Dake Bible Discussion Board¡¡¡ The Eastern Orthodox Bible Answer Man: Hank Hanegraaff !!!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5068
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: ¡¡¡ The Eastern Orthodox Bible Answer Man: Hank Hanegraaff !!!

Postby branham1965 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:20 pm

Thank you Roger. :turn-l:

i think it might be true.

i remember when we came across the the Orthodox Study Bible on the internet.

i thought it was pretty cool. and i think you found it informative.

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:I think you're right about that, Billy.
branham1965 wrote:He followed his conscience.

He may be better off.


titus213 wrote:He will have a problem with the early Greek Orthodox church fathers who were all synergists, believing that man has a part to play in receiving God's salvation. Hank has prided himself on being a monergist/Calvinist.



titus213
Confess Your Faults One to Another, that Ye May Be Healed
Posts: 1115
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: ¡¡¡ The Eastern Orthodox Bible Answer Man: Hank Hanegraaff !!!

Postby titus213 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:46 pm

I don't hate the Greek Orthodox Church. My late wife was raised in it.

But she didn't find salvation there, because they reject the atonement of Christ as Paul taught it in Romans and replace it with the way some of the early church fathers taught it. They call it the "recapitulation" view. The way it works in practice is that in baptism you are united with the living Christ who begins to make you more and more holy by His perfect holiness, until you reach a stage where you are united with the entire Trinity.

As a 16-year old my wife realized she wasn't becoming more and more holy. She was becoming less and less! She knew she was a sinner and needed some way to be forgiven by God. A neighbor from my church told her the Gospel about a Savior who loved her even though she was guilty before God. He loved her so much that He took the penalty for her. (The courtroom model so mocked by the Orthodox). She could know she was forgiven and could begin a new life with the power of the Holy Spirit in her if she would take the gift God offered and give her heart to the Lord. And that's what she did.

Here is the Orthodox recapitulation view in their own words:
============
The Recapitulation Theory agrees that God needed to deal with man’s sin. Man was separated from God as a result of the fall and, left to his own devices, was incapable of returning to God. However, Recapitulation sees the model through which God dealt with man’s sin as a hospital rather than a courtroom. Instead of viewing the atonement as Christ paying the price for sin in order to satisfy a wrathful God, Recapitulation teaches that Christ became human to heal mankind by perfectly uniting the human nature to the Divine Nature in His person.
He said “Yes” where Adam said “No” and healed what Adam’s actions had damaged. This enables all of those who are willing to say yes to God to be perfectly united with the Holy Trinity through Christ’s person.
==============
Salvation is therefore by "theosis" (deification) rather than by justification (forgiveness) -- we become united to Christ and, through Him, we eventually become united with God Himself and share in His divinity.

http://www.antiochian.org/content/theos ... ine-nature.



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3494
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: ¡¡¡ The Eastern Orthodox Bible Answer Man: Hank Hanegraaff !!!

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:25 pm


Thank you for this link, Titus213.

I'm going to read it. Looks interesting.

Billy, this link is to the website of the branch of the Orthodox Church that put out the Orthodox Study Bible.


"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast. FOR WE ARE HIS WORKMANSHIP, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."
    ● Ephesians 2:8-10 ● King James Version ●

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5068
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: ¡¡¡ The Eastern Orthodox Bible Answer Man: Hank Hanegraaff !!!

Postby branham1965 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:47 pm

thanks for sharing that Pastor titus213.i have heard about folks becoming divine.very little though.

recapitulation a never heard of that.

most importantly my condolences to you about your dear wife.





titus213 wrote:I don't hate the Greek Orthodox Church. My late wife was raised in it.

But she didn't find salvation there, because they reject the atonement of Christ as Paul taught it in Romans and replace it with the way some of the early church fathers taught it. They call it the "recapitulation" view. The way it works in practice is that in baptism you are united with the living Christ who begins to make you more and more holy by His perfect holiness, until you reach a stage where you are united with the entire Trinity.

As a 16-year old my wife realized she wasn't becoming more and more holy. She was becoming less and less! She knew she was a sinner and needed some way to be forgiven by God. A neighbor from my church told her the Gospel about a Savior who loved her even though she was guilty before God. He loved her so much that He took the penalty for her. (The courtroom model so mocked by the Orthodox). She could know she was forgiven and could begin a new life with the power of the Holy Spirit in her if she would take the gift God offered and give her heart to the Lord. And that's what she did.

Here is the Orthodox recapitulation view in their own words:
============
The Recapitulation Theory agrees that God needed to deal with man’s sin. Man was separated from God as a result of the fall and, left to his own devices, was incapable of returning to God. However, Recapitulation sees the model through which God dealt with man’s sin as a hospital rather than a courtroom. Instead of viewing the atonement as Christ paying the price for sin in order to satisfy a wrathful God, Recapitulation teaches that Christ became human to heal mankind by perfectly uniting the human nature to the Divine Nature in His person.
He said “Yes” where Adam said “No” and healed what Adam’s actions had damaged. This enables all of those who are willing to say yes to God to be perfectly united with the Holy Trinity through Christ’s person.
==============
Salvation is therefore by "theosis" (deification) rather than by justification (forgiveness) -- we become united to Christ and, through Him, we eventually become united with God Himself and share in His divinity.

http://www.antiochian.org/content/theos ... ine-nature.



titus213
Confess Your Faults One to Another, that Ye May Be Healed
Posts: 1115
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: ¡¡¡ The Eastern Orthodox Bible Answer Man: Hank Hanegraaff !!!

