Dake Bible Discussion BoardMartin Luther

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5656
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Martin Luther

Post by branham1965 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:00 pm

Post removed.


Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Thanks for the info, Haz.

As I said earlier, if the RCC was the true church, the Reformation was a fraud. And, if the RCC was not the true church, the Reformation was a fraud.
  • Matthew 7:18 King James Version
    • A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Martin Luther

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:47 pm

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

:mrgreen:
branham1965 wrote:Post removed.


Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Thanks for the info, Haz.

As I said earlier, if the RCC was the true church, the Reformation was a fraud. And, if the RCC was not the true church, the Reformation was a fraud.
  • Matthew 7:18 King James Version
    • A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.


"Behold, He cometh with clouds; and EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen."
— Revelation 1:7 (King James Version)

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2816
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Martin Luther

Post by Ironman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:59 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Thanks for the info, Haz.

As I said earlier, if the RCC was the true church, the Reformation was a fraud. And, if the RCC was not the true church, the Reformation was a fraud.
  • Matthew 7:18 King James Version
    • A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
God opened Luthers eyes to the many false teachings, lies atrocities and corruption being peddled by the RCC and he was brave enough to expose many of them. Martin Luther died on February 18, 1546. One month before, he wrote to a friend complaining of the infirmities of his age, “I, old, weary, lazy, worn-out, cold, chilly, and, over and above, one-eyed man.” He then sighs, “Half-dead as I am, I might be left in peace.”Just before he died, Luther preached what would be his last sermon from his deathbed in Eisleben. The “sermon” consisted of simply quoting two texts, one from the Psalms and one from the Gospels. Luther cited Psalm 68:19, “Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation.” Then he cited John 3:16. Our God is indeed a God of salvation, and that salvation comes through the work of His Son.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Martin Luther

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:47 pm

Ironman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Thanks for the info, Haz.

As I said earlier, if the RCC was the true church, the Reformation was a fraud. And, if the RCC was not the true church, the Reformation was a fraud.
  • Matthew 7:18 King James Version
    • A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
God opened Luthers eyes to the many false teachings, lies atrocities and corruption being peddled by the RCC and he was brave enough to expose many of them. Martin Luther died on February 18, 1546. One month before, he wrote to a friend complaining of the infirmities of his age, “I, old, weary, lazy, worn-out, cold, chilly, and, over and above, one-eyed man.” He then sighs, “Half-dead as I am, I might be left in peace.”Just before he died, Luther preached what would be his last sermon from his deathbed in Eisleben. The “sermon” consisted of simply quoting two texts, one from the Psalms and one from the Gospels. Luther cited Psalm 68:19, “Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation.” Then he cited John 3:16. Our God is indeed a God of salvation, and that salvation comes through the work of His Son.
Do you know if he softened up on those who rejected infant baptism, before he died? Did he ever retract his position that refusing infant baptism was a crime worthy of death?


"Behold, He cometh with clouds; and EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen."
— Revelation 1:7 (King James Version)

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5656
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Martin Luther

Post by branham1965 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:33 pm

:angel: :angel:
Ironman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Thanks for the info, Haz.

As I said earlier, if the RCC was the true church, the Reformation was a fraud. And, if the RCC was not the true church, the Reformation was a fraud.
  • Matthew 7:18 King James Version
    • A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
God opened Luthers eyes to the many false teachings, lies atrocities and corruption being peddled by the RCC and he was brave enough to expose many of them. Martin Luther died on February 18, 1546. One month before, he wrote to a friend complaining of the infirmities of his age, “I, old, weary, lazy, worn-out, cold, chilly, and, over and above, one-eyed man.” He then sighs, “Half-dead as I am, I might be left in peace.”Just before he died, Luther preached what would be his last sermon from his deathbed in Eisleben. The “sermon” consisted of simply quoting two texts, one from the Psalms and one from the Gospels. Luther cited Psalm 68:19, “Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation.” Then he cited John 3:16. Our God is indeed a God of salvation, and that salvation comes through the work of His Son.



