Dake Bible Discussion BoardA breath of sound doctrine concerning Daniel's 70 Weeks

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: A breath of sound doctrine concerning Daniel's 70 Weeks

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:again you nailed it mate :angel: :angel: :angel:

there are so called orthodox scholars :lol: :lol: :lol: who deny a literal burning hell.Jesus taught a literal burning hell.

one is John Stott from pommieland=England.he is a well respected scholar.and has changed his view.Samuel R.Bacchiocchhi a Seventh Day Adventist scholar who even studied in Rome at the Vatican itself :shocked!: :shocked!: changed Stott.

the late Homer Hailey is respected by many.he adresses this in his book God's judgement's on individual and nations CEI 800/633-3216.

Benjamin Fudge wrote the fire that consumes.
these fellows believe a person will be punished and then burned up like a log...into ashes.

all of them according to Reverend Dake are REALLY off.please see section war on the saints DARB and the notes on Satan in the notes on Psalms DARB.
Will do mate1

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Some people seem to think we are all God's children and as such will eventually be saved no matter what we believe, and then some people believe they are christians because they go to church,pray, heal the sick, preach, evangelise,fast,give money,been baptised,and will make heaven because they say so....

Listen to what Jesus says..
Matt.7:21-23;
Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; BUT HE THAT DOES THE WILL OF MY FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in my name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works?
And then I will profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU; depart from me you that work iniquity.

Read Luke. 13:22-30; as well

That covers those who know the truth about Jesus, but what about those that don't know?
All people outside of the church of Jesus Christ that are not born again are lost and are not children of God,,,,or else the gospel is circumvented by trickery to get some into the church while others sneak in the back door anyway,, see, John.10:
Horror you cry, well why did God destroy all but 8 in the flood? surely there was many deserving unpolluted people other then Noah? but you see Noah was the ONLY RIGHTEOUS ONE ALIVE THAT WAS NOT INFECTED BY ANGELS.

Just like in the days of Noah it will come upon this world again and God will destroy all those who are NOT HIS AGAIN.....not only that but He will give them all resurected bodies and throw into the lake of fire for ever......

There is NO universal salvation you sons of satan that preach that devilish lie. :evilbat:

macca

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

we are not all God's children.
we are born into this world children of father Adam.born in sin and shapen in iniquity.by nature children of wrath.

and so we must be born again to enter the Kingdom of God.

macca wrote:Some people seem to think we are all God's children and as such will eventually be saved no matter what we believe, and then some people believe they are christians because they go to church,pray, heal the sick, preach, evangelise,fast,give money,been baptised,and will make heaven because they say so....

Listen to what Jesus says..
Matt.7:21-23;
Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; BUT HE THAT DOES THE WILL OF MY FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in my name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works?
And then I will profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU; depart from me you that work iniquity.

Read Luke. 13:22-30; as well

That covers those who know the truth about Jesus, but what about those that don't know?
All people outside of the church of Jesus Christ that are not born again are lost and are not children of God,,,,or else the gospel is circumvented by trickery to get some into the church while others sneak in the back door anyway,, see, John.10:
Horror you cry, well why did God destroy all but 8 in the flood? surely there was many deserving unpolluted people other then Noah? but you see Noah was the ONLY RIGHTEOUS ONE ALIVE THAT WAS NOT INFECTED BY ANGELS.

Just like in the days of Noah it will come upon this world again and God will destroy all those who are NOT HIS AGAIN.....not only that but He will give them all resurected bodies and throw into the lake of fire for ever......

There is NO universal salvation you sons of satan that preach that devilish lie. :evilbat:

macca

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

THERE IS A HEAVEN TO GAIN .......AND A HELL TO SHUN. :|

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

:angel:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

HAZ

let them have it mate.both barrels!!! :turn-l:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Stand up and be counted mate!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Scottae wrote;
"No where here does it Jesus say anything about a person must work out their own salvation, it is just the opposite God gave His Son for our salvation. John does say that we must believe and that of course is true, but in light of this and other Scripture it has nothing to do with people working out their salvation."

The Bible is chock full of God's revelation of His plan for men. He reveales His plan from beginning to end. He shows the rewards to those who conform to His plan and He also shows the penalties for those who do not conform to His plan.

It is up to us, free moral agents to choose which way we want to go. Some will choose God's way. others will refuse to go with God. Thats how we are to work out our own salvation. Like I have said many times, God will not force anyone to choose Him, as much as He wants everyone to be saved, in the end, its up to us to want to be saved.

scottae316
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by scottae316 »

Ironman wrote:Scottae wrote;
"No where here does it Jesus say anything about a person must work out their own salvation, it is just the opposite God gave His Son for our salvation. John does say that we must believe and that of course is true, but in light of this and other Scripture it has nothing to do with people working out their salvation."

The Bible is chock full of God's revelation of His plan for men. He reveales His plan from beginning to end. He shows the rewards to those who conform to His plan and He also shows the penalties for those who do not conform to His plan.

It is up to us, free moral agents to choose which way we want to go. Some will choose God's way. others will refuse to go with God. Thats how we are to work out our own salvation. Like I have said many times, God will not force anyone to choose Him, as much as He wants everyone to be saved, in the end, its up to us to want to be saved.

So then you are saying that someone who is dead in sin can choose God on their own? So are you saying that God planned for Adam to sin and fall?

You say;
Ironman wrote: He shows the rewards to those who conform to His plan and He also shows the penalties for those who do not conform to His plan.
What you are saying here is that we need to follow the Law, that if we conform or do what God commands we will be rewarded, brother that is works righteousness. Sorry, Christ and Christ alone is my hope of salvation. Nothing I can do or conform to will bring forgiveness of sin and justification. I thank God that I have nothing to do for my salvation, I cannot do anything that will earn it for me God does it all.

You are confusing God's plan for humanity and individuals with how God brings about salvation. You are right we are free moral agents and we can reject God's salvation, but on the other hand we do nothing for our salvation.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

dolph wrote:Haz, does a school teacher give her class a test so hard that most students flunk the test?"

A teacher reminded her pupils of tomorrow's final exam.

'Now listen to me, I won't tolerate any excuses for you not being here tomorrow.

I might consider a nuclear attack or a serious personal injury, illness, or a death in your immediate family, but that's it, no other excuses whatsoever!'

A smart-alec right handed student at the back of the class raised his hand and asked, 'What would happen if I came in tomorrow suffering from complete and utter sexual exhaustion?'

The entire class was reduced to laughter and sniggering.

When silence was restored, the teacher smiled at the student, shook her head and sweetly said,

'Well, I suppose you'd have to write with your left hand'.