Dake Bible Discussion BoardA breath of sound doctrine concerning Daniel's 70 Weeks

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

A breath of sound doctrine concerning Daniel's 70 Weeks

Post by bibleman »

Been a lot of UN-Scriptural comments on the board of late - so I just thought I would set the record straight.
Daniel’s 70 Weeks (Dan. 9:24-27) - The expression “70 weeks’ literally means 70 sevens of years. If days were meant it would be so expressed, as in Dan. 10:3. Daniel’s prayer, to which this vision was an answer, did not concern days, but years (Dan. 9:2). Also, we know from Scripture that the last week (Dan. 9:27) is divided into two parts of 3½ years each (Dan. 7:25; 12:7; Rev. 11:2-3; 12:5, 14; 13:5). The whole period of 490 years is marked off from all other years and concern only “thy people [Israel] and thy holy city [Jerusalem],” for which Daniel was praying (Dan. 6:10; 9:1-23). There are six prophetic events to take place during these 490 years relative to Israel and Jerusalem, for six purposes:

1. To Finish the Transgression - The Hebrew word for “transgression” here is pasha`. It means “to revolt, rebel, or sin against lawful authority.” It is often translated “transgression” (Ps. 51:13; Isa. 43:27). This transgression has reference to Israel in her rebellion against God. This prophecy foretells the culmination of that rebellion. The law was added because of transgression until the Seed should come, and it served as a schoolmaster to lead Israel to Christ (Gal. 3:17-25). Israel failed to receive their Messiah so they were broken off in unbelief from God’s favor as a nation. They will not be received again fully until the Second Coming of Christ, who will “turn ungodliness from Jacob” and cause a nation to be born again at once (Rom. 11:25-29; Isa. 66:7-10; Ezek. 36:24-30; Zech. 12:10–13:1).

2. To Make an End of Sins - Israel’s sins, if collected as concrete matter, would fill the earth. She has been in rebellion against God from her beginning and she will continue in this state until the fulfillment of this prophecy at the return of Christ. This “end of sins” will not be made until after the tribulation, but from that time on Israel will obey God forever (Ezek. 36:24-30; 37:24-27; 43:7; Zech. 14:1-21).

3. To Make Atonement for Iniquity - The Hebrew word for “iniquity” is `avon and means “perverseness, to be crooked, or wrung out of course” (1 Sam. 20:30; 2 Sam. 19:19; Job 33:33). Atonement was made on the cross for the whole world, but Israel as a nation has not yet appropriated its benefits and won’t do so until Christ’s return (Zech. 13:1-7; Rom. 11:25-27; Isa. 66:7-8).

4. To Bring in Everlasting Righteousness - When the transgression has been finished, an end of sins made, and the full benefits of the atonement will have been realized by Israel, then everlasting righteousness will be ushered in (Isa. 9:6-7; 12:1-6; Dan. 7:13-14, 18, 27; Mt. 25:31-46; Ezek. 43:7; Rom. 11:25-29).

5. To Seal up the Vision and Prophecy - This means to make an end of certain prophecies concerning Israel and Jerusalem. The word “prophecy” should be translated “prophet,” as elsewhere. It means that there will be no further need of inspired men to rebuke Israel in an attempt to lead them into the way of righteousness “for all shall know the Lord from the least unto the greatest” (Jer. 31:31-40; Isa. 11:9).

6. To Anoint the Most Holy - This refers to the cleansing of the Holy of Holies, the temple, and the city of Jerusalem from the abomination of desolation and the sacrilege of Gentiles, and to the establishment and anointing of the Millennial temple of Ezek. 40-43, which is yet to be built by Christ at His Second Advent (Zech. 6:12-13).

Not one of the six events above has been fulfilled as yet concerning Israel and Jerusalem. They must be fulfilled in the future in the 70th Week (the last seven years of this age) between the rapture and the Second Advent. They will parallel the seven-year covenant made between Antichrist and Israel (Dan. 9:27; Mt. 24:15-22). The seven-year period will be the time when all the events of Mt. 24:4-31; 25:31-46; Rev. 4:1–19:21 will be fulfilled, and when the whole seven-year tribulation will run its course. What is to happen during this Week was not revealed to Daniel in detail, but it was made known to John in Rev. 4:1–19:21. Other details were revealed by Jesus in Mt. 24:4-31; 25:31-46; Lk. 21:1-11, 25-36. This Week of years will begin after the rapture of the Church and continue to the Second Advent. The present Church Age comes in between the 69th and 70th Weeks, or between Israel’s rejection as a nation (Mt. 23:37-39; Rom. 9-11) and her conversion as a nation at the Second Advent of Christ (Isa. 66:7-8; Zech. 12:10–13:1; Rom. 11:25-29). Finis J. Dake, The Rapture and the Second Coming of Christ, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Publishing, Inc., 1998), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, 13.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: A breath of sound doctrine concerning Daniel's 70 Weeks

Post by branham1965 »

Coach Woody Hayes before his death in 1987 gave the commencement adress at Ohio State .he was quite brilliant.he taught history here.hes only remembered for his awful temper.

he was quoting Emerson in his speech and said no one put it better than him.

well on Bible subjects NOONE puts it better than Reverend Dake.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

bibleman wrote:Been a lot of UN-Scriptural comments on the board of late - so I just thought I would set the record straight.
Daniel’s 70 Weeks (Dan. 9:24-27) - The expression “70 weeks’ literally means 70 sevens of years. If days were meant it would be so expressed, as in Dan. 10:3. Daniel’s prayer, to which this vision was an answer, did not concern days, but years (Dan. 9:2). Also, we know from Scripture that the last week (Dan. 9:27) is divided into two parts of 3½ years each (Dan. 7:25; 12:7; Rev. 11:2-3; 12:5, 14; 13:5). The whole period of 490 years is marked off from all other years and concern only “thy people [Israel] and thy holy city [Jerusalem],” for which Daniel was praying (Dan. 6:10; 9:1-23). There are six prophetic events to take place during these 490 years relative to Israel and Jerusalem, for six purposes:

1. To Finish the Transgression - The Hebrew word for “transgression” here is pasha`. It means “to revolt, rebel, or sin against lawful authority.” It is often translated “transgression” (Ps. 51:13; Isa. 43:27). This transgression has reference to Israel in her rebellion against God. This prophecy foretells the culmination of that rebellion. The law was added because of transgression until the Seed should come, and it served as a schoolmaster to lead Israel to Christ (Gal. 3:17-25). Israel failed to receive their Messiah so they were broken off in unbelief from God’s favor as a nation. They will not be received again fully until the Second Coming of Christ, who will “turn ungodliness from Jacob” and cause a nation to be born again at once (Rom. 11:25-29; Isa. 66:7-10; Ezek. 36:24-30; Zech. 12:10–13:1).

2. To Make an End of Sins - Israel’s sins, if collected as concrete matter, would fill the earth. She has been in rebellion against God from her beginning and she will continue in this state until the fulfillment of this prophecy at the return of Christ. This “end of sins” will not be made until after the tribulation, but from that time on Israel will obey God forever (Ezek. 36:24-30; 37:24-27; 43:7; Zech. 14:1-21).

3. To Make Atonement for Iniquity - The Hebrew word for “iniquity” is `avon and means “perverseness, to be crooked, or wrung out of course” (1 Sam. 20:30; 2 Sam. 19:19; Job 33:33). Atonement was made on the cross for the whole world, but Israel as a nation has not yet appropriated its benefits and won’t do so until Christ’s return (Zech. 13:1-7; Rom. 11:25-27; Isa. 66:7-8).

4. To Bring in Everlasting Righteousness - When the transgression has been finished, an end of sins made, and the full benefits of the atonement will have been realized by Israel, then everlasting righteousness will be ushered in (Isa. 9:6-7; 12:1-6; Dan. 7:13-14, 18, 27; Mt. 25:31-46; Ezek. 43:7; Rom. 11:25-29).

5. To Seal up the Vision and Prophecy - This means to make an end of certain prophecies concerning Israel and Jerusalem. The word “prophecy” should be translated “prophet,” as elsewhere. It means that there will be no further need of inspired men to rebuke Israel in an attempt to lead them into the way of righteousness “for all shall know the Lord from the least unto the greatest” (Jer. 31:31-40; Isa. 11:9).

6. To Anoint the Most Holy - This refers to the cleansing of the Holy of Holies, the temple, and the city of Jerusalem from the abomination of desolation and the sacrilege of Gentiles, and to the establishment and anointing of the Millennial temple of Ezek. 40-43, which is yet to be built by Christ at His Second Advent (Zech. 6:12-13).