User avatar
scottae316
Make the Most High Thy Habitation
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:21 am

Re: Martin Luther

Post by scottae316 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:33 am

To my knowledge, Luther and most of the other reformers still held to infant baptism. Although the vast majority here disagree (I didn’t say all because I don’t know every single persons opinion so...) It was only those who were part of the anabaptist movement that opposed infant baptism. While we are secure in believing that our theological and doctrinal positions are correct, there are sincere Christians that may differ. On matters essential unity, in matters nonessential diversity, in all things charity.



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Martin Luther

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:23 pm

scottae316 wrote:On matters essential unity, in matters nonessential diversity, in all things charity.
That's a nice sentiment, but it usually means that there's disagreement over what the essentials are. Baptism is an essential, I would think. After all, it's part of the principle doctrines listed in Hebrews 6:1-2. Hard to go on to perfection while disagreeing about the foundation.

How can two work together to build upon that foundation if they disagree over the foundation?


"Behold, He cometh with clouds; and EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen."
— Revelation 1:7 (King James Version)

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Martin Luther

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:41 pm

scottae316 wrote:To my knowledge, Luther and most of the other reformers still held to infant baptism. Although the vast majority here disagree (I didn’t say all because I don’t know every single persons opinion so...) It was only those who were part of the anabaptist movement that opposed infant baptism.
Having studied both sides of the issue to my own satisfaction, I think I understand why each side holds their opinion. Honestly, I think infant baptism is a beautiful thing; a true picture of unmerited grace since the child is incapable of contributing anything toward their salvation, at that point.

I haven't investigated the Anabaptists of the time of Luther to my own satisfaction, yet. I have read that they supposedly held to some heretical beliefs of their own, but I've been unable to confirm. And, the stories I've read of them breaking into Catholic and Lutheran churches and desecrating the Eucharist. At this point, I could not imagine doing something like that. Yet, today, there are numerous videos online of people carrying out such acts.


"Behold, He cometh with clouds; and EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen."
— Revelation 1:7 (King James Version)

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5656
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Martin Luther

Post by branham1965 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:29 pm

+ummm "At this point...."

Are you saying you might start such a practice??? :mrgreen: :lol!:




Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
scottae316 wrote:To my knowledge, Luther and most of the other reformers still held to infant baptism. Although the vast majority here disagree (I didn’t say all because I don’t know every single persons opinion so...) It was only those who were part of the anabaptist movement that opposed infant baptism.


Having studied both sides of the issue to my own satisfaction, I think I understand why each side holds their opinion. Honestly, I think infant baptism is a beautiful thing; a true picture of unmerited grace since the child is incapable of contributing anything toward their salvation, at that point.

I haven't investigated the Anabaptists of the time of Luther to my own satisfaction, yet. I have read that they supposedly held to some heretical beliefs of their own, but I've been unable to confirm. And, the stories I've read of them breaking into Catholic and Lutheran churches and desecrating the Eucharist. At this point, I could not imagine doing something like that. Yet, today, there are numerous videos online of people carrying out such acts.



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Martin Luther

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:50 pm

Not likely...
branham1965 wrote:+ummm "At this point...."

Are you saying you might start such a practice??? :mrgreen: :lol!:




Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
scottae316 wrote:To my knowledge, Luther and most of the other reformers still held to infant baptism. Although the vast majority here disagree (I didn’t say all because I don’t know every single persons opinion so...) It was only those who were part of the anabaptist movement that opposed infant baptism.


Having studied both sides of the issue to my own satisfaction, I think I understand why each side holds their opinion. Honestly, I think infant baptism is a beautiful thing; a true picture of unmerited grace since the child is incapable of contributing anything toward their salvation, at that point.

I haven't investigated the Anabaptists of the time of Luther to my own satisfaction, yet. I have read that they supposedly held to some heretical beliefs of their own, but I've been unable to confirm. And, the stories I've read of them breaking into Catholic and Lutheran churches and desecrating the Eucharist. At this point, I could not imagine doing something like that. Yet, today, there are numerous videos online of people carrying out such acts.


"Behold, He cometh with clouds; and EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen."
— Revelation 1:7 (King James Version)

Post Reply