help you.
i thank you very much. what i did before i am gutted by and terribly ashamed of. :o :o :o :o
:lol: :lol: yesterday with your comment about me and about Reverend Dake ....why will you throw it all out there and post it on here for ALL to see to make me look like a maggot or a worm... :agrue:
the * meant i called you a parrot.repeating others teachings.that was wrong.

attend to yourself.save yourself Acts 2:41 and your family.
trust and believe we are not going to agree.ever.because i know what happened to me in Warren and here in Columbus was REAL!!!!!!! From God.from the Lord Jesus .from the Holy Ghost.from HEAVEN!!!!

i do respect God and His Order.go to your Pastor and listen to HIM.not me.

and trust and believe after what i was delivered from....the hell and bondage etc. ... i will listen to BISHOP POSEY. :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :scatter:

im sorry it got to this on here.
billy :agrue:
Last edited by branham1965 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

branham1965 wrote:Rocky,
thank you for the kind post.
i MUST respectfully disagree.
Rocky i had the Dake Bible in 1977.im not boasting or bragging. :lol: :lol: :lol: i am stating the truth.not bragging on me !!!!im a wretch without the Lord Jesus.

Acts 2,4:10 the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST,Acts 8,10,,9,16,19 :| ,22 etc
"but Paul being grieved turned :| and said unto her :| I COMMAND THEE IN THE N-A-M-E OF JESUS CHRIST :|
as for me and my house... :|
Rocky wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Chris,
you are fighting against the Lord.
ACTS 2:38-39 SAYS REPENT AND BE IMMERSED IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST FOR THE REMISSION -FORGIVENESS OF SINS AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST!!!!! if thats changed its not by the Lord.its by man.
you can attack me.basically say im going to hell and so on ...but im the bad guy.
no Chris
its not pride.i know im garbage.total filth and trash without the BLOOD OF JESUS.im telling you the truth.
the dead man you once knew really died and is now alive=because of the Lord Jesus Christ. praise you Jesus.
Chris
you REALLY need what my Pastor/Bishop practices and preaches.the real genuine New Testament Pentecostal Apostolic Holy Ghost experience. :|

Hi branham, please read brother.
I know you are one who loves the Lord according to your confession. And I mean no disrespect to you or your church and Pastor. Being baptised in the name of Jesus means by the authority of Jesus. Meaning as him being Gods agent in salvation and Gods redemptive plan for man, and all that entails. Not being baptised in water with invoking his name like the biblical formula we are given in Matt 28. You see being baptised unto Christ is not speaking of water baptism. That is what water baptism symbolizes, us being dead, buried, and resurrected with Christ through faith. Being baptized unto Christ is what happens when the sinner Comes to Christ when initial salvation takes place before water baptism and the baptism of the Holy ghost with the evidence of speaking with other tongues. If that were the case how does one explain the thief on the cross? Now there is a lot of I believe, error in the oneness theology. Even without getting into the tri-unity of God. Water baptism does not save in the sense the oneness denomination teaches, or the way ROMAN catholics believe, which in a sense is similar. I know you have a DARB, read and study the notes on Acts 2:38 and 10:48, and Romans 6:3-5 this helped me to understand this. I believe water baptism if we are able, we need to be water baptized but the act does not bring salvation. And concerning speaking in tongues that is not required for salvation aswell. Yes without the Holy spirit one cannot be saved. But if you study this every Born again believer at initial salvation has the indwelling workings of the holy spirit(2 timothy 1:14) to regenerate(Titus 3:5) to convict of sin(john 16:8) to be a helper(John 14:26)to sanctify(Romans 15:16). But that is a separate then the baptism of the holy Ghost(John 20:22). The baptism of the Holy Ghost is not for salvation but to be empowered for service to recieve the gifts of the spirit, for ministry to be witnesses. For every born again believer to receive Power to do the works of Christ, the miracle working of Christ etc.
I am in agreement concerning the power of the name of Jesus. But I was talking about water baptism. I was Not talking about invoking Jesus' name in healings, casting out devils and so forth, I absolutely believe in that. I merely was talking about the belief in water baptism and the misunderstanding of the above Scriptures I gave concerning water baptism, that is misinterpreted in the Jesus only or oneness movement.