Not one of the six events above has been fulfilled as yet concerning Israel and Jerusalem. They must be fulfilled in the future in the 70th Week (the last seven years of this age) between the rapture and the Second Advent. They will parallel the seven-year covenant made between Antichrist and Israel (Dan. 9:27; Mt. 24:15-22). The seven-year period will be the time when all the events of Mt. 24:4-31; 25:31-46; Rev. 4:1–19:21 will be fulfilled, and when the whole seven-year tribulation will run its course. What is to happen during this Week was not revealed to Daniel in detail, but it was made known to John in Rev. 4:1–19:21. Other details were revealed by Jesus in Mt. 24:4-31; 25:31-46; Lk. 21:1-11, 25-36. This Week of years will begin after the rapture of the Church and continue to the Second Advent. The present Church Age comes in between the 69th and 70th Weeks, or between Israel’s rejection as a nation (Mt. 23:37-39; Rom. 9-11) and her conversion as a nation at the Second Advent of Christ (Isa. 66:7-8; Zech. 12:10–13:1; Rom. 11:25-29). Finis J. Dake, The Rapture and the Second Coming of Christ, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Publishing, Inc., 1998), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, 13.
Thanks chief. I re-read this, last night and this morning in my GPfM book and I couldn't agree more. Check the scriptures, check them again, re-check them, and it is absolutly correct. There is no interpretation, no pet theory, no missunderstanding, nothing can change "what is written." To understand God's word all we need do is read, pray, listen to the Holy Spirit with an open and honest heart, be guided and believe. Thats all it takes. Anyone who can read English and understand plain human language and says they cannot understand this doesnt want to believe it and is in open rebellion against the word of God. Thats my take.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i agree Haz.
ive gotten upset with a few positions of the Reverend.then i got to searching and i ...thought according to the Word of God hes spot on.its ME who is in the pigsty.Eternal Sonship.i was taught this was so.now i see i was wrong believing this.Reverend Dake was right according to the Bible.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

The second gathering of Israel has been taking place since 1948 when Israel became a nation again. This second gathering will continue in fulfillment only inpart, untill the second coming of Christ, and then all Israel will be gathered from all lands to manke an eternal nation under their messiah, Angels will bring about the final regathering of Israel Matt. 24:31.

This is really the first and actually the greatest sign of the soon coming of Jesus that we can definately be clear about.

Taken from DPFM, the second gathering of Israel, Page 857.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

NineCrows
Esther

Post by NineCrows »

Bibleman,
I don't have any issue with disagreements, nor do I have an issue with your preference for the teachings of Rev. Dake (as this board is dedicated to him, it's only appropriate). I do take exception to your stating that viewpoints other than your own are unscriptural, however. Each of the statements from Daniel 9:24 could more appropriately be applied to Jesus's time on the earth than to a future time. I'd go through the fulfillments (from Scripture, and history), but I know that it wouldn't convince you anyway. It saddens me, not when someone doesn't agree with me (I'm used to that-though history is on my side on this issue), but when someone levels unwarrated accusations. That does no good for anyone. Disagreement (within bounds) can be healthy if done with the right attitude. I respect your viewpoint. Though I think you're wrong, I don't think that you're unscriptral. I simply think that you apply some Scriptures incorrectly. I'm sure that I do the same thing (as does everyone). I suspect that a lot of your frustration comes from your background, and the fact that you have come to your conclusions through much study. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that you were taught by amillenial covenant theologians? As you are neither of these, you are frustrated with those who are. I used to be a dispensational premillenialist, and am frustrated with those who still are. I suspect that the Truth may be something not considered by the covenant theologians or the dispensationalists (or the preterists, or the amillenialists, or the premillenialists). As great a teacher as even Rev. Dake was, he didn't get EVERYTHING right, and none of us do either. Let's attempt to find Truth, from the Scriptures, rather than stick labels on people without cause. Now if someone wants to bash the Bible, I'm all for ganging up on them and slapping them with all kinds of labels. But I, and the others whose posts I have read and who are the 'dissenting voices' on the end times issues on this board, take the Bible very seriously. With much respect.
Keith.

LORD, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. Mark 9:24.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

" I do take exception to your stating that viewpoints other than your own are unscriptural,"

Correct me if I am wrong, but I have never read Bibleman write; "Viewpoints other than his own are unscriptural?" No, I cant remember ever reading that in any post? Cheers Haz.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

NineCrows wrote:Bibleman,
I don't have any issue with disagreements, nor do I have an issue with your preference for the teachings of Rev. Dake (as this board is dedicated to him, it's only appropriate). I do take exception to your stating that viewpoints other than your own are unscriptural, however. Each of the statements from Daniel 9:24 could more appropriately be applied to Jesus's time on the earth than to a future time. I'd go through the fulfillments (from Scripture, and history), but I know that it wouldn't convince you anyway. It saddens me, not when someone doesn't agree with me (I'm used to that-though history is on my side on this issue), but when someone levels unwarrated accusations. That does no good for anyone. Disagreement (within bounds) can be healthy if done with the right attitude. I respect your viewpoint. Though I think you're wrong, I don't think that you're unscriptral. I simply think that you apply some Scriptures incorrectly. I'm sure that I do the same thing (as does everyone). I suspect that a lot of your frustration comes from your background, and the fact that you have come to your conclusions through much study. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that you were taught by amillenial covenant theologians? As you are neither of these, you are frustrated with those who are. I used to be a dispensational premillenialist, and am frustrated with those who still are. I suspect that the Truth may be something not considered by the covenant theologians or the dispensationalists (or the preterists, or the amillenialists, or the premillenialists). As great a teacher as even Rev. Dake was, he didn't get EVERYTHING right, and none of us do either. Let's attempt to find Truth, from the Scriptures, rather than stick labels on people without cause. Now if someone wants to bash the Bible, I'm all for ganging up on them and slapping them with all kinds of labels. But I, and the others whose posts I have read and who are the 'dissenting voices' on the end times issues on this board, take the Bible very seriously. With much respect.
Keith.
Hi Keith,

Glad you are sharing your heart, let me address a few of your points.

Above you said: "I do take exception to your stating that viewpoints other than your own are unscriptural, however."

Never said that. Can you point me to where I did?

Above you said: "Each of the statements from Daniel 9:24 could more appropriately be applied to Jesus's time on the earth than to a future time."

That is your opinion but sorry it is NOT Scriptural. But you are welcome to believe whatever you like, you have a right to your opinion.

Above you said: "It saddens me, not when someone doesn't agree with me (I'm used to that-though history is on my side on this issue), but when someone levels unwarrated accusations."

Where have I done that?

Above you said: "I respect your viewpoint. Though I think you're wrong,..."

Not a problem.

Above you said: "I suspect that a lot of your frustration comes from your background,..."

Sorry but I am NOT frustrated. (smile)

Above you said: "Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that you were taught by amillenial covenant theologians?"

In Seminary I was,.. BUT I was already solid in me theology BEFORE I attended Seminary, therefore in Seminary I learned what they believed but did NOT believe it when they taught it to me. At 20 I was saved. Studied God's Plan for Man for 5 years before I ever preached my first sermon. Evangelized from 1980 to 1982. Starting pastoring in 1982. In 1990 (eight years later after hiring full time people at church) I went to Seminary. Graduated n 1998. So as yo can see I had a Spiritual and Theologically sound Biblical education in "Dake studies" before ever attending Seminary.

Above you said: "I used to be a dispensational premillenialist, and am frustrated with those who still are."

Sorry to hear that... We don't want you to be frustrated.

Above you said: "I suspect that the Truth may be something not considered by the covenant theologians or the dispensationalists (or the preterists, or the amillenialists, or the premillenialists)."

Sound's like you still have your doubts.

Above you said: "As great a teacher as even Rev. Dake was, he didn't get EVERYTHING right, and none of us do either."

I would agree. But that does not change the simple facts of Scripture. The Bible says: "Ezekiel 18:4 (KJV) 4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die." So to say that NOT all souls that sin die would be UN-Scriptural wouldn't it. Same with Dake's teachings on the End times. As long as what Dake says lines up with Scripture it is Scriptural and what people say that does not line up with Scripture is UN-Scriptural.

Above you said: "Let's attempt to find Truth, from the Scriptures,"

Agreed! BUT what do you do when you find it? Do you say there might be other views are do you stick with Scripture?

On the issue of the End Times we have found the truth in the Bible... and to say anything else could ALSO be the truth would be a lie wouldn't it?

You are welcome here and I enjoy reading your post. But to think that we are going to walk away from the clear teachings of the Bible would be asking to much. If the Bible states something then that is the TRUTH and to walk away from that would be foolish indeed, wouldn't you say?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

NineCrows
Esther

Post by NineCrows »

Ironman wrote:
" I do take exception to your stating that viewpoints other than your own are unscriptural,"

Correct me if I am wrong, but I have never read Bibleman write; "Viewpoints other than his own are unscriptural?" No, I cant remember ever reading that in any post? Cheers Haz.
Look at the very first post in this thread. That's what I was responding to.

LORD, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. Mark 9:24.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

NineCrows wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Look at the very first post in this thread. That's what I was responding to.
I dont see where he said "Viewpoints other than his were unscriptural?" His comment was generalizing. I for one have made many unscriptural comments, i was corrected, I checked out the corrections and in fact found my viewpoints were in fact unscriptural and changed them.

Here is what he said;
"Been a lot of UN-Scriptural comments on the board of late - so I just thought I would set the record straight.'
. Seriously though, debating this further is totally unnecessary. It doesnt prove anything.
Last edited by Ironman on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.