Postby titus213 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:14 pm

Thank you.
branham1965 wrote:thanks for sharing that Pastor titus213.i have heard about folks becoming divine.very little though.

recapitulation a never heard of that.

most importantly my condolences to you about your dear wife.






User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3494
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: ¡¡¡ The Eastern Orthodox Bible Answer Man: Hank Hanegraaff !!!

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:02 pm

http://www.bottradionetwork.com/2017/04 ... rive-time/

"The “Bible Answer Man” broadcast with Hank Hanegraaff has been removed from Bott Radio Network to accommodate this restructuring of our late afternoon drive-time schedule."
— BOTT Radio Network

I'd imagine that this won't be the last network to cut him from their broadcast schedule.


"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast. FOR WE ARE HIS WORKMANSHIP, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."
    ● Ephesians 2:8-10 ● King James Version ●

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3494
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: ¡¡¡ The Eastern Orthodox Bible Answer Man: Hank Hanegraaff !!!

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi, Titus213.

Thanks again for posting this link about theosis. I've read it a few times, now, and I think I'm missing something. What, exactly, is wrong with the concept of theosis? To me, it sounds similar to Dake's 60 Phases of Salvation (GPFM Lesson 33) that begin when one is initially saved and progress from there until final salvation is received. How is it different? Why is theosis wrong?

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Thank you for this link, Titus213.

I'm going to read it. Looks interesting.




"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast. FOR WE ARE HIS WORKMANSHIP, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."
    ● Ephesians 2:8-10 ● King James Version ●

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5068
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: ¡¡¡ The Eastern Orthodox Bible Answer Man: Hank Hanegraaff !!!

Postby branham1965 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:25 pm

i was looking at a few things on the so called cult sites.
i was looking up Kingdom now,manifest sons of God,Joel's Army and the Latter Rain movements.

these make believer phonies do not give anything a thumbs up or even benefit of the doubt.

i have not come across ONE site worth a pint of +dogpee

they all badmouth Pentecost and Charismatic and Word of Faith Churches. :neutral:

they speak against the Holy Ghost in God's servants. without fear.One imbecile was badmouthing Maria Woodworth Etter. Mother Etter was one of the Pioneers and General's before Azusa Street. :angel:

one rascal said Brother Branham and the Lord in him was of the devil!!

that is close to BLASPHEMY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. you read what Dr Sumrall said about him.

anyway i saw what is called the manifest sons of God theology .

and i thought of how there was a book called Spiritual Hunger the God men in a book by Gordon Lindsay about John G.Lake and his sermons.

could this be the same thing you guys are referring to???



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5068
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

DID HANEGRAAFF LEAVE THE CHRISTIAN FAITH???

Postby branham1965 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:07 am

I have read where some one said Hanegraaff has left the Christian faith.

Having family members from Eastern Europe who are Russian Orthodox i don't believe that.

And i do not believe negative conclusions about the Orthodox faith in general.Or of Coptic,Syrian,Arab and other Christians over there.

They confess the NICENE CREED at every Divine Liturgy .The Liturgy of Saint John Chrysostom is beautiful to observe.
The hymns are beautiful. try out Serbian Orthodox Church Music Psalm 135 on youtube. i just watched a choir sing the Psalm too.Lovely young women and men singing.



i saw 21 Coptic Christians stand strong for their Rabbi Jesus and have their heads removed :agrue: by demonized Muslim monsters.

it is so easy for us to talk here.those people die for Christ!!there women are raped.men have been crucified!! much is hidden by the media. :agrue

the Orthodox Church prayed their guts out and stood strong when the Nazi's invaded Russia and slaughtered them like animals.and they desecrated their Churches.

the Nazi's more than met their match in the form of a vengeful Russian army .



titus213
Confess Your Faults One to Another, that Ye May Be Healed
Posts: 1115
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: DID HANEGRAAFF LEAVE THE CHRISTIAN FAITH???

Postby titus213 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:34 pm

I wouldn't say he has left the Christian faith. But he has certainly gone off course and therefore caused confusion for those who follow him, much as a pilot who makes a wrong turn is still in the airplane but has confused himself and his passengers. Where Hank will land, no one but God knows.

I say he has caused confusion because the Orthodox Church redefines what the Bible says about some pretty basic issues: the new birth happens in water baptism, justification is not a legal declaration made OUTSIDE the believer that the penalty for sin has been paid, but a life-long process INSIDE the believer that makes him righteous, the Lord's Supper actually imparts Christ's life to those who partake, etc. You can read about these at their website: https://goo.gl/etF540

James 3:1 says, "My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment." Hank surely has held the position of teacher. He will just as surely, therefore, receive a stricter judgment than the average person who may, in their confusion, convert to the Orthodox church.




Